Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.49 - 103votes)

Wolfsmund

Alt Names: alt 狼の口: ヴォルフスムントalt Ookami no Kuchi Wolfsmundalt Ookami no Kuchi: Wolfsmund
Author: Kuji Mitsuhisa
Artist: Kuji Mitsuhisa
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaHistorical HistoricalHorror HorrorPsychological PsychologicalSeinen SeinenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Europe, early 14th century: the St. Gotthard Pass is the main north-south artery through the Alps. It's guarded by a merciless tyrant and nobody can cross the border without a thorough interrogation. His impregnable fortress is called Wolfsmund, the "Wolf's Maw."
Go to Wolfsmund Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

185 Comments

... Uh chapter 7 is already scanlated? Why rescanlate it?

And in that awful font, too...

if you like stories that end happily, dont read this. if you enjoy reading about people suffering, girls being raped, humans being dismembered and at the end, the villain has the last laugh, then this is an instafollow. no such thing as weak or strong. its a matter of preference. its either youre an optimistic person or youre a bit damaged cos seriously, i think its in human nature to naturally desire a happy ending. its actually natural for normal people to be taken aback and drop this after a chapter or two. if you actually enjoy and look forward to a new chapter, well..you probably need help :D

Well, strictly speaking some of the stories have fairly uplifting endings (Wilhelm and Walter), and Hans and Eva of course got what they deserved. Also, anyone familiar with European history would know that in about 100 years' time the dreaded Swiss mercenaries would be the dominant military force on the continent, at times serving (or, more often than not, extorting money for their services from) the Emperor himself and other times his rebellious vassals - thereby wreaking havoc across the lands of the Holy Roman Empire. Ironically enough, more German (and Austrian) cities have been sacked by the Swiss than the other way around, because impoverished and intimidated lords would rather let their mercs sack conquered cities than face the consequences of failing to pay them. In that sense, the series is actually guaranteed to have a happy ending (not for the Austrians, though).

... Uh chapter 7 is already scanlated? Why rescanlate it?

oh,my! a new release! many thanks

The author should have given some more back story for our villain/main character..? So far this manga seems quite brutal yet I want to see more.

Cool, I wonder why people hate seeing this level of violence in manga though...I mean hey, it clearly doesn't have no tags saying its for the lighthearted (Historical ,tragedy and seinen clearly states it) - no need to bash it -_-...

Never seen a villain like in this one.

He reminds me of Col. Hans Landa from Inglourious Basterds.

Never seen a villain like in this one.

if you like stories that end happily, dont read this. if you enjoy reading about people suffering, girls being raped, humans being dismembered and at the end, the villain has the last laugh, then this is an instafollow. no such thing as weak or strong. its a matter of preference. its either youre an optimistic person or youre a bit damaged cos seriously, i think its in human nature to naturally desire a happy ending. its actually natural for normal people to be taken aback and drop this after a chapter or two. if you actually enjoy and look forward to a new chapter, well..you probably need help :D

Personally, I love the security this manga offers; misery for everyone except our villain. It doesn't yet have enough chapters for the concept to tire.

Fuck this is disgusting. The lack of humanity is so scarily disgusting.

Heh. So I wanted to know about the author.

Turns out she ( yes it's a female ) was an assistant for Kentaro Miura. The mangaka best known for Berserk.

Well that certainly explains why everyone is dismembered and nearly every woman is raped.

She was also an assistant for Mori Kaoru ( Emma - Otoyomegatari ). I can definitely see the resemblance with the way eyes and faces of beautiful females are drawn. And how she does her panels.

But what a combination really. I won't be able to look at this manga the same way after acquiring this knowledge.

Fuck this is disgusting. The lack of humanity is so scarily disgusting.

I'm sad now.

good for the govener

An update! Is this real life...

Unfortunately I can't quite see it, even with strong F5 skills. Guess I'll come back in a bit.

Edit: Just seen the comment under me, now I know why it wasn't updated.

Well time to speak with my money.

Ya'll best support the official English releases by Vertical this series is getting. Volumes two, three, and four are incoming.

Bad ends: the manga.

Though if you consider all the dictators that manage to evade justice in just the 20th century alone (most of which are propped up by you-know-which country), it might as well be called realistic.

wow this manga, nobody has plot armor
Spoiler
dark, depressing, full of despair, dead end, tyranny, inequality, abusive, cruelty, plain massacre; is what i would use to describe the manga, yet the irony, every page flowed with sadness of how easily the little ray of hope get crushed, it make me kept reading.

boxer, pants, Hard-Rock t-shirt and Bruno Mars hat off to the author and Kotonoha.
I can't think of any word befitting those who drop this manga out of disgust as... weak.
this manga is not for the weak
No way. Guy's a friggin karma Houdini.
just read ch 1 and i already how the stories are gonna end will wait for the ch where karma catches up to the governor
I want more.
Spoiler alert: at the end of each chapter, the character you're rooting for dies. Walk away, this manga aint worth it.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics