Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.42 - 169votes)

Popcorn Avatar

Alt Names: alt ポップコーンアバター
Author: Hoshino Koichiro
Artist: Hoshino Koichiro
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyEcchi EcchiRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: One rainy night, Wada, a young teenage boy, standing near the edge of a bridge over a raging river - is on a depressing brink towards committing suicide. Suddenly, a beautiful blonde foreign girl, named Lisa, mysteriously appears. Who is this cheerful girl? And why is she dressed as a cheerleader? Wada wasn't interested and tries to ignore her, but Lisa kicks him off the bridge, and says "try flying." And to his surprise, he does. This power, where did it come from?

It seems that there is a war between the diva's and asura's. And by fate, the result of this war is tied to Wada. Upon learning this, Wada does not look very pleased. Was this his purpose - his destiny? What will he choose? Does he even have a choice? After all, Lisa, the goddess cheering him on, is surprisingly his classmate.
Go to Popcorn Avatar Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Cancelled? New Window MrAnarchist
  • 10 Replies
Topic Descriptions? New Window ernabc
  • 0 Replies

172 Comments

that was... rushed. Twenty bucks says the last boss will appear and kurando/lisa and co's experience as humans will get it to calm down. Poor Agni. I wanted to see her be more than a plot device.
@Portalboy

...corny.
Transformation looked kinda cool, but somehow reminded me of pokemon...
The three most powerful words in the English language if backed with honesty and heart:

I love you.
The manga ended like a year and a half ago to two years ago. It's just the scanlation for it was always behind.
bullsh*t this is ending soon! this is too good to end. They better have a second season coming if this ends or some other way to continue this.
wait... is it ending soon?
Here's another chapter. One more to go.
I'm going to guess this is the part where his sister goes out of control and scares the shit out of Ravanna and hopefully kills her at the same time... I don't know which is worse..... Ravanna or Minerva from Fairy Tail.... They're kind of sadistic to the point of disgust.... Esdese's sadistic trait isn't that bad... I think.. she just kills them in the end. Ah, I know why Esdese isn't as bad. She uses her own strength. She's too OP to use others. lol
Oh Brothers...and their Sister Complexes
and like always the bad guy got a lot more powers than your regular MC
Two more to go. The story gets cut short but individually the chapters are worthy.
ton*
Ryou has a done of shit done to him (getting shot and such) and he keeps on smiling...Respect
Well, the Japanese can be very conservative when they want to. And I suppose the pressure to "fit in" socially doesn't help with manga that diverge from the unwritten "norm".

Not that North America is essentially better if we look at the movie industry. :\ Non-geneneric action/comedy/romance movies are few and far between.. and intelligent films that requires the viewer to think during (and after) the movie are even more uncommon..

I guess it's all due to the business models of those industries. If it's not in the tried and true styles, the profits will fall. So things get axed. :(
I just can't understand that the most cliched manga out there are popular in japan yet those who have tiny-weeny little bit of originality in most cases are not popular, no matter how much i'll think about it, that's just awful.....
Yup, axed. Ends at c29. We should get through them all by the end of the year. It's a decent ending for a rushed manga.
So sad to hear that this manga got axed. I don't want this manga to get axed.!
You just gotta love those one piece leather suits that females wear Posted Image
I liked more the final image of Indra. That was nice. ^_^
What a nice trap
"KURARA HAS ARRIVED."

/Protoss
So everyone and even his Twin Sister is stronger than him, yeah its gonna be this kind of manga again~
Just started this and it's already much better than most of other similar shonen with the same premise (plain guy helping cute goddess character in some sort of fighting contest)

Ryou, one of the main character's rivals, clearly reminds me to Nagare from Ushio to Tora, that alone makes this manga special.
oops nvm thkvl answered it

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics