Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.42 - 169votes)

Popcorn Avatar

Alt Names: alt ポップコーンアバター
Author: Hoshino Koichiro
Artist: Hoshino Koichiro
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyEcchi EcchiRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: One rainy night, Wada, a young teenage boy, standing near the edge of a bridge over a raging river - is on a depressing brink towards committing suicide. Suddenly, a beautiful blonde foreign girl, named Lisa, mysteriously appears. Who is this cheerful girl? And why is she dressed as a cheerleader? Wada wasn't interested and tries to ignore her, but Lisa kicks him off the bridge, and says "try flying." And to his surprise, he does. This power, where did it come from?

It seems that there is a war between the diva's and asura's. And by fate, the result of this war is tied to Wada. Upon learning this, Wada does not look very pleased. Was this his purpose - his destiny? What will he choose? Does he even have a choice? After all, Lisa, the goddess cheering him on, is surprisingly his classmate.
Go to Popcorn Avatar Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Cancelled? New Window MrAnarchist
  • 10 Replies
Topic Descriptions? New Window ernabc
  • 0 Replies

172 Comments

Pretty nice feel good chapter this time around but Mafuyu and that other guy makes me so uneasy >.<
It's alright, Nan. It's not the best thing ever, but you could do a lot worse than this one.
well i'm thinking of starting reading this
is it good?
How's Kurando a weakling, exactly? He's certainly not losing or retreating from any fights. He tends to be pretty mopey, but he's definitely not weak.
@Joker

"Weakling"? He fucking trashes any regular Asura that even looks at him or his sister. High mobility+fast attack speed=untouchable god(I apologize for the unintentional pun).
The manga series ends at volume 6,its completed.
I think he will end up as the avatar for the fire one as well
Since right now he's pretty much a weakling and his power "wind" is still kind of really not under control?
It would be a nice power up for since we all know fire+wind=huge flame...
Altough I still hope I'm wrong...
Yes,Shiva is a deva that is male in hindu mythology.
Shiva is a Deva according to wiki so most likely while insanely destructive she is not an enemy. So assuming this manga holds true to that aspect she should be just fine... well as long as her bro's still alive... if not THEN we're all gonna die a horrible horrible death xP
@Cydric what's that ?
What is this!? Why is my Mafuyu getting all giddy over someone other than her brother!? The siscon alliance will not stand for this!!!
I expected more Posted Image not more Posted Image
Shiva is actually a Deva right?
Either blondie-scarface-man undergoes a 180-degree personality change, or his pursuing Mafuyu will make me rage. >_> I dun like him.
What I read: Popcorn Avatar

What I expected: a tournament fight shonen manga with a healthy dose of ecchi

What I recieved: a fully fledged education in Hindu mythology
@Squier , not just any plain asura, she seemed a level above the others. For instance, like Kali the goddess of destruction.
i wonder if he can also become the avatar for his sister? if not...then what a sad fate those twins have....
If Mafuyu is an Asura D:
latest chapters is really good love the way the story is going XD
hmm should i read this manga, seens like the main charachters personality is something i like.
kill it with fiya
yay~ someone good picked it up!
NOOOO. Why she enemy?!?!
WHY!!!!!
Damn It!
And they just got back on good terms with each other... *sigh..
*L*
Yay, an update, but it just had to be a cliffhanger! Can't wait till the next release. Hopefully it won't be long between.
AAAAAAAAAaaaa~~~~ clifff hangerrrr

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics