Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.39 - 71votes)

Ghost Writer

Alt Names: alt ゴーストライター
Author: Tsubaki Kawori
Artist: Tsubaki Kawori
Genres: Comedy ComedyEcchi EcchiHarem HaremRomance RomanceSeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Mikage Tarou is a poor 25-year-old writer with a secret: He’s the ghost writer behind an author that has recently become wildly popular, Nagareboshi Ryuusei. Since Tarou’s ghost writing is strictly confidential, everyone he knows believes that he’s something of a failure. His personal life doesn’t make him look very successful either, as he didn’t acquire a very prestigious education and he’s never slept with a woman. His publishing company doesn’t treat him with much respect, and he’s always behind on his apartment rent. His personal life is looking more interesting lately, though. He has a thing for his landlord, an innocent and pretty young woman named Mabayu, and his sexy, uninhibited neighbor Hikaru keeps causing all sorts of awkward situations. Will Mikage ever be able to attain any kind of public success, and will he ever end up with Mabayu?
Go to Ghost Writer Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

138 Comments

Oh booooobiesssss!!
Jacob of Fakku on the last page xD
man that maid w/ horse head logo for kudere is freaky to me.
Pretty decent, but nothing special.
Thanks Kuudere for picking that up!
He’s broke because the ghost writer is an employee of the editor house. He gets a fee for each work, but no credit or extra money if the work if good or bad. Only the editor know who he is. And it would be a serious breach of contract if he revealed that he is the ghost writer.
Or, in case a ghost writer is contractor by a private person (through a publisher) he would set a contract with this said person and get paid for writing it.
In the end the Ghost Writer signs of all the copyright and intellectual property of his work.
Thanks for the release Kuudere-scans!
This looks good, I hope there's more releases,,,,,
@blindbox

If he's a succesfull writer then I don't think he's broke unless there's some circumstances which force him to?

for the moment I think he's just pretending to be broke just so that vice manager girl in his apartment would visit him once every 3 days... at least that's what I would do if I were him anyway :P
Is this finally being picked up again?
Sorry thought I had removed the links... guess not. But still just wikipedia :P
@fudgenouget: I pulled this off wiki. But yea you were right

A ghostwriter is a writer who writes books, articles, stories, reports, or other texts that are officially credited to another person. Celebrities, executives, and political leaders often hire ghostwriters to draft or edit autobiographies, magazine articles, or other written material. In music, ghostwriters are used in film score composition, as well as for writing songs and lyrics for popular music genres
Also, Nagareboshi Ryousei doesn't sound like a real person's name. Meaning, that's published under a pseudonym. If I have to take an example where this worked, take Sword Art Online as an example, Kawahara Reki published that under a different name but to his website and it got pretty darn famous. Publisher company contacted him, then he got his work published.

In other words, he shouldn't be broke.
@Irecinius: Wondering the same thing here. He shouldn't be broke.
i prefer the Gao-subs version. just saying :P
Ghost Writer means that the person who's actually writing the novel is giving his content to another novelist and that novelist is basically leeching off right?

Or does it mean that the original novelist is releasing the novel without releasing his identity?
From whati found there are 12 raw chapters out there. hope someone scantranslates this :)
trying to find out whether it's dropped or still active but can't find anything on the gao-sub website, can anyone help?
it was okay but i didn´t like the MC, i don´t know why
still it's already been 2 months ._. not sure when the next one is supposed to come out
hmm when are they going to update this, doubt thats the only chapter also
This is released every 2 months? Oh My God...
Seems interesting thus far, but like Railander said nothing has really happened yet so a complete assessment can't be given.
Why is he SO broke???
He gotta being paid good money for his writing skills, since the other guy/girl is making so much success..
i still havent seen anything amazing from it, but its just chapter 1 so i cant really say if i like it or not.
wow, this surprised me because it is way more interesting than i thought it would be, cant wait for the next chapter now

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics