Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.59 - 63votes)

Takkoku!!!

Alt Names:
Author: Fukuchi Tsubasa
Artist: Fukuchi Tsubasa
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSci-fi Sci-fiShounen ShounenSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Tamano Kako and Marunouchi Gaku were the best of friends, but Gaku had to leave with his father to travel the world. However, Gaku promised that if Kako waited, he would come back in 10 years and they would go out. However, right after Gaku left the law of Takkoku was created: If you confess your love to someone, you must beat them at a game of ping pong; if you touch each other before the game, that person will be punished. If you win, regardless of the other person's feelings, you automatically go out. However, Kako is called the best ping pong player in Japan and Gaku has never played ping pong before AND he wants to be the one that confesses. How will these two people's love flourish under these conditions? Will Gaku ever be able beat Kako at ping pong?
Go to Takkoku!!! Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

133 Comments

an update? is this real life?

Muu-chan <3

Just like pokemon, first was a fire type, then a ghost type and now a lightning type. Gotta catch them all!

This manga is a little bit ridiculous.

I'm surprised to have found this quite enjoyable. Gaku and Kako have the most development. That is absolutely fine, since the manga revolves around them. The Harem loses it's pairing with Romance, it's more Vanilla that way. It makes the other characters less annoying and gives Gaku and Kako more development. Seemingly, the other characters are only used for that purpose. The manga is exceptional when it comes to character and relationship development, however, the same thing cannot be said with plot details and the manga's logic.

The situation can easily be fixed with Gaku's defeat under Kako instead, he refuses to do so because he wants to keep his end of the promise. Despite his stubbornness, it is a part of his character and relationship with Kako. Refusing alone and trying to keep his promise shows the bond between them. It is only fair to her because she waited 10 years for him (She pulled a Tenri). Gaku reaching her level and defeating her will only prove that he is right for her making their situation excusable.

Spoiler

I just started reading and not sure if theres justification (someone correct me if I'm wrong or any discrepancies that occur) and so far I'm really liking this manga with the whole dating rule of Takkoku!!! and ping-pong (huge fan). But something made me realize something that makes this thing really wrong. Takkoku rule states that in order to date the person you desire or have a physical relationship at least, you have to win a ping pong match with them and that rule is upheld meaning the relationship commences regardless of the person, feelings etc. So that implies sketchy people can have physical relationships with minors if they win. And this law is enforced through out all of Japan. =/

Its mentioned in the chapter where Kako talks about how she became the best that the age limit is 10-18.

I just started reading and not sure if theres justification (someone correct me if I'm wrong or any discrepancies that occur) and so far I'm really liking this manga with the whole dating rule of Takkoku!!! and ping-pong (huge fan). But something made me realize something that makes this thing really wrong. Takkoku rule states that in order to date the person you desire or have a physical relationship at least, you have to win a ping pong match with them and that rule is upheld meaning the relationship commences regardless of the person, feelings etc. So that implies sketchy people can have physical relationships with minors if they win. And this law is enforced through out all of Japan. =/

If you turn your brain off this isn't that bad, but if you leave your brain on you're screwed. Though the girls they keep throwing his way has gotten way old.

To put it bluntly: pretty stupid people doing pretty stupid things in a stupid setting. Even though it says "AND he wants to be the one that confesses" in the blurb there i never saw anything that said that (but i might have missed it, true) which just leaves them struggling away for 30 chapters without realising that she could just challenge him, win, and that would be that.

Even if that was the case - that he wants to be the one confessing -, its a pretty weak reason to go through all that stuff for. Basically, they are just morons.

I struggled to finish the first chapter myself.  I love Anagle Mole (couldn't really get into Ueki, though), so I figured I'd give it a shot, but...the setting's too stupid for words.  I don't care how badly the boy wanted to be the one to confess, if I was the girl, I'd just say, "Screw that, I love you, I challenge you to a match of ping pong!" then beat him into the ground and enjoy my new boyfriend.

Up to chapter 13, then after that the unreleased volumes 5 & 6.

Yup.

And FYI I'm on vacation for the next ~3 weeks, don't panic when there will be no releases during that time all three of you.

So this is getting the whole re-translation from another scanlator?

original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

Up to chapter 13, then after that the unreleased volumes 5 & 6.

So this is getting the whole re-translation from another scanlator?

original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

Already wait 3 years for someone to pick this up, I guess another year or two is no big deal.

Is this getting picked up then?
Cause I was seriously thinking about some random ping pong manga I read a long time ago yesterday. And this was it :D

If that law was real, ahahaha

Suicide numbers would skyrocket after people getting forced into relationships with people they possibly hate, just cause the other person happens to be better at a game.

It's like the "Hey, the government passed this bill that forces all female students to be public sex slaves to relieve "tension" in males whether they like it or not" setting you find in the more disgusting hentai, but made "kid friendly"...

I feel trolled

this story is too cute :3

The illogical-ities are getting to me too now.  I recommend this manga is read in small chunks, 2-5 chapters at a time maximum

What the fuck is this? What kind of premises is this? Dear God

After watching the Myth Busters episode on high-speed ping pong balls, I find my suspension of disbelief highly strained with this manga. :/

It's the Prince of Tennis of ping pong.

Point is, this series never takes itself seriously so it's far more enjoyable.

If that law was real, ahahaha

Instant follow! At last somebody is doing this. Thanks a lot Akito!

After watching the Myth Busters episode on high-speed ping pong balls, I find my suspension of disbelief highly strained with this manga. :/

Maybe if it wasn't about table tennis. Fighting for a date is cool, but table tennis?

Kiiiiinda wish groups wouldn't scanlate old chapters.

just wondering if anyone knows any place to read the raw

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics