Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.62 - 74votes)

5 Centimeters Per Second

Alt Names: alt Byousoku 5 Centimeteralt Byousoku 5 Centimetersalt 秒速5センチメートル
Author: Shinkai Makoto
Artist: Seike Yukiko
Genres: Drama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A tale of two people, Tono Takaki and Shinohara Akari, who were close friends but gradually grow farther and farther apart as time moves on. They become separated because of their families yet continue to exchange contact in the form of letters. Yet as time continues to trudge on, their contact with one another begins to cease. Years pass and the rift between them grows ever larger. However, Takaki remembers the times they have shared together, but as life continues to unfold for him, he wonders if he would be given the chance to meet Akari again as the tale embarks on Takaki's realization of the world and people around him.

Go to 5 Centimeters Per Second Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Chapter 11 New Window Arman
  • 2 Replies

37 Comments

@Eave

It's not translated into English, but the novel Shinkai released soon after the third segment of the film came out details the third segment in more detail. He does have some decent relationships, and isn't really still "in love" with her, but more like he's still searching for the same feelings that she gave him in the past. In any case, he manages to pick himself up and pursue the girl he's currently serious about [after they broke up/almost broke up].
such a great story.
I feel that a lot of the people that have read this story and have said that they're frustrated with the ending are those
that have been too used to always having a happy ending.
not everyone will end up happy.. that's life.
At the very least he's not an invalid.
the story was good except for the ending if you ask me.....
I mean come on.... The girl got married and what did the boy got?
A messed up life, no decent relationships, and he still likes her.....
I mean can there be any more worse endings ever?
Much better than the movie.
I really didn't want to read this after i found out that he didn't end up with his childhood friend, but it was a good read and was very realistic and not ideal. Though i honestly would've liked it to be more complete because it skipped from time and person a lot which was kind of annoying and it really didn't go the way people would have thought or wanted. Hmm, still i think it's a story that is a good read.
One of the few mangas as glorious as life with all its sadness. Strongly recommended to all who like realistic mangas, with open endings.
First off I want to say how good this manga is, the story and art are really well done. That being said, I hated it. Why I hated it:
Spoiler
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...such a nice manga, awesomely realistic....why did it end </3
i really dont want to read this, i remember being on the verge of tears just reading first few chapters and reading the authors otherr manga. reality is harsh!
The most beautiful manga I've ever read.
prepare your tissues before read this series T.T

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics