Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.66 - 182votes)

Kuroshitsuji

Alt Names: alt Black Butleralt El Mayordomo Negroalt 검은 집사alt 黒執事alt Kara Kahyaalt Piru Hovimestariksialt خادم سیاه
Author: Toboso Yana
Artist: Toboso Yana
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHistorical HistoricalHorror HorrorMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Among the noble families of Victorian England exists Sebastian Michaelis, butler to the Phantomhives. He has unquestionably impeccable knowledge of all subjects, including etiquette, martial arts and cooking, as well as talents in every other area imaginable.

However, though Sebastian is undeniably perfect, he is forever destined to meet the needs of his 12 year old master, Ciel. Wearing a black tailcoat whilst gracefully brewing the world's strongest red tea, why is it that such a high class butler chooses never to leave the side of such a frustrating master? And what is the truth behind his perfection? The secrets of Sebastian and the tragedies of his cunning young master slowly unfold as the duo goes up against many terrible and unexpected foes.
Go to Kuroshitsuji Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Kuroshitsuji's Latest Chapter Discussion New Window ndanix
  • 18 Replies
Topic Who is the best Kuroshitsuji character? New Window yamikami
  • 11 Replies

335 Comments

I love this manga but I'm not loving this "school days" arc. It's like the worst kind of fanservice. Ciel is best when he's on top manipulating everything with an air of contempt and candor - seeing him grovel, even as a pretense, just bores me. Which means I'm eagerly awaiting the end of this arc and the way he finally ends up utterly ruining those snotty prefects and their idiotic families.
is this gay manga?
I feel so juvenile. I know that the term "fag" is entirely appropriate here, and was a good translation choice, but still...

"I'll definitely become Clayton's fag!"

Bwa ha ha!

It's like that one Batman comic where they use they keep using the word "boner" because it meant "a slip-up" back in the day.
Waiting till next month will kill me!!! ;____;
I knew from that pretty, pretty face of his that Cole was no good! Also, Sebastian really looks like a very beautiful Professor Snape!
I love Ciel's personality, doesn't take shitt from anybody but I guess you'd be that way if you had a demon for a butler.

After that zombie boat arc I suddenly want to see more of Elizabeth now their relationship is so cute.
About that "fag" thing, I ended up using my dictionary and this is what came
"fag [Br.] [public school sl.] Diener {m} [junger Internatsschüler, der einem Präfekten bestimmte Dienste zu leisten hat]"
So translated it would be "Servant [young pupil at a boarding school who has to do certain chores for a prefect"
I think, that clears things up? XD
The upper senior's fags... xDDD

BTW is it just me or does anyone else feel that Ciel lost some of his grace/elegance from the earlier chapters?
Actually, in British English "fag" means "cigarette". Though I don't get why cigarettes are related to a "senpai-kohai" kind of relationship.
It's Fag time...
Oh god what. Chapter 68, why? xD

Spoiler
Dumbledore!
I have this weird feeling the principal doesn't really exist.

As a side note, that's IMO an error in translation, not from lack of Japanese but from lack of Britishese--for a British school, especially a Victorian posh one, there is no such thing as a principal. He would be the headmaster.
That was an interesting chapter. Ciel is more like a Slytherin though.
This manga is exemplary. I saw the anime so the undertaker being a shinigami wasn't too suprising. Didn't expect Lizzy to be a
Spoiler
sorry if that spoiler tag did not work, I do not use it often, you see. I wonder what grades the school has, because some of those boys looked 17+ while no one seems to think it is odd that Ciel, who is what, 12~13? is there.
Yes, I did put an interrogation mark in the middle of a sentence. What are you going to do about it?
Woah, at first I thought, WTF!?!? I want THE Earl back, high and mighty like always! A school setting this time!
After continuing reading to page three and further I could even predict the whole chapter!
But nevertheless, because it's Kuroshitsuji, it was a great first chapter to a probably, like always, great arc with a super duper mega eye-candy page as the last! Can't wait for the next one! :D
I love it.

I always liked British boarding schools and I'm glad I'm actually reading a manga that features it for once.
Come on, they are obviously working up to another mystery, like we always have. Why are people complaining, it's like no one thinks things through.
It was a shock at first, then finding out why made it much better.
Meanwhile Sebasu is sexy awesome again!
We want him as our butler. Posted Image
That guy that came after thoses 4 shoujo bishies passed.. I was wondering "Oiii negima what'ya doing there?"
is a kid going to school such a surprise ?
I'm not sure what's bothering everyone. How can a series about a Victorian British upper class young man do without a segment involving Victorian British public schools? The battles of the Victorian empire were won on the playing fields of Eton, don't you know. Tomkinson's School Days and all that sort of rot.

(Okay, yes, it looks like there's a bit of Potter echo, but don't forget that Harry Potter was built on a long tradition of British boarding school stories, with a bit of added Gandalf; lots of manga set in exclusive schools are also basically ripping off the British school tradition as much as they're doing anything Japanese, although it does seem as if there's some kind of Japanese swank Catholic school tradition as well)
What is this?! Ciel is a Ravenclaw?
#whatthehellwasthat #whatthehellisthis
It gave me quite a shock when I saw the high school setting. Good thing that it is only temporary and for a job... but it really feels like the fan-service is increasing :/

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics