Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.23 - 35votes)

Yawara!

Alt Names: alt ยาวาระ!alt 以柔克刚alt Tiểu Thư Nhu Đạoalt Yawara
Author: Urasawa Naoki
Artist: Urasawa Naoki
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyMartial Arts Martial ArtsRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Yawara Inokuma is a talented judoka raised and trained by her grandfather Jigoro. Her grandfather says she's supposed to become the hope of Japan's judo team in Seoul in 1988, but she has different plans: to finish high school and find a boyfriend...like all her friends. But being a normal girl and an olympic champion are two different things. Which path will she choose to follow?

In 1990 Yawara! received the 35th Shogakukan Manga Award for general manga.

Prequel:

> Jigoro!
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/jigoro-r6047)
Go to Yawara! Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

27 Comments

I still don't get how anybody could think that you "play" martial arts. That's like an insult.
Wow, I'm really glad that I ended up bumping in to this by chance. The only thing I don't like is the ideal of what a normal girl should be like, but then again, that's just a difference in cultures.

Anyhow, this is definately worth anyone's time.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics