Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.49 - 71votes)

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha

Alt Names: alt Archenemy and Heroalt まおゆう魔王勇者alt จอมมารนักเศรษฐศาสตร์กับผู้กล้าบ้าพลังalt 魔王勇者alt Maoyū Maou Yūsha
Author: Touno Mamare
Artist: Asami You
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHarem HaremMartial Arts Martial ArtsRomance Romance
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: After a long and treacherous journey, Yuusha finally arrives at the Maou’s castle only to find himself being asked for help. Yuusha explains how the war that the demons have brought upon the humans have killed thousands and put more in misery. Maou however argues that this war has allowed humans to band together as one resulting in increased population, increased production, a boosted economy, and an improved society overall. Furthermore, she explains to Yuusha that ending this war will result in a civil war that will produce more bloodshed than there ever was. Yuusha, convinced that the only way to bring peace, relatively speaking, is to join forces with Maou, agrees to help her.

One of five simultaneous serializations of the Maoyuu Maou Yuusha series.

adaptation of the light novel series written by Touno Mamare

Alternate Stories:

> Maoyuu Maou Yuusha - "Be mine, Hero" "I refuse!"
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/maoyuu-maou-yuusha-be-mine-hero-i-refuse-r643)

> Maoyuu Maou Yuusha - Other Side of the Hill
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/maoyuu-maou-yuusha-other-side-of-the-hill-r3113)

> Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Gaiden - Madoromi no Onna Mahou Tsukai
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/maoyuu-maou-yuusha-gaiden-madoromi-no-onna-mahou-tsukai-r5404)

- Maoyuu 4-Koma: You're Horrible, Maou-sama!
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/maoyuu-4-koma-youre-horrible-maou-sama-r2234)

- The Demon Queen Weight Loss Plan
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/the-demon-queen-weight-loss-plan-r4776)
Go to Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic This version feels more seinen, and not a chibi in sight. New Window Pax Empyrean
  • 10 Replies
Topic Why not do a full translation of this comic? New Window truepurple
  • 16 Replies

134 Comments

when will they make an anime of this? :|
They all focus on different things. Another series in a somewhat similar situation might be papakiki.
So this just something I've been wondering, how exactly did they decide to 5 serializations simultaneously?
I think it's an amazing series and I wish I could read the books, but that is a tad ridiculous though I do appreciate each artists efforts.
I mean, the only thing I can think of that comes even close to this phenomenon are all the mangas surrounding the Romance of the Three Kingdoms epic and those generally come from somewhat different perspectives/protagonists as well as I don't think most of those were being released simultaneously (plus that story practically requires multiple depiction with the amount of characters and events).
I mean if anyone knows why/how they decided to do 5 series at the same time please enlighten me, although
@soranokira I don't think 5 different endings is exactly likely considering that one of the serializations is a 4-koma gag strip and the others have yet to break from the overall plot
"assaulted the english language?
i dont c it"

I suspect you wouldn't.

Also, potatoes are amazing!
Love reading all the versions of this story, though somehow this one made potatoes seem so much more super (and demonic).
im also reading another version of this and i like how the story in this one seems to take a little more time but not enough to seem slow just gives a little more background but i like the art in both
Photo
TsundereChan
Feb 27 2012 07:08 PM
assaulted the english language?
i dont c it
he just said the truth
everyday english we use is low-context and thats all there is
Thank scanlators although I pretty sure the translator convertly assaulted the english language but anyway thanks for your work. I do apreciate the time your entire group spends.
I assume first girl syndrome = first is the best = the first in this maoyuu series that you read would feel the best to you.
What's the 'first girl syndrome'?
I agree that this can't be compared to Higurashi. The current closest contender is Papa no Iukoto o Kikinasai, where the alternate adaptations are running together as well.

As for this version.. Ugh.. All the cute stuff made with serious drawings.. Is a bit... unsettling.. The knee-pillow isn't as adorable.. The maid sisters looks like they come from a seinen manga..
Hopefully the art justifies the later stories o.o
@Kuroiikawa

All 4(?) versions are being run at the same time, none of them are "finished".
I want them to update only one series at a time, so one'll be finished, then another, then another. It'll be easier to keep up with the storylines that way.
So many people with First-Girl syndrome.
Preferences preferences preferences preferences!
It's like I'm watching Ballmer on stage all over again. You are either going to end up reading all the versions, or missing out on something good.
I like the art but I since prefer the other art style with 8 chapters
From the look of it, I think it's an event when the voice actors/actresses will dress up as the characters from Maoyuu then read the scenario. You can think of it as a play, but no actual acting in it.
@zavie Sorry, but I think I may have misunderstood something when I first saw the page. Once again, I apologize for my poor understanding of the Japanese language. I'm not entirely sure what it is exactly anymore. All I know, is that it has a bunch of popular voice actors. It could be a reading like a drama CD, or it could be a full performance. I'm not really sure.
I'll give what info I can about it, though.

It's called Maoyuu Maou Yuusha: Episode 0. The story leading to the beginning (『まおゆう魔王勇者』エピソード0 始まりに至る物語)
It consists of two parts. The first is called 勇者編「出立」 (roughly TLs to: Hero Chapter: Departure). The other is 魔王編「恋慕」 (roughly TLs to: Demon Lord Chapter: Love / Falling in Love / Tender Emotions [unsure of TL])

Unfortunately, I don't think you'd be able to see it unless you're in Japan. It's playing in Shibuya Public Hall.
You can find more info by going to the official site. It's in Japanese, though.
@Thunder Wolf: mind sharing more info about the live action?

And when I said the original, I was referring to the novel, I know that the story was originated from 2ch though.
That's because the art is different with every series.
The artist for "Be mine, Hero. I refuse!" is Ishida Akira
The artist for "On the other side of the hill" is Touge Hiro
The artist for this one is Asami You
Idon't know the artist for the other ones.

On a side note, the wall of text was very interesting. I hadn't thought that maybe the demons that hero killed to get famous might not have been any threat to humans at all.
I liked 'Maoyuu Maou Yuusha - "Be Mine, Hero" "I refuse"' better, but i think this one is a little better than the over the hill one. By the way, is it just me, or does the art seem different with every series?
yeah,i read some post of Maoyuu Maou Yuusha at 2ch about 2 years ago i think it was hard to understand but somehow i read it, and its was a chapter/vol of the novel , i saw the animated manga at niconico douga but i didn't understand anything lol
I find it rather funny how people say they like the "original" more. The original was an original story on 2ch. It became so popular, it was made into a Light Novel (and a few 2ch people made some fan made animated manga).
While there are many spin-offs, this one has the original title without any additional text.This would lead me to believe that it's the official manga version, and the others are alternate stories (similar to how Papa no Iukoto o Kikinasai! has numerous spin-offs, but all the spin-offs have an additional title such as "Chronicles of Street Observation Research" or "Mark of the Rabit").

Either way, all the manga are on different magazines, but the only one you can read on the website is the 4koma. xD
Although, this version has it's own page linked to on the official website.

Also, as a heads up to anyone interested, there's some sort of live action play of Maoyuu Maou Yuusha as well. At least, that's what I could grasp with my very limited understanding of Japanese.

Hope you can enjoy MMY in all it's forms! ツ
I think those 5 serializations are 5 series follow the Maoyuu world but with different focus or different ending/path. I might be wrong though.
A broader approach version of Maoyuu, I see. While the art is way more gorgeous than the 1st adaption (from light novel), the content is lighter, less infodump and terminologies. Imo, it's more suitable for readers who want to know about the story and plot, without any extra info (which is a charm of the original).

I like this read nevertheless.
Alternate adaptation, but the plot as a whole from a macro view seems to be intact. :)
I like the other version better. This may have nicer art, but the conversations seem more fluid and natural in the other.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics