Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.44 - 94votes)

Doubutsu no Kuni

Alt Names: alt どうぶつの国
Author: Raiku Makoto
Artist: Raiku Makoto
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureAward Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyMystery MysterySci-fi Sci-fiShounen ShounenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: One day a tanuki named Monoko stumbles across a baby abandoned by it's mother. Having no family of her own, she raises the baby to the best of her ability even though they originate from different species. Hardships and enemies face the tanukis but that doesn't stop Monoko protecting the baby at all costs. Many trials await this baby as it grows and communicates with the animal world.

Animal Land won the 37th Kodansha Manga Award
Go to Doubutsu no Kuni Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Changing the main picture. New Window Ozarke
  • 2 Replies
Topic The Worlds New Window -世界死神- chaos_animagic
  • 1 Replies

53 Comments

So fucking damn unfair to replace Globule with that girl, talk about anticlimactic final enemies, will he be really unable to defeat his previous manga Gash bell?

It's disappointing to say this, but I'm kind of glad that it's going to end soon. The story, for me, kinda went out of proportion. I enjoy it and I know where the author is taking the story, but I keep going wth is going on and why did the author add this. 

Stupid friend showing me good manga.......so tired....so many pages

F*cking Gillleeeeeer!!!!!

What if the problem was that only women wombs got infected with this virus and the only cure is to make males modify their semen to impregnate female animals ?!!

Spoiler

why is this not more popular???!!!!

Man just read this all in one whoop!(2.5 hours)

It is just that good.

Starts out very light and cute but goes very dark afterwards with unnerving themes, how much I wish the sales of this would be higher... but at least it got an award, will be waiting for the last volume!

This manga starts off greatly but as thing progress it became really shitty. I prefer manga with great story and little action scene, rater than a good battle manga with a shitty story like these. Story progress to fast, to many time skip, and after time skip, the character become immature, retarded and stupid.

so yeah, manga about developing and mantaining live is way better than a retarded ideolgy based fighting manga. this manga just lost all its charm.

Ideology is life.  You can't maintain your way of life when the whole world is trying to crush it.

This manga starts off greatly but as thing progress it became really shitty. I prefer manga with great story and little action scene, rater than a good battle manga with a shitty story like these. Story progress to fast, to many time skip, and after time skip, the character become immature, retarded and stupid.

so yeah, manga about developing and mantaining live is way better than a retarded ideolgy based fighting manga. this manga just lost all its charm.

oh my god, this is so legit.

It really makes your emotions overflow, truly a great piece of manga.

It's here, the final volume!

jonah-hill-1sd6bvl.gif

*near the end of the chapter*

Aww...

*end of the chapter*

...wwwwAHAHGHAHGAH!  Gosh darn it to heck man!

At first, I thought it was some silly gag manga but... as soon as it turned into the dark side it got me even more hooked into it

10/10 would cry clean the dust from my eyes

this is some great story... i spend 3 days to read all the episodes... xD ... quite a long time because of work... its heartwarming and also vicious world 

Jesus this took all the heart wrenching moments of Gash Bell and then added cute animals getting slaughtered to the mix. I read all the chapters in one go and I'm very happy that the mangaka hasn't lost his ability to make likeable characters. All in all I thought this was a fantastic read with great art and reading it totally made my day.

QuGHtJu.gif

Why did the full volumes get taken down?

... mass release.... I read it in one go when I saw it, wow... thanks HWMN

Many thanks for the mass release. I've been keeping up with the raws, but am glad to see everything here fully translated. Makoto Raiku is a masterful mangaka fleshing out characters within a single chapter and to those who read Konjiki no Gash bell, Doubutsu no Kuni will not disappoint.

Bloody hell Raiku Makoto. Every time, you start funny and stupid and then all of my feels. You magnificent bastard.

Oh god I am a happy person. thank you, sun will rise again!

OMG updates!!!!!, Thanks I was actually looking forward to this Tarzan-esque manga. :D

Thanks for uploading guys. The manga is the same author as Gash Bell.

...really?... uploaded as volumes...

I'll re upload them by chapters...

This is VERY interesting! and cute.

I have up to volume 7 with the Kodansha USA releases and it gets WAY more interesting with each consecutive volume. I find it a lot better than many of the current Shonen running. Sadly, it's not very popular despite that fact.

This is VERY interesting! and cute.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics