Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.66 - 132votes)

Pumpkin Scissors

Alt Names: alt 南瓜剪刀alt หน่วยพิทักษ์ธรณินalt パンプキン シザーズalt 非战特攻队alt 陆军情报部三科
Author: Iwanaga Ryoutarou
Artist: Iwanaga Ryoutarou
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaMystery MysteryRomance RomanceShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The bitter war between the Empire and the Republic of Frost has ended, but three years after the cease-fire, the Empire is still ravaged by starvation and disease, and bandits terrorize the populace. Can the Imperial Army State Section III, aka Pumpkin Scissors, stop a renegade force with chemical weapons? And who is the mysterious stranger helping Pumpkin Scissors?

======Batoto Staff Notice=====
Unfortunately chapters 12-13 haven't been scanlated.
=======Staff Notice End=======
Go to Pumpkin Scissors Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Thanks for this New Window Dakoroth
  • 3 Replies
Topic Need help scanlating Pumpkin Scissors New Window RedSuisei
  • 9 Replies
Topic Anyone scanlating Pumpkin Scissors? New Window meh11
  • 0 Replies
Topic Chapter 28 New Window Bahatoddy
  • 7 Replies

197 Comments

For all the flirting that Orledo did , his quiet colleague Machs got even better than all his combined.... XD....
In the anime, the princess won't appear again.
I hope In the manga the princess will make re-appearance in latter chapter.
Woohoo, finally a chapter past the anime!
Great series don't know what else to say except that I'll definitely keep my eye on this one.
Read all of the chapters in one sitting.

Can't wait for more.
It's been so long since I last read an update of this, I'm going to have to restart from the beginning <.<

At least I know I'll enjoy it :)
thank you, i've been hoping someone would pick this up
wow, someone actually picked up this series
makes me really happy, now i'll soon be able to read it in both japanese and english
My god, this chap was so long but it was so good. Cant wait for more.
The funny thing, is that i came upon this series yesterday through the random button. But i didn't think there would be any more releases cause all the others happened on the same day. I was wrong!!!!! XD
Sweet jesus I've missed this.
glad another group picked it up.
Loved this anime!
I was reading Ghost hunt, and the translators notes caught my attention. Maybe this will help clarify the 'ghostbusters' confusion. I know that this is a completely different manga, but their notes made sense. It more or less describes what Oland's unit represented.

On another note: I just finished reading the latest chapter, and to me reading this manga just feels right. I commend Oland, for being the character that he is. There’s just this air about him...It’s been hard for him, but he always manages to stand his ground. He may appear hesitant, indecisive, and he often blames himself for being unable to save everyone who crosses his path, but he always manages to move forward.

Once in a while you can see this pain in his eyes, which reflects the walls that he has built around himself, afraid to let anyone in on his pain, but as Alice breaks down one wall at a time, we see another layer of Oland’s compassionate nature. Being the man that he is, showing compassion does not make him weak, but rather, it shows that there’s still humanity within him. And it’s for this reason that I read this manga.

Also, I couldn’t help, but to compare this manga with Full Metal. It’s been a long time since I’ve read a manga that makes me feel satisfied when reading it,
and I think I’ve finally found the “one”.
i doubt it sould be ghostbusters cause they are not hunting ghosts but tanks that's why i cannot like both of numinors translations

i am german myself.

gespenstische jäger ghostly hunters, hunters who behave more like ghosts than humans should be more correct

and yes manga or scanlator that is the question often enough the mangaka is at fault and the scanlators know no german and take it like it was written (like kamikaze said, but i have seen wrong translators put in by scanlators ^^)
Actually.

Taking German military naming conventions of the past in account and considering that they are the ones acting as tank hunters, while their lanterns make them look like will o' wisps, they'd be Jagtgeister (Hunter Ghosts) and not Geisterjäger (Ghostbusters).

That aside, yeah. The German in this manga is horrid, but I loved the anime to bits. I'll be reading this.

And yeah, in case you weren't aware. There was a year 2006 24 episode TV anime of this.
nice story
I meant to say this is a warm story that is about peace time
warming story about peacesite
If I had to guess, I would say it's the mangaka. Generally the only time I've ever seen a scanlating team leave something in a language other than English is when that's how it was in the original text and the non-English version is relevant in its untranslated form. Combine that with the fact that I've run into numerous mangas over the years with...questionable...phrases, in English and several other languages, and the scanlating team would most likely have access to someone who could translate a short phrase like that into proper German if they had changed it from the original text and it seems a pretty safe bet.

Most likely the mangaka got as close as they could and the editor didn't know enough German to notice it was wrong or if they did figured most of their Japanese audience wouldn't.
I would say "Gespenster Jäger" or better "Geisterjäger" (Ghostbusters)
I'm German and I'm amazed how the German sucks in Mangas.
The question is, was it the Mangaka or the Scanlator.
cause it is german and i hate it being wrong

ch1 page 52

gespenst jäger should probably mean gespenstische Jäger

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics