Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.43 - 28votes)

Regatta

Alt Names: alt レガッタ 君といた永遠alt Regatta Kimi to Ita Eienalt Регата
Author: Hara Hidenori
Artist: Hara Hidenori
Genres: Drama DramaRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Story about Makoto Osawa, a university student on the regatta (rowing) team. He and his friend have dominated the intercollegiate competition for the double scull. Along with his friend's girlfriend (and team manager) Misao , the team has dreams of participating in an Olympic competition. But his friend's death in a racing accident leaves Makoto broken up, and he has to deal with pulling himself together as well as facing the trials of love and friendship.
Go to Regatta Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Osawa is wrong New Window Purple Library Guy
  • 73 Replies

89 Comments

from the latest chapter.. Sure seems to me like the story may head down with a development that the girl will be hit with something; that beach scene looks like a last goodbye sorta pulled out from some tragic drama series ;/
@Sutton
Consider her situation. They are best friends but his feelings for her are uncertain and usually when it comes to romance their is a strong likelyhood it will affect their friendship especially if the feelings are one way.

1) Its her guilt which was revealed later.

2) Just to make the person they like to make a move they do that. This is especially common in bestfriend relationships and commonly done by girls. Its shallow but it happens.

3) Kurata doesn't want to break up but probably wants to distance Osawa from Misao if possible so his relationship could progress.

Her guilt and Kurata making that offer to Osawa indirectly hints his relationship with her did not progress further since they started dating and her confession to Osawa now proves that point.
Great, great new chapter, thanks a lot Village Idiot Scans!!!
If it was really so, then:
1) She wouldn't be reminiscing how she loved Kurata for half of the series (exactly LOVE, not friendship, but love.)
2) She would not go out with him (like...why? She loves another person, she's already close enough to him, so going out would not any sense. Making him jealous? Don't think so, they're friends, it's pointless)
3) Have a fight for a girl's heart? Come on, it doesn't work like this when it comes to real love. It either love or not, not choosing alfa by his achievments. The only probable reason for their match is that he wanted to give her over somehow, while he could just break up without much explaining, for everything's well known.

To sum up, total Omsk. Some unexplainable bullshit. Artist doesn't/didn/t know himself what he's writing about.
Just read chapter 35.
Spoiler
I don't think so. I think he died before his relationship could progress further. From what Misao is telling now I think it is safe to assume Misao held back which probably led him to make Osawa an offer because he very well notices Osawa is not honest with his feelings either. He was hoping if he wins Misao will start to have feeling for him and stop thinking about Osawa if he loses he has the benfit of hooking his friends up with the person who they truly love and he doesn't have to deal with this uncertainty anymore and find a person who is right for him.
He knew all along yet fucked her daily and daily did she consent to it, lol.
Wow, two in two days. You guys rock VIS.
Village Idiot comes through again! And a great chapter too.
thanks for the great new chapter Village Idiot Scans!!
Thanks for the new chapters VIS!!!
Great chapters! Thank Village Idiot Scans. You guys let us read some of the best manga out there (and your grammar is good too!!).
I WANT CHIIIKA, NOT MISAO!!!!!!
Thanks Village Idiot Scans!!!
Great new chapter, thanks Village Idiot Scans!
great new chapter, thanks village idiot scans
Page 12
I'll say it again--love that guy's crazy grin.
Thanks for the new release VIS!! I'm still surprised how exciting it is to watch this race even in manga form
I've watched a bit of rowing, you know Olympics and stuff, and it can be a surprisingly exciting sport. I guess there's reasons why traditionally the biggest day of the year for Oxford and Cambridge was Boat Race Night, the big rowing meet against each other.

It's also very demanding . . . what I've heard is that the typical distance leaves the rowers with a difficult compromise between "sprint" and "long-haul" approaches to effort/muscle use, with the advantage of a fast start tending to push them into, basically, trying their damnedest to maintain a sprint approach well beyond what would normally be the limit. Tough.
Wow, exciting sports action, I'd have never thought rowing was could be exciting like this. Great new release
Cliff hanger!
Great new chapter!
Chiika is the best. Not like this emo reminiscing Kurata.
i agree @Purple Library Guy. shes got spunk. and i like spunk.
Ya know, I realize it's all set up where he's got the doomed love for the rowing club girl and he has to get her in the end.
But I find I'm liking the ditzy girlfriend from the wrong side of the tracks. She's got gusto.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics