Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.31 - 29votes)

Tetsuwan Girl

Alt Names: alt 鐵腕女投手alt 鉄腕ガールalt Gadis Bertangan Besialt Iron Arm Girl
Author: Takahashi Tsutomu
Artist: Takahashi Tsutomu
Genres: Drama DramaHistorical HistoricalSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The year is 1949. Japan had been defeated in World War II and was occupied by Allied Forces consisting of American, Australian, British, Indian and New Zealander troops.

A young woman meets a young man. Both have lost everything because of the war. Tome Kano, a barmaid, lost everything during the war. Katsuya Ranzaki, a wealthy investor, lost everything for not going to war. The two are fed up with their lives and want to live "real lives" for once. Katsuya's starting up an all-girls baseball team with Tome on it allows them to do this. In this dramatic story, the dreams of a nation come alive. Through the determination and strength of Katsuya and Tome, girls baseball becomes a sensation, and Tome a superstar.
Go to Tetsuwan Girl Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

57 Comments

I wonder how much of an invalid he is.

I am also gutted this is only 9 volumes long seriously that's like 15 chapters left I felt the author could have got away with another 100 chapters i mean so many average baseball mangas go on for 100s of chapters i find a decent one and it doesnt even hit 100 chapters 150-200 chapters fine but not even 100 chapters gutted

Seriously someone needs to give you a medal my friend i am loving the quick releases only one other group i can think of who releases at roughly the same speed as you. You are a legend 

Akito, thanks for the new chapter.  You folks are really putting them out at a fantastic rate.  I'm really enjoying a manga with a believable strong heroine.  No super powers, just an incredible force of will. 

Interesting.  Really interesting manga.  I just read all we've got here and put it on my follow list.  Looking forward to more.  Thanks, Akito.

How did i not find this manga sooner :')

Managed to finish this in one sitting!!! Damn this is good, the main heroine is so awesome!!!
And my god, Akito, how the hell are you pumping out these chapters that quickly!!! Ty so much :D

Not to give away too much but baseball will still be played. 

wow....thanks for the quiet tip....glad I stuck around.

Tome and Kate now looks like best buds. :rofl:

Thanks, I'll survive the wait.

how many chapters of this? since its updating so fast im waiting till its done.

9 volumes/92 chapters in total.

how many chapters of this? since its updating so fast im waiting till its done.

so no more baseball then?....this story is kinda confusing me.

What would a baseball manga be without baseball? That would be like a pond|river|lake|ocean without water.

Moral of the story ask an illogical(ばか)question get an illogical(ばか) answer.

¡^¡ Go Tome!! Bitch-slap 'em with money, if that's all they care about!

Thx for reviving this, Akito!

I like this manga, but the strong Japanese patriotism/nationalism/anti-Americanism themes can be uncomfortable for me. Not that I don't understand, given the time frame of the manga and the author's history of including both nationalist and patriotic themes in his other works, but it often makes it hard for me to like a main character that would otherwise be exactly my cup of tea.

I also have trouble with the near constant portrayal of Japan as being nothing short of a victim. Don't get me wrong, I'm a history major with a large focus on the Pacific Theater, so I'm well aware of the immense atrocities committed by all sides of the conflict, and am anything but an apologist for American World War II sins, but Japanese war crimes committed by Japan's government and many of its people against China and other east Asian nation-states illustrate just how far Japan was from being a victim.

All of that said, this is a good manga with a fantastically strong and engaging female lead in Tome leading the way for Japan's revival as a nation. I just wish that the story of that revival was more about atoning for past wrongs done, instead of being resentful of past wrongs endured.

At least she is still playing baseball. :D
Thank you for the 2 chapter update Akito_Z!

Would be waiting patiently for the next one. :D

Isn't plural for candy "candies"?

Normally yes but "the Candys" is a name in this case.

Isn't plural for candy "candies"?

Not to give away too much but baseball will still be played. 

You're most welcome :)

*manly tears*

Tome! You did great!

You made me proud on how you grow up to be a fine woman!

Thank you for the update! Akito_Z. :D

• F13 likes this

wow that was unexpected...

yeah they had choppers around then, in the korean war during the 50s they used them as medivacs

no no just wait a second... transport helicopters in japan in 1949?

This was surprising. Thanks a lot for the update.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics