Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.47 - 373votes)

Gantz

Alt Names: alt กันสึalt ガンツalt 간츠alt 杀戮都市alt جانتز
Author: Oku Hiroya
Artist: Oku Hiroya
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaEcchi EcchiHorror HorrorPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Somewhere in Tokyo, there is a room. In that room is a black sphere. Periodically, people who should otherwise have died are transferred to the room. There, the sphere gives them special suits and weapons, and sends them out on a mission to kill aliens here on Earth. While these missions take place, the rest of the world is largely oblivious to them. These missions are lethal--few participants survive them. The sphere calls the shots, and it's not the slightest bit nice. Its name... Gantz.

============Notice================
COMIC LOCKED due to adult content.
==========Notice End===============
Go to Gantz Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic okay New Window xmaxrex
  • 0 Replies
Topic The ending was in one word... New Window shox90
  • 8 Replies
Topic Current Chapter Discussion (Spoilers) New Window Chore Boy
  • 154 Replies
Topic Gantz better or worse New Window Secros Matias Supreme
  • 2 Replies
Topic So Batoto will not carry Gantz any more. New Window alcaray
  • 21 Replies
Topic Gantz It's A Hard Start, A Noob's Interpretation Of Getting Started: For Beginners New Window Reminiscent Cheeseburger
  • 6 Replies

620 Comments

I'm losing more and more braincells with a new chapter. I just can't understand what's what... O_O
caught up to gantz and The World God Only knows from chapter 1 till end in just 3 days total 0.0
I always liked the first blonde girl the most....but yeah, they're definitely disposable in this manga =/
The ponytail girl seemed too much like angelina jolie to me. I didn't really like how she didn't seem enough like laura croft in this manga. I hope Sakurai's hallucinations become full-fledged multiple personalities.
I was disappointed when the pony-tailed girl died (when they basically all got wiped out by Buddha.), because she had a lot of potential. I'm just as disappointed that Reika's dead.
I like a little romance even in hardcore dark manga. If Tae dies, I'll probably drop this. The females in this manga are starting to look disposable and that bothers me.
man this really sucks for Cherry

and nothing can become as strange as Air Gear, i have no idea what is happening in it anymore
all i do is read it, listen to Chain from Back-on and try to enjoy it
fuck comprehension
Cherry has seen a new light on the Dark side of the Force.

inb4 Darth Cherry.
chap. 360 just shattered my dreams of seeing reika-chan fighting alongside kurono and the others. darn you! chap. 360!!
ah air gear is nowehre near gantz level even when gantz had the hunting arcs anyways ikki is pure garbage, I always though kazu would of made a better main character for the series. Anyhow on topic this arc is coming to a end i think cherry is going to die since he's been over using that psychic ability.
I almost cringe when I see this manga has been updated, and read it purely out of obligation

Basically turning into Air Gear for me, started off well then just fell apart. Ok it's nowhere as bad as Air Gear, but I don't enjoy it much anymore, I'll take a few weeks off.
What!? Reiko chan died? The celebrity girl!? Sorry I stopped reading this when I reached 280+ chapters 'cos it was not updated so I don't know what's happening anymore.
...I was reading Gantz and then...well I don't really know what is this anymore, it may be epic as hell and I may love that but...I think it went in another direction to original concept.
So I'll wait for the Deus Ex Machina ending.
the dead ones are gonna show up again huh.. i wish reika would show up too, shes such a hot piece of ass (acc. to castiel).
someone is gonna be pissed
Why do I feel like Sakurai is going to end up like that psycho-final boss in the anime?
@S.C. ~ That works. ;)

I guess I only have one complaint. During a highly emotional scene...does the author have to draw them with so much snot all the time? XP
not to mention that reika was a hot piece of ass ...hahah
well .. i just hope they find a way to revive reika. seriously, if not then just kill kurono #2, i mean, you can´t have two versions of the same guy, both of them being badasses, leaders, only to have one of their love interest/girldfriend killed...
Just finished reading chapter 350, and still enjoying it. ;) Though for some odd reason, I keep hearing the "Klendathu Drop" music track from Starship Troopers during the fight scenes. ;D
They brought it down on themselves...
http://vatoto.com/read/_/85906/gantz_v34_ch358_by_utopia/19

That sounded like the move The End Of Evangelion ;)
That white girl was staring at Kaze a bit there. Hm... pairing?

@nolonar: Really? Are you going to put a "translator's note: kuro=black" too? No, actually, don't think about that--it's sarcasm. Kurono is written 玄野, not black. So all I can do at your "shirono" suggestion, while you make the same mistake that you say is wrong, is facepalm.
I agree with cripes, I used to love this manga now i just read because i've gotten so far but honestly i don't really like how the storyline is progressing anymore.
@askmeabout
This was directed at me I presume.
Just to be clear, I never once mentioned I like Tae in particular.
It`s just that the super popular bishoujo-main-heroine-type is kinda overused.
That really doesn`t mean I like plain types in general. But on the other hand I don`t hate them either.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics