Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 189votes)

(Not) a Househusband

Alt Names: alt Omoni Otto
Author: Yamazaki Satoshi
Artist: Yamazaki Satoshi
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyOneshot OneshotSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Sugiri Yukio is a mangaka. To be precise, he hasn't won a prize, his work hasn't been published, nor has he had any experience being an assistant. He's a complete newbie. Thus, at the moment, he just spends his days as a househusband! A two-part oneshot of his daily life and interactions.
Go to (Not) a Househusband Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

27 Comments

Time-limited sale... I saw the lady stretching and had Ben-To flashbacks. I miss that show. That it did not get a second season(and the books were never translated) is a crime against humanity.

Those dusty figurines... they couldn’t be from “Pacific Rim”, could they?

Alert! Fanboy systems activated!

Left mech is DEFINITELY Cherno Alpha. Head is distinct enough to be unquestionable(though those hips are VERY questionable).

The middle one is  PROBABLY  Gipsy Danger(though I think they Gipsy Avenger snuck into the reference material). The right is too obscured to make a call, so I assume it is Striker Eureka, then ignore common sense, discard that conclusion, and gleefully declare it to be Coyote Tango.

Given some time, I could probably name the two kaiju, but they elude me at present. Definitely not Knifehead.

But yeah, the entire shelf is absolutely (bootleg) Pacific Rim merch.

it's fun but kinda depressing how much he denies being a housewife

Meh... 6 out of 10...  okay but not great.  Definately would read a series if it was out there, but not first choice.

He'd be better off drawing a manga about his life as a non-house husband...  LOL.

Spoiler

I can say with certainty I've read something just like this before. with manga-ka theme and all.

It's pretty funny at its own... not a best seller but somehow a bit funny

who didn't put 5 star?!! (there were 40 votes when I got here and all 5)

Someone likes dirt

>Tfw you're a shounen protagonist but fate has other plans for you so your hotblooded story and adventure is really more of a part time job

So he's a failing manga author like in Imouto sae Ireba il?

And he probably wears panty ribbons too.

Meh... 6 out of 10...  okay but not great.  Definately would read a series if it was out there, but not first choice.

He'd be better off drawing a manga about his life as a non-house husband...  LOL.

suddenly a mangaka moves in next door

and she suddenly needs help... and he ends up not just helping as an assistant but cleaning... and she gets the hots for him...

then add in another couple female assistants and we have a mini harem adn the wife as the working out of home breadwinner who starts worrying and spying cause of her co-workes

then around c100, we find out one of his wifes co-workers's wives are a member of that mangaka's assistance staff.. and the stories btween THOSE two are 'suggestive'

hinting he's more of a house husband for the mangaka...

I think I just hit the broad side of a barn with dart board ideas... LOL

oh wait, thats something close to 60%+ of other manga...

So he's a failing manga author like in Imouto sae Ireba il?

Those dusty figurines... they couldn’t be from “Pacific Rim”, could they?

Can't wait for the tournament arc where they go to Walmart.

The logical conclusion is to first have a training arc. After getting rkt'ed that hard we need at least a minimum 2 chapter training montage.

I want this to be a series.

He seems like the ideal kind of wife mmm...

This concept is so good, I hope it gets resurrected for serialization.  So much potential for amazing comedy.

My God, I didn't know how good a housewife/husband rivalry can be lmao

Can't wait for the tournament arc where they go to Walmart.

who didn't put 5 star?!! (there were 40 votes when I got here and all 5)

He could just write his life story and it'll sell... wait.

And it ended just when the rivalry with Saigusa-san started, this needs more chapters

See, Hachiman, there's nothing good about being a househusband

he needs to show this to his sister and to yukino or irohassu

damn it this is 5star!!!

Why is this not longer?

Same. I really want more. This is awesome. 

I agree! This was something totally different. It did not look like a story that was done being told. What with a new rival introduced at the end and all.

Hoping this turns into something more one day

Same. I really want more. This is awesome. 

See, Hachiman, there's nothing good about being a househusband

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics