Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.59 - 17votes)

The Witch's Hammer - Malleus Maleficarum

Alt Names: alt Palu sang Penyihir
Author: Miyamarun
Artist: Miyamarun
Genres: Adventure AdventureFantasy FantasyHorror HorrorTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The chivalrous thief Chloe spends her days and nights acting on behalf of those in need, resulting in her being seen as the hero of the poor, but Chloe herself feels guilty thinking of how a mere thief like her is regarded so highly. However, meeting the witch named Meifa will change her fate.

https://www.alphapolis.co.jp/manga/official/798000187
Go to The Witch's Hammer - Malleus Maleficarum Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

32 Comments

That escalated quickly.

I thought she was evil, but it turns out she's just an unstable psycho like a feral animal who never received love.

Good, good author.

This is amazing... Best manga I've read in a while.

Well, its just chapter 3 and i think she aint gonna stop just like that. Im just talking bout the broader details and not a 1:1 representation lol... the fact that shes aint gonna stop until chloe's hers. The one that gave her kindness. (Iirc, tho ibitsu isnt necesarily kindness but the mere talking to her activates it)

then that's really broad ... this feels more like the village is going to be wreck and there's probably gonna be some more psycho witches in the future.

Ibitsu was more like an american horror story, almost everyone is killed, the killer is almost supernatural and unstoppable, at least this witch was kinda stopped and the police actually notices her existence.

Well, its just chapter 3 and i think she aint gonna stop just like that.

Im just talking bout the broader details and not a 1:1 representation lol... the fact that shes aint gonna stop until chloe's hers. The one that gave her kindness. (Iirc, tho ibitsu isnt necesarily kindness but the mere talking to her activates it)

This is interesting... if it turned out like ibitsu this would be fun. Yandere witch on your trail.

Ibitsu was more like an american horror story, almost everyone is killed, the killer is almost supernatural and unstoppable, at least this witch was kinda stopped and the police actually notices her existence.

hmmmmm ... a manga based on a lie fabricated by a christian priest back in the 1400's ... I can safely skip this one

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malleus_Maleficarum

Wrong database. For all your occultic needs, check...

Wicca Pedia!

...I'm sorry.

wow that witch looks pretty ominous, pretty good series.

Maybe the biggest irony in witch lore is that witch hunters are now believed to have been primarily Catholics. In fact, the profession was largely started in Protestant states. 

glad that I found this, summarize the irony

damn-catholics-they-ruined-catholicism.j

To be more precise, the Inquisition, like the name suggests, was primarily a Church effort to restore doctrinal integrity throughout Christendom. It was inwardly-pointed and this is reflected in the formal name of the Inquisitorial organization: Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith.

Contrary to popular belief today, the target of the Inquisition was originally priests who were believed to be deviating from official doctrine, which led to things like the execution (or martyrdom, depending on which side you're on) of Jan Hus. Hus was not the only victim of the original Inquisition, but he was the most famous due to the aftereffects. Ironically, the Church created the movement because they believed this to be a more humane and peaceful solution than, say, declaring crusades against heretics.

The Spanish Inquisition, which is the template for what we now consider to be an Inquisition, was a special case triggered by the Spanish rulers and targeted at Jewish converts into Catholicism. The accusation of infidelity is different in essence from what we now understand to be the meaning of "infidel" (people claiming to worship the same God but from a different religious background). Back then, infidelity meant being Catholic while secretly practicing traditional Jewish religious customs. Some Judaic Christians (or Nazorni or Nazarenes) - the prototype of what we now call Messianic Judaism - who practiced Christianity while staying true to the Torah also got caught in the crossfire when the Inquisition reached the Mediterranean islands. 

The idea of the Inquisition starting witch hunts is based on a misunderstanding of the original purpose of witch trials as performed by Catholic officials, which was to publicly EXONERATE those accused of witchcraft. The trials were conducted in response to actual witch hunts triggered by public hysteria, which the Church saw as undermining their authority as dispensers of spiritual justice. Actual records by civil courts of the witch trials largely support this account, with the vast majority of "witches" actually let go after the trials, perhaps with some form of penance or sanction for behavior considered unbecoming. That said, accounts of cases where the trials failed to exonerate the accused seem to indicate that some Inquisitors did believe witches were real and were willing to dish out the ultimate punishment on those they failed to disprove as "witches". Ignorance is only part of the story, though, since the most famous witch-burning incident was a politically-motivated public murder and we now know the victim as SAINT Joan of Arc, protector of France. It's hard to believe that this was an isolated case, and many others may have fallen victim to the greedy machinations of corrupt clergy. 

Maybe the biggest irony in witch lore is that witch hunters are now believed to have been primarily Catholics. In fact, the profession was largely started in Protestant states. 

despite knowing all this intellectually, I can't think about the Spanish Inquisition without smile on my face, DAMN YOU MONTY PTHYON!!!!, lol. also like you said church sanctioned (or at least they didn't object to being associated with) executions weren't rare, the fri. the 13th myth stems from the church assisted executions of the Knights Templar in france....

hmmmmm ... a manga based on a lie fabricated by a christian priest back in the 1400's ... I can safely skip this one

By that logic you should ignore every single mention of the Ragnarok.

While Catholicism played a huge role in witch hunts, the Inquisitions of Europe actually ignored witchcraft for the most part. They were more interested in persecuting infidels. 

IIRC the Spanish Inquisition in particular condemned the Malleus, deeming it to be nonsense.

To be more precise, the Inquisition, like the name suggests, was primarily a Church effort to restore doctrinal integrity throughout Christendom. It was inwardly-pointed and this is reflected in the formal name of the Inquisitorial organization: Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith.

Contrary to popular belief today, the target of the Inquisition was originally priests who were believed to be deviating from official doctrine, which led to things like the execution (or martyrdom, depending on which side you're on) of Jan Hus. Hus was not the only victim of the original Inquisition, but he was the most famous due to the aftereffects. Ironically, the Church created the movement because they believed this to be a more humane and peaceful solution than, say, declaring crusades against heretics.

The Spanish Inquisition, which is the template for what we now consider to be an Inquisition, was a special case triggered by the Spanish rulers and targeted at Jewish converts into Catholicism. The accusation of infidelity is different in essence from what we now understand to be the meaning of "infidel" (people claiming to worship the same God but from a different religious background). Back then, infidelity meant being Catholic while secretly practicing traditional Jewish religious customs. Some Judaic Christians (or Nazorni or Nazarenes) - the prototype of what we now call Messianic Judaism - who practiced Christianity while staying true to the Torah also got caught in the crossfire when the Inquisition reached the Mediterranean islands. 

The idea of the Inquisition starting witch hunts is based on a misunderstanding of the original purpose of witch trials as performed by Catholic officials, which was to publicly EXONERATE those accused of witchcraft. The trials were conducted in response to actual witch hunts triggered by public hysteria, which the Church saw as undermining their authority as dispensers of spiritual justice. Actual records by civil courts of the witch trials largely support this account, with the vast majority of "witches" actually let go after the trials, perhaps with some form of penance or sanction for behavior considered unbecoming. That said, accounts of cases where the trials failed to exonerate the accused seem to indicate that some Inquisitors did believe witches were real and were willing to dish out the ultimate punishment on those they failed to disprove as "witches". Ignorance is only part of the story, though, since the most famous witch-burning incident was a politically-motivated public murder and we now know the victim as SAINT Joan of Arc, protector of France. It's hard to believe that this was an isolated case, and many others may have fallen victim to the greedy machinations of corrupt clergy. 

now this id yandere godlike

that yandere is over 1000+

Yes that doccument gave instructions on how the Inquisition (not just the Spanish one) should search and test for witchcraft. 

While Catholicism played a huge role in witch hunts, the Inquisitions of Europe actually ignored witchcraft for the most part. They were more interested in persecuting infidels. 

IIRC the Spanish Inquisition in particular condemned the Malleus, deeming it to be nonsense.

New fapp material? i'm in!

Man, what is with people who start nonsense in the comments?

Ever heard about something called... FICTION!?

You can write about anything in fiction, even stuff that didn't happen.

Damn right.

Yes that doccument gave instructions on how the Inquisition (not just the Spanish one) should search and test for witchcraft. 

You only have to look in the Bible or Quran (predates the 14th century by hundeds of years) on what is said about witchcraft and it is not pretty. You right about the lie but witchhunts and killings are still happening today although fortunately not in Westernised societies but let the Fundamentalists gain power and its back to the "good old days".

They're probably mad about the poor representation of witches, who tend to be a fairly friendly sort.

This is interesting... if it turned out like ibitsu this would be fun. Yandere witch on your trail.

hmmmmm ... a manga based on a lie fabricated by a christian priest back in the 1400's ... I can safely skip this one https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malleus_Maleficarum

The witch hammer book isnt a story at all... its mostly about witches and how the church see them and deal with them.

Eitherway, such logic only makes you an ass and not the intelligent and rightheous person you think you are...

You are just Judging the book by its cover.. youre no different from those priests that burned "witches"

Ever heard about something called... FICTION!?

You can write about anything in fiction, even stuff that didn't happen.

You are aware that sharing the title doesn't mean it's going to be a retelling of that, right?

It can be, but it's not guaranteed.

See Seven Deadly Sins (the manga, not the ones listed in bible or wherever it was)

Or just about every Hollywood 'adaptation' of various JP stories (Ghost in the Shell, Dragon Ball, etc)

I didn't expect this.

I'm glad I read it.

well technically you could say that any manga based on any mythology is a lie, but there a lot of mangas out there based on silly obvious lies that just so happen to be pretty good, if you want to read things that make sense or are based on truths you gonna heavily cripple the number of mangas you can enjoy, give it a shot its not that bad

So, I guess the manga is named that way because we're supposed to be siding with the Malleus this time?

Well, count me out, I'm not endorsing any inquisitions no matter how creepy you make out the witch to be.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics