Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.82 - 417votes)

Three Days of Happiness

Alt Names: alt 寿命を買い取ってもらった。一年につき、一万円で。alt Üç Günlük Mutlulukalt 수명을 팔았다. 1년당, 1만엔에alt Jumyou o Kaitotte Moratta. Ichinen ni Tsuki, Ichimanen de.alt Mikkakan no Koufukualt senege mek telung dinoalt Tres Dias de Felicidadalt 我用一年一万日元卖掉寿命
Author: Miaki Sugaru
Artist: Taguchi Shouichi
Genres: Drama DramaPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A twenty-year-old with little hope for the future discovers a shop that buys lifespan, time, and health. This is a story dealing with the ensuing consequences.
Go to Three Days of Happiness Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

116 Comments

What I also find ironic about this is that you could work a minimum wage job for 3 months and get the exact same amount of money, 300,000 yen. And he only has 3 months left to live.

"Three months is simply too short a time to change anything."

Dude, a woman built a company worth $1.5 million in 30 days and made it onto Shark Tank and got a deal

Also I changed my suicidal thoughts and depression into undying success in 2 months.

This manga made me laugh, considering the shit I've gone through, this can't push me that far down. It's never too late to change something.

Did you actually read the ending? Because if so, you've completely missed the point

"Three months is simply too short a time to change anything."

Dude, a woman built a company worth $1.5 million in 30 days and made it onto Shark Tank and got a deal

Also I changed my suicidal thoughts and depression into undying success in 2 months.

This manga made me laugh, considering the shit I've gone through, this can't push me that far down. It's never too late to change something.

This series hit hard for me.

It's that tender spot that very few series hit.

I'd fucking cry if this was animated/listening to these characters talk.

Why do I torture myself with these kind of stories. Nevertheless, this was worth the read, it wasn't as sad as I thought but the concept itself was very realistic, the characters emotions, everything. 

This was really good. Would definitely buy the book if it comes out in English.  

Ended pretty smoothly, now i have feels QQ.

Finally uploaded all the chapters, I am really glad that this manga got the attention that it deserved. If you are interested to read more of Miaki Sugaru's works, you can do it here Azure and Claude.

Thanks for reading Three Days of Happiness.

waw this is actually getting better shouldnt be too pleased i know how it'll end QQ

Read the last 2 chapters with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnk2-Jctg6A

Or the whole series for that matter.

It might be a good story.. But i can't help but hate this kind of shut-in depressed loner guy.. Like.. he was sort of money, sort of food.. and yet what he do is just goofing around.. This kind of guy, just thinking of himself, think that he was smart and other people around him are stupid.. and yet he didn't accomplish anything.. Think that he don't mind being alone, but actually don't want to be alone.. And yet he didn't do anything.. There's many people out there who born with health problem, with cancer, and yet they still want to live and surviving.. And This guy waste his health body, waste his parent hardwork and giving up his live??

Your argument is sound, but the stuff you're describing is not exclusive to a "depressed loner".

Humans are inherently selfish (and nothing is wrong with that), the things that we do can be routed back to our own survival and well-being. We help people because helping others can bring joy. We love others because being loved back gives us comfort.

And this often results in hypocrisy. When we drive we often thought that "other people can't drive properly" or thought that guy that took you parking spot was an "asshole" ,without realizing other people might think the same way about us. When thought that others are being unhealthy, we often forgot that we have a habit that may be unhealthy (and yes being a vegetarian/vegan doesn't mean your instantly healthy. Unhealthy vegetarian/vegan food exists).

It is fine to be emotional with people that suffers from depression. I know i often get angry when i had to deal with my brother's depression relapse, or my friend's suicidal tendencies (don't worry he's fine now). But you need to understand that the only difference between people who suffers depression and people who doesn't is motivation (at least from what i observed and i can be totally wrong). When we are faced with things that are troublesome or something that they don't like. We often became lazy and cranky, but we muster up any motivation we have to do it. People who suffers depression don't have these motivations (well-being, family, etc) or at least they think they don't have them. 

It might be a good story.. But i can't help but hate this kind of shut-in depressed loner guy.. Like.. he was sort of money, sort of food.. and yet what he do is just goofing around.. This kind of guy, just thinking of himself, think that he was smart and other people around him are stupid.. and yet he didn't accomplish anything.. Think that he don't mind being alone, but actually don't want to be alone.. And yet he didn't do anything.. There's many people out there who born with health problem, with cancer, and yet they still want to live and surviving.. And This guy waste his health body, waste his parent hardwork and giving up his live??

Spoiler

As i read this i see why the pillows disc was there, a lot of the lyrics of that album really hit hard with this story.

Spoiler

With how torn up he is without her, it makes sense how torn up she was without him.

Yeah, that's very true. It was put quite clearly in Kusunoki's letter from the time capsule:
"Because Himeno's hopeless without me, and I'm hopeless without Himeno."

And it is also elaborated upon in chapter 11 of both manga and novel. The relevant chapter is not at Batoto yet, so I'm putting it into spoiler.
Spoiler

Oh god, this was amazing. Easy 10/10 for me

Not gonna lie the childhood friend revelation hit me like a truck.

With how torn up he is without her, it makes sense how torn up she was without him. There's always two sides to things, that's what was conveyed by both old friend interactions. Demonstrations and reminders of the two way street of relationships and difference in perception, perspective, reaction and circumstance.

Unfortunately that is what depression is. You are speaking from a point of view as someone who doesn't understand why someone would want to die and you simply can't comprehend because you have never been there.

After finally cured from depression a long years ago I can't really being sympathetic with these kind of depressed people though. The problem with mind is your fault alone and the one who can cure it is yourself. I kinda learn it the hard way. Funnily I could see myself end up like the the future of this protagonist story if I never recover. Nice to remember I still have things I want to do and still smiling though.

Unfortunately that is what depression is. You are speaking from a point of view as someone who doesn't understand why someone would want to die and you simply can't comprehend because you have never been there.

I've always had a thing for short stories. This just hit the sweet spot for me. Aside from the vagueness of the lifespan exchanging business, it was a really good story. The characters were relatable, and the storytelling was anything but subpar, although maybe it was also from the translation quality, the monologues really came out well in english. I really liked the protagonist, Kusunoki, while he has a very cynical and bleak outlook on life, he doesn't come off as annoyingly edgy, probably because he has a very self depreciating way of seeing himself, this is apparent when he interacts with the other characters. But what I really liked were the narrations from his monologues, we get to see his inner dialogues change little by little, until it starts to look like he's finding some semblance of meaning in life. Then there's Miyagi, who I thought was just a background character. I couldn't have been more wrong. Just like Kusunoki, we get to see her character develop along the story. She starts off as mysterious, and somewhat cold character, and so I initially thought that she's just there to act like a sounding board to Kusunoki's soliloquies, it didn't help that she wasn't really portrayed as the heoine. But she turned out to be an important character, growing literally more and more human as we get get along into the story up until their final three days. I've already rambled too much here, but I basically just want to say that I really liked this story, along with the endearing characters and the melancholic atmosphere from the storytelling.

If you've ever been depressed you'd know what he was going through or what the author tried to deliver... Depression gets you down man some people find ways to cope and a lot more others just sink into it.

That's exactly what depression does to you. You can't just "shake it off" and roll with the punches as easily as most people since your state of mind will always pull you down despite having good living arrangements.

I've read this when the guy posted in 2chan, read it when it got a novel and now a manga

never thought it'd get this far, he deserves it. Miaki always wrote stories in an unique way

I've always had a thing for short stories. This just hit the sweet spot for me. Aside from the vagueness of the lifespan exchanging business, it was a really good story. The characters were relatable, and the storytelling was anything but subpar, although maybe it was also from the translation quality, the monologues really came out well in english. I really liked the protagonist, Kusunoki, while he has a very cynical and bleak outlook on life, he doesn't come off as annoyingly edgy, probably because he has a very self depreciating way of seeing himself, this is apparent when he interacts with the other characters. But what I really liked were the narrations from his monologues, we get to see his inner dialogues change little by little, until it starts to look like he's finding some semblance of meaning in life. Then there's Miyagi, who I thought was just a background character. I couldn't have been more wrong. Just like Kusunoki, we get to see her character develop along the story. She starts off as mysterious, and somewhat cold character, and so I initially thought that she's just there to act like a sounding board to Kusunoki's soliloquies, it didn't help that she wasn't really portrayed as the heoine. But she turned out to be an important character, growing literally more and more human as we get get along into the story up until their final three days. I've already rambled too much here, but I basically just want to say that I really liked this story, along with the endearing characters and the melancholic atmosphere from the storytelling.

Not gonna lie the childhood friend revelation hit me like a truck.

I cant believe at the end i have a smile on my face. I'm sure that even if their time together was short they won't regret a thing, for once in their lives they are happy together and really found each other. Beautiful story.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics