Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.82 - 417votes)

Three Days of Happiness

Alt Names: alt 寿命を買い取ってもらった。一年につき、一万円で。alt Üç Günlük Mutlulukalt 수명을 팔았다. 1년당, 1만엔에alt Jumyou o Kaitotte Moratta. Ichinen ni Tsuki, Ichimanen de.alt Mikkakan no Koufukualt senege mek telung dinoalt Tres Dias de Felicidadalt 我用一年一万日元卖掉寿命
Author: Miaki Sugaru
Artist: Taguchi Shouichi
Genres: Drama DramaPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A twenty-year-old with little hope for the future discovers a shop that buys lifespan, time, and health. This is a story dealing with the ensuing consequences.
Go to Three Days of Happiness Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

116 Comments

A man shed tears due to this series... This really is a hell of a series, a masterpiece. My thanks for the author n scanslators for bringing this to us.

[Question with spoilers from chapter 5]

Spoiler

[Question with spoilers from chapter 5]

Spoiler

I'm 5 chapters in, tyvm

should've been obvious since the first line lmao

So, you were judging the series as a whole on the first five chapters? That's not really an excuse, especially how you seem to be trying to brag about something there. 

Wow.. I didn't expect that my comment got so many respond..

As an adult, i hate kids that think this kind of depressed loner guy are cool.. Or "oh, this is so like me" and proud of it..
I just want to point it out, that.. this guy is a bad example kid, don't be like him, but you can still learn something from his mistakes.. That's why i call it good story..

Spoiler

Spoiler

I'm not saying all of this because I'm trying to be hurtful, insulting, or trying to start an argument, but you're being incredibly insensitive to those that have really suffered from depression, especially those with no real way out. 

Yeah, i can really relate with this MC.

One of his main problem was a false pride that he was better than anyone just because he had good grades in elementary school.

That's why he never considered the need to improve, hard work, or even socialize with 'lesser beings'. 

But sooner or later, the hard worker and the really talented one will score better grades than MC in school. But due to his false pride, he probably thought "If i'm being serious i can get better than them" even though he'll never do it. This went on and on until he was left in the dust. 

In the end what we got was a good-for-nothing guy who thinks too highly of himself. One who kept making excuses everytime he failed, or hid his feeling of inferiority by acting nihilistic just because his pride couldn't take it.

Fuck, now i'm just projecting my own life.

So thats why the manga is titled Three Days of Happiness. 

The secret of life is to understand each other. Understand others and make others understand you. How? express and communicate properly. Understanding is required before people can "care", "help" and "love" with others.

Remember this theory of mine. You'll not only see this pattern on fictions like drama, manga, anime, and movies, but also in your real life, families, lover, friends, and colleagues.

As an adult, i hate kids that think this kind of depressed loner guy are cool.. Or "oh, this is so like me" and proud of it..
I just want to point it out, that.. this guy is a bad example kid, don't be like him, but you can still learn something from his mistakes.. That's why i call it good story..

Spoiler

Really? I never really saw him that suicidal or super depressed. Just kind of nihilistic about everything. I saw him having hope at all times.

That's why many people seem to relate to him. Many of us tend to be nihilistic during hardship. 

Not a fan of the ending..

Spoiler

I actually think you're more sentimental than our MC's are.

Spoiler

f@*(*@!....dem feels....noooo.....my feeling is in confused...i'm sad and happy for them at the same times....

I am here happy and sad from all of this. I want to read the Novel but I shouldn't put myself through such abuse.

The manga is pretty faithful to the original novel, for the most part. So reading it right now, while the story is still fresh in your memory is probably not the best choice.

However, Three Days of Happiness is not the only novel this author has wrote and you can check his other works. See his page at MangaUpdates for more info about them.

I am here happy and sad from all of this. I want to read the Novel but I shouldn't put myself through such abuse.

I really wish we got a little more insight into the childhood friend's life leading up to that point --

Spoiler

Spoiler
Don't know why I read this all at 4 in the morning. Now I'm just fucked and sad/happy. Fuck

i really miss reading these type of mangas. This series really deserves to be more popular than some generic isekai harem bullshit.   

Spoiler

Completely agree with your spoiler, now THAT is a bad message T:

I don't think that was the moral of this story though. I think the key to this ending is that for him 

Spoiler
And for others, eternity is worth it, and even others the unknown possibilities of 30 years is worth it. It's a matter of values I suppose.

Spoiler

I really wish we got a little more insight into the childhood friend's life leading up to that point --

Spoiler

It's just a story, that might make you cry, not a moral decision. True Romance (the film) is a great example

I'm 5 chapters in, tyvm

You must be a really nice person irl.

Spoiler

Another really, really nice person irl.

Guys, this is a manga.

"Three months is simply too short a time to change anything."

Dude, a woman built a company worth $1.5 million in 30 days and made it onto Shark Tank and got a deal

Also I changed my suicidal thoughts and depression into undying success in 2 months.

This manga made me laugh, considering the shit I've gone through, this can't push me that far down. It's never too late to change something.

Good for you. Want a medal? Smh

Sure you can change things. Sure it's never too late. But also it varies person to person, place to place, which should be obvious to you, if you been trough real hardship. You sound very condecending.

Moreover, i think you highly misunderstood our Mr.Kusonki here. I actually didn't feel THAT much depression from him, I think he deep down he seemed to have some sort of hope for himself. His view on the world was just very nihilistic. 

Spoiler

I wonder.. if time is just another perception of ours?

Well, that was cute.

I feel like I predicted 80% of the plot, though. It's not like it wasn't laid out for the reader to see. I feel like I just read a doujin about this, hmm....

Eh, I can't say I'm good at seeing points or purposes of stories. The point in Kimi no na Wa completely went over my head, I took out more and more unique things from it than anyone else.

Did you actually read the ending? Because if so, you've completely missed the point

I'm 5 chapters in, tyvm

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics