Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.5 - 105votes)

Isekai Ryouridou

Alt Names: alt Cooking in Another Worldalt Cooking With Wild Gamealt 異世界料理道alt Different World Cuisine
Author: Eda
Artist: Kochimo
Genres: Adventure AdventureComedy ComedyCooking CookingDrama DramaFantasy FantasyRomance RomanceSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Main protagonist is Tsurumi Asuta. 17 yrs old, 2nd year high schooler.

He was working as an apprentice cook at [Tsurumi-ya], managed by his father.

One day a fire broke out in [Tsurumi-ya], for the sake of his father’s cherished knife [Santoku Houchou – the japanese kind] he ran back inside to retrieve it and thus met his end. Before he knew it he awoke to an unknown environment. He was then attacked by a beast resembling a boar but a girl named ‘Ai=Fa’ from the [People of Morihen] saved him. It was then that he realized he was really in different world…
Go to Isekai Ryouridou Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

87 Comments

That has to be the dumbest reasoning to hate isekai that I've ever read. You may as well hate every story that features more than one continent, or more than one neighborhood. "They're not even from here." Seriously? The authors care enough about the worlds they create that they introduce people from other worlds to give us that dilemma of wanting to go back home but also wanting to stay because the world they're in now has just as much, if not more, to offer. To put things in perspective, though, if you hate isekai so much then why are you here?

I wonder what whoever wrote that idiotic comment thinks about the Narnia books.

They didn't care enough about their world to give us a protagonist who's native to it: they had to have a protagonist from our world.

That has to be the dumbest reasoning to hate isekai that I've ever read. You may as well hate every story that features more than one continent, or more than one neighborhood. "They're not even from here." Seriously? The authors care enough about the worlds they create that they introduce people from other worlds to give us that dilemma of wanting to go back home but also wanting to stay because the world they're in now has just as much, if not more, to offer. To put things in perspective, though, if you hate isekai so much then why are you here?

Wow, she’s so cool! Even as a woman myself I think so. Her hairstyle is really pretty too. ;)

Just another manga about cooking monsters BUT THIS TIME IT'S ISEKAI.

Even Re:Zero's writer?

Even Konosuba??

That idea isn't new though, look at Isekai Shokodou or Tondemo Skill de Isekai Hourou Meshi, cooking is the main focus in those too.

Or Nobunaga no chef for something with a more mature main character.

Another reincarnation manga with a twist - cooking.Damn i hope this is one is enjoyable

There will always be that one person who will be salty about isekai. Maybe its actually not about isekai at all where that saltiness is directed at.

They didn't care enough about their world to give us a protagonist who's native to it: they had to have a protagonist from our world. If they don't care enough to do a good job, why should we care enough to read their work?

They also usually flatter their audience for living in a more enlightened society than the fantasy one—a society that would have to acquit forty times as many suspects to be as lenient as the Spanish Inquisition. (Japan's conviction rate is 98%. I don't care how good your police and courts are, that's impossible. That's like when your leader wins 100% of the vote.)

Isekai that focus on cooking? About dang time.

In other Isekais the cooking part usually just some kind of side-entertainment and fillers.

That idea isn't new though, look at Isekai Shokodou or Tondemo Skill de Isekai Hourou Meshi, cooking is the main focus in those too.

Photographic evidence of truck-kun's hardly seen second form:

200px-Robosaurus_fire.jpg

This is his final form.

Soma in another world?

Isekai that focus on cooking? About dang time.

In other Isekais the cooking part usually just some kind of side-entertainment and fillers.

Anyone who writes isekai should be given a chance to experience it for themselves. In a garbage fire. Conveniently, any fire with an isekai writer in it IS a garbage fire.

There will always be that one person who will be salty about isekai. Maybe its actually not about isekai at all where that saltiness is directed at.
The translation for the LN ofthis stopped so a manga is good enough

Anyone who writes isekai should be given a chance to experience it for themselves. In a garbage fire. Conveniently, any fire with an isekai writer in it IS a garbage fire.

Even Re:Zero's writer?

In this setting, i sucks for the people he leaves in the former world... specially the father will lose the restaurant,  the knife and the son.

Truck-san service is usually better.

Feel bad for the dad, he lost everything: house/restaurant, prided knife, his only son, and probably property itself as well to the perpetrators who wanted their land, on top of being run over crippling his leg via truck. Most isekai stories don't show the people left behind, but this may be the closest to the worst day a person can experience, 2nd only to if he was also being cuckolded before committing suicide out of depression--which I wouldn't doubt is a possibility of happening on the other side given what the dad just went through. And the dad a was also directly responsible for his son's death too as he made him go back for the knife in a fire; that shit will weigh on a person forever.

The childhood friend-like character is also short one friend (and potential love interest too)...but at least Asuta now has a hot tanned woman he can impress and woo with his cooking in another world after his apparent death.

Damnit dad

Truck-san failed to bring the father. so he burned his house and brought his son instead.

So what you're telling me is truck-san never takes no for an answer... He will always find a way?
To sum UP : Shokugeki no Souma in Isekai Fantasy, without foodgasm

Nice going dad. Now your son missing as well as the restaurant and the knife.

maaaan, when are they gonna manga-lize "Cook of the Mercenary Corps"?

Truck-san failed to bring the father. so he burned his house and brought his son instead.

Photographic evidence of truck-kun's hardly seen second form:

200px-Robosaurus_fire.jpg

Lht and isekai, name a more iconic duo.

A non harem isekai (hope so but well looking from the cover illustration there is already a "show me your pantsu" girl) where the magic comes only from the food without useless rpg-ish interfaces could be nice. Maybe a manga like Nobunaga no Chef but with a fantasy set-up instead of historical one could really please me

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics