Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (3.87 - 180votes)

Isekai desu ga Mamono Saibai shiteimasu.

Alt Names: alt 異世界ですが魔物栽培しています。alt In another world, however I'm planting monsters.alt It's a different world, but I'm cultivating monsters.
Author: Setsugetsuka
Artist: Konno Kuko
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHarem HaremRomance RomanceSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: One day, Kyouji Himuro hears a knock on his door. Opening it up, he finds that he is transported to another world.

But his new life is not good. He has no fighting skill, no money, and no way to make food. While dumpster diving, Kyouji discovers seeds and comes up with a plan to grow his own food. However, his plans change when he realizes that these seeds grow monsters...

Source: http://comic-walker.com/contents/detail/KDCW_MF00000040010000_68/
Go to Isekai desu ga Mamono Saibai shiteimasu. Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

163 Comments

The "Man" likely came from machine translation from the kanji for "person" which can also mean "man" in human. Still, the translation feels like there isn't much proofreading, some of the conversation flow is off.

That's a "man" they say?
Okay, then.
Looks like I'm gay now.

Spoiler

The story jumps between different things so fast. Its incoherent.

That's how many manga adaptations of LNs are. They're not focused on accuracy - they exist to advertise the books.

The story jumps between different things so fast. Its incoherent. 

The Dreaded Sea Monster, KAREN!

The "Man" likely came from machine translation from the kanji for "person" which can also mean "man" in human. Still, the translation feels like there isn't much proofreading, some of the conversation flow is off.

This is LH we're talking about. I don't think they have a native English speaking member in their group. If they do, then they sure as hell aren't doing translation, proofreading, or anything along those lines with their releases.

Either TL doesn't know the difference between the word "Man" and "Woman" or this character is a trap. Has boobs... but that doesn't mean much in manga.

Either TL doesn't know the difference between the word "Man" and "Woman" or this character is a trap. Has boobs... but that doesn't mean much in manga.

well.....

Chinese : Boiled her alive then skin her..

Japanese : Fillet her alive and serve her with miso soup..

or 

Muslims : Bleed her to death..to purify the meat and certified it as HALAL..

Dungeon Meshi : Choke her neck, Stuffed her mouth with full spices, Cut-off the leaves, and boil her alive with salt.

Who would fking eat such cute thing???

well.....

Chinese : Boiled her alive then skin her..

Japanese : Fillet her alive and serve her with miso soup..

or 

Muslims : Bleed her to death..to purify the meat and certified it as HALAL..

Is the cover art from the LN or the adaptation?

Class:farmer Sub-class:monster tamer.

Exactly what happened to my character in Elona. Also got a swordswoman ally* to hide my squishy ass behind in the early game.

(*Weeeelll, the game technically treats her as a pet...)

M×0 T_T

OMG i remembered the same plant girl in Mx0.... wow its been so long...

Lol how are they '..pretending you're some author penning the next Game of Thrones..?' Aren't they just normal people trying to survive and find success in a rapidly changing industry? Besides it's not like this trend is new. Whenever a story makes it big, other people are bound to write something similar to it. Not just in japan and not just with manga. I mean look at PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds or DOTA/LOL. They're successful games that started a huge trend. Even in manga, there were earlier trends like highschool trend that's still ongoing especially in romance shoujo. The demon inside trend that naruto is a part of. The power/skill/move trend that bleach is a part of. This isekai trend in manga is nothing new. There's bound to be shitty ones but i'd rather suffer through a thousand shitty ones if there's a chance that a hidden gem of a story gets penned. 

Can't say I understand why he chose to compare it to games of thrones of all things (although, that "spider-story", kumo desu ga I assume, he was talking about DOES become insanely political and complicated after a certain point (albeit it's still very enjoyable, to those who fear it'd tank the story)) -- but, 

But. I can understand the general gist of "Isekai is cancer".
To make a long story short, the trend you spoke of existed way before Isekais. Yes. But "what works" for web-novelists, is cheap quick-grabs with shallow stories, which can easily die off within 10 chapters or less.
Now, saturate the manga industry with a fuckton of cheap, shallow stories that all have the shelf-life of 10 chapters....And, welp. You'd get a lot of stagnation.

Now, I can't say how Isekais are going to fuck up the industry, or if at all, but I can get why people would have an issue with adapting low-quality stories into manga.
For the very least, I like these easy-to-grab, easy-to-dump stories. Can't really invest myself in anything more worthwhile these days. These quasi-game-fantasy stories also rub my itch to play D&D / RP, which I am too lazy to actually start doing.

The plague of isekai in shounen manga needs to end. It's a shit excuse to nab the "video game generation," and like you said, make a shit-tastic harem manga while maintaining your harem manga isn't a harem manga. The only one I ever read of these that I actually look forward to reading is that spider one because she's a fucking spider. No need for big-tittied anime girls to bop around. And not that big-titted anime girls are a bad thing, I just don't like the pretentiousness of pretending you're some author penning the next Game of Thrones, when really this is copy+paste from the million others like it.

Lol how are they '..pretending you're some author penning the next Game of Thrones..?' Aren't they just normal people trying to survive and find success in a rapidly changing industry? Besides it's not like this trend is new. Whenever a story makes it big, other people are bound to write something similar to it. Not just in japan and not just with manga. I mean look at PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds or DOTA/LOL. They're successful games that started a huge trend. Even in manga, there were earlier trends like highschool trend that's still ongoing especially in romance shoujo. The demon inside trend that naruto is a part of. The power/skill/move trend that bleach is a part of. This isekai trend in manga is nothing new. There's bound to be shitty ones but i'd rather suffer through a thousand shitty ones if there's a chance that a hidden gem of a story gets penned. 

Why does she get 50% for doing next to nothing?

Because as of right now, he needs her. He has no fighting skills of his own and till he gets a monster strong enough and willing to take over that part that leaves him with a huge problem whenever dealing with monsters who are aggressive/run out of control and well people like the evil guys from this episode. 

She is currently the brawn to his brain. Without her he might end up in trouble, as he did twice already and as they have no idea just how much he will earn at some point giving her a share seems the way to go for now. 

M×0 T_T

Lucy best girl, by far.

So let me get this straight:
1. MC got transferred to another world. But he can't fight. So he decided to be a farmer.
2. Turned out all fruits are monsters in this world. So he hired an adventurer to helm him farm them.
3. Turned out some monsters are intelligent. So he tamed them to make money, instead.

Here's a crazy idea: why didn't you just make him a monster tamer FROM THE START! 
FFS...

Class:farmer
Sub-class:monster tamer.

for two things, she provides more fanservice

for one thing, she's the one who gave the place he's living in

Guard duty?

The plague of cooking in shounen manga needs to end. It's a shit excuse to nab the "reality tv generation"

FIFY

So let me get this straight:

1. MC got transferred to another world. But he can't fight. So he decided to be a farmer.

2. Turned out all fruits are monsters in this world. So he hired an adventurer to helm him farm them.

3. Turned out some monsters are intelligent. So he tamed them to make money, instead.

Here's a crazy idea: why didn't you just make him a monster tamer FROM THE START! 

FFS...

Honestly? Because most LN/WN writers are just that fucking bad that they try to skip details that they can think of and write properly. What's easier: thinking about medieval farming or how moe-moe kawaii you can make your harem characters? Isekai is more often used as a convenient springboard for "I want catgirls that my self-insert cardboard cut-out protagonist can jerk off to" rather than exploring an interesting story or showcasing the human condition/history intelligently. Which is sad... because you can be intellectual (or at least not absolutely moronic) and have kawaii catgirls, too. There's no reason to have to settle for half-assedry. But that's the current market in Japanese literature because it sex moe sells.

Which is why I treasure gems like "Release That Witch." Hell, even stuff like Gun-Ota which is rather trashy (the manga is terrible, read the WN/LN) but has ACTUAL WORLDBUILDING and character development are appreciated because they do the actual literary legwork.

The plague of isekai in shounen manga needs to end. It's a shit excuse to nab the "video game generation," and like you said, make a shit-tastic harem manga while maintaining your harem manga isn't a harem manga. The only one I ever read of these that I actually look forward to reading is that spider one because she's a fucking spider. No need for big-tittied anime girls to bop around. And not that big-titted anime girls are a bad thing, I just don't like the pretentiousness of pretending you're some author penning the next Game of Thrones, when really this is copy+paste from the million others like it.

Who would fking eat such cute thing???

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics