Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 152votes)

Natsume Yuujinchou

Alt Names: alt 夏にはため息をつくalt 夏目友人帳alt 妖怪联络簿alt 나츠메 우인장alt Heave a Sigh in Summeralt In the Corner of the Schoolyardalt Le Pacte des yôkai (French)alt Manabiya no Sumialt Natsu ni wa Tameiki (w)o Tsukualt Natsume Book of Friendsalt Natsume Yujin-Choalt Natsume Yujinchoalt Natsume Yuujin-choualt Natsume'nin Arkadaş Kitabıalt Natsume's Book of Friendsalt کتاب دوستان ناتسومه (Persian)
Author: Midorikawa Yuki
Artist: Midorikawa Yuki
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaShoujo ShoujoSlice of Life Slice of LifeSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Natsume's just an ordinary kid, except he can see spirits, just like his grandma Reiko could. Reiko, though, used to bully the spirits, and bound them to her will in the "Book of Friends." Now that Natsume has inherited this book, a never-ending stream of spirits is coming after him.
With the help of a spirit "cat" (who really just wants Natsume to die so he can have the book), Natsume spends his days dissolving the contracts that bind the spirits and trying not to get killed.

Extras:
• Manabiya no Sumi (In the Corner of the Schoolyard) in v.6.
• Natsu ni wa Tameiki (w)o Tsuku (Heave a Sigh in Summer) in v.7.

Spin-off:

> Nyanko Sensei ga Iku!
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/nyanko-sensei-ga-iku-r10573 )
Go to Natsume Yuujinchou Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Season Five Coming Fall 2016! New Window ivyandblueroses
  • 3 Replies
Topic ITS GREAT New Window aida
  • 0 Replies
Topic Natsume Yuujinchou chapters on Transcendence New Window Kaellyna~chu~
  • 3 Replies

114 Comments

I think you only see shounen ai subtext if you are searching for it. Personally I didn't even think about it before seeing your comment... I don't even see any romance in natsume's mind,

Yeah, there's a complete scrubbing of anything remotely romantic or shippy in it minus Nishimura with the teenagers, (and frankly I wish there would be at least something so as to be realistic...).

I think you only see shounen ai subtext if you are searching for it. Personally I didn't even think about it before seeing your comment... I don't even see any romance in natsume's mind,

One of my greatest gripes in the series is the forced shounen-ai subtext (w/c is probably to be expected from a josei/sjoujo title) tha keeps getting shoved at us, even in the anime. I think this greatly detracts a lot of quality from the manga.

Ironically, one of my friends introduced to the anime by disparagingly calling it 'Natsume Gay-jinchou'. -_-

surprisingly few followers eventhough this is so good. Also my thanks to the kind folks scanlating this rare gem.

What a sweet chapter. I freaking cried.

Thank you for your hard work Seafood Buffet!

Wonderful. Thank you for the new release, Seafood Buffet.

yay another new chapter thank the heavens!

:D

\o/ new chapter <3

thank you

Speculation, but...

Spoiler

Well it would explain a lot..

I've always been wondering about the relationship between Reiko and Madara, since he seemed to know her a lot, yet we've never seen him with her before in the memories of the Ayakashi..

Any idea when the next chapter will be up?

I'm kind of tired of waiting..

Especially since Natori is about to learn about the Yuujinchou..

I've really been wondering about his reaction when he finds out since the moment Natsume decided not to tell him about it in S2..

It's announced that Natsume Yuujinchou has surpassed printing  10,000,000 copies. The volume 18 will be released in September 5

Spoiler

i wish there was another season for the anime so that i can see some of this some stuff animated

ugh when's the next chapter coming out because I want more

Shame the first 10 aren't here, this manga is excellent. It's strange how heartwarming and sad it can be at the same time.

The feels...

Speculation, but...

Spoiler

Yeah I've wondered pretty much the same thing too, but no proof yet so I'm just assuming its not that way.

@ madelinelime: Seems a bit far-fetched; I think it's not that kind of manga, where there are subsubsubplot mysteries and every new guy you meet happens to be related to the main cast one way or another (not saying that's bad either, just a different genre).

Speculation, but...

Spoiler

is this monthly or more?

Taki :3

Nice chapter. Didn't know it was on batoto till today

Spoiler

is there any sign of romance?

I read somewhere that the author specifically did not include romance.  I mean, there is some romance between one chapter characters here and there, but not much concerning the main cast.  Personally, I'm glad for this;  not everything needs a romantic subplot, and when authors feel compelled to add one for no reason it can weaken the story as a whole.

eh... I wanted more of

Spoiler

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics