Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (3.97 - 105votes)

I Said Make My Abilities Average!

Alt Names: alt 私、能力は平均値でって言ったよね!alt Didn't I Say To Make My Abilities Average!?alt Watashi, Nouryoku wa Heikinchi de tte Itta yo ne!
Author: Funa
Artist: Neko Mint
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasySci-fi Sci-fiShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: When Viscount Ascham’s House’s eldest daughter, Adele von Ascham, became 10 years old, she remembered everything with an intense headache.

Her previous self, Kurihara Misato, 18 years old Japanese, lost her life when trying to help a young girl, and then she met God…

A somewhat capable person burdened by the many expectations of the surrounding people, Misato, who couldn’t live as she wanted, pleaded to God.

“In the next life, please make my abilities average!”

Just as she wished for it, he made her abilities average. Yes, an average of a normal human and the strongest being there is, an ancient dragon!

The girl with 3 names, being careful to not accidentally become a S-rank hunter, lives normally.

I mean, I’m just an average, common girl. No, seriously.

RAW: http://comic-earthstar.jp/detail/noukin/
Go to I Said Make My Abilities Average! Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Web Novel vs Manga New Window thebankitking
  • 3 Replies
Topic Raws New Window garismaatti
  • 0 Replies

94 Comments

Oh nice, the first time it was taken down when I was 10 pages in (my luck...) so thanks again for the re upload!

Pigmen ARE actual orcs.  Specifically, they are orcs circa Dungeons and Dragons first edition, which is what the vast majority of Japanese western fantasy fiction originates from.

Plus, you know, orcs aren't real. If I wrote a book in which I described orcs as purple football hooligans with too much hair (and I might, it's in the pile) then that would be just as valid as anyone else's version of a completely fictional concept.

I can relate so much to the MC. Having excellent to above average ability is enough reason to be discriminated.  

Looks to be an interesting series, thank you for picking this up.

I honestly can't believe you aren't discussing freaking nanomachines in a fantasy setting.

Apparently it's not a mistranslation so... wtf?

Does anyone know?

Wow, actual orcs instead of pigmen.

Pigmen ARE actual orcs.  Specifically, they are orcs circa Dungeons and Dragons first edition, which is what the vast majority of Japanese western fantasy fiction originates from.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

- Arthur C. Clarke

Magic... based on nanomachines? I'm sorry? I mean... Sure? Give an interesting reason for the magic in the world. Anyway... The pacing is... just... god awful. The first few pages were just rushed and things didnt normalize until like the god showed up.

I will give it two chapters and see how this goes....

In that case, he's wrong too. Average is the mean. He took the median

Except its not the median, since that is taking the value separating the top 50% from the bottom 50% of the data. It is the midrange instead.

all of which are types of averages.

Rather than throw around insults, here's my an example of what I think one could do to improve this translation:

Spoiler

well played

Rather than throw around insults, here's my an example of what I think one could do to improve this translation:

Spoiler

Perfection

Spoiler

for those who don't know. the translator uses a machine to translate and then tries to make sentences out of the results. so if you read this expecting a-grade grammar... heh.

I usually hate sounding ungrateful with manga translations, but there are always exceptions. Bad grammar, spelling, scanning, etc is one thing, but purposely leaving half the words in weebanese is ridiculous.

Leave all the 'according to keikaku's to anime, please. That's where most of us learn japanese, anyways.

I saw this comment before reading the chapter and... Yikes. I wasn't expecting it to be that bad but was honestly so cringey. I think it's made worse by the fact that this is clearly a European setting, so the Japanese is even more out of place.

Except its not the median, since that is taking the value separating the top 50% from the bottom 50% of the data. It is the midrange instead.

It's even worse than that. It's the Average taking only the Top and Bottom. Meaning it doesn't matter if there are a billion times more insects with no magic than there are Dragons with immense magic. Her power will be half way between no magic and immense magic.

God grades on a curve but he's also lazy.

thebankitking, i thought the translator said not to upload it here since he/she is not done with it.

Been reading the Novel for ages, glad this is a manga who is publishing this?.

I sighed when I read this. Was it mistranslation or it is actual nanomachines? If so makes no sense so far

While there are a lot of weird translation antics from the translator (he/she's pretty infamous with this kind of... third rate MTL...), that nanomachine is correct. The idea for nanomachines' role is similar with mana in common fantasy setting, it's scattered in the environment and it can receive orders from living being with a certain brainwaves to create scientific phenomenons which looks like magic for those not knowing (closest depiction is nanobots from big hero 6: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sR_YFVIYIQ)

God this translation is so cringe.

7aQqkcK.png

All according to keikaku

obligatory keikaku means plan

I hate to be that guy but this is a really poor translation job. Leaving random idioms and words in Japanese while they can be translated is lazy, rushed, pedantic and ridiculous. It's a lack of respect toward the readers and toward the original work.

Great!  I've been waiting for the manga version

1da.gif

I sighed when I read this. Was it mistranslation or it is actual nanomachines? If so makes no sense so far

Ah I get it.  Average based on all the species of the world, not average based on the typical human.

Tough luck kid, God grades on a curve

It's even worse than that. It's the Average taking only the Top and Bottom. Meaning it doesn't matter if there are a billion times more insects with no magic than there are Dragons with immense magic. Her power will be half way between no magic and immense magic.

God grades on a curve but he's also lazy.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics