Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.31 - 13votes)

My Male Friend

Alt Names: alt 나의 남자 사람 친구alt My Male Love Friend
Author: Flavi
Artist: Kim Yoon Ji
Genres: Drama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeWebtoon Webtoon
Type: Manhwa (Korean)
Description: Normal 21-year-old college student Ara has been close friends for 15 years with a hot guy that catches the eye of all girls, Kyung Hoon. More comfortable hanging with him than any other girl, this is the story of love that begins with this one male friend.
Go to My Male Friend Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

52 Comments

Did that guy ask for her ID cause she was wearing a SpongeBob sweater?

I don't know how it is in SK, but in the US you can lose your job for not id'ing someone who looks under the age of 30
Did that guy ask for her ID cause she was wearing a SpongeBob sweater?

… Is it really weird, to have friends of the opposite sex who are just that, friends?

I don't think it's that weird. In fact, my best friend is a guy.

Spoiler

I don't believe gender plays that huge a role. If there is no qualitative difference between men and women, why can't they be friends? Romantic relationships aren't the only ones that rely on chemistry. In order to be long-term friends with someone, you must click on some level - whether it be through shared experience, ideas, interests, etc. Second of all, you must get something out of the relationship for you to continue spending time maintaining it. For example, they must validate you, provide entertainment and pleasure, or help you grow as a person. Third, and most important of all to a PLATONIC relationship, there must be no attraction.

TL;DR

FORMULA TO PLATONIC FRIENDSHIP =

(CONNECTION + BENEFITS) - ATTRACTION

Though I don't think this webtoon is going to be the best example of platonic friendship LOL.

I'm just saying it's certainly possible and not as weird as everyone thinks it is.

Okay those friends of our MC are really getting on my nerves. Can tell they aren't even that close to her and they jumped to conclusions every time she mentions Kyung Hoon (?). Plus I really need someone to knock out JiHo, guy's got serious insecurities and I want Ara to just blow him up. 

Translator's notes are the best, made me laugh more than the actual chapter did.
These guys are living in UST timezone... Unresolved Sexual Tension.

IMO, yes and no.  It is my opinion that (assuming you're straight, obv) if you're both single, while you can be friends and it's not even that weird, what would be weird is if there was no speculation in the back of either of your minds.  There's always a slight background tension in friendships between single people who are attracted to each other's gender, particularly if they're around the same age, and particularly if they're young.  Always that "what if . . . ?" somewhere.  Doesn't have to ever come to the surface, or be a major component of the relationship, but I'd really doubt someone who said it didn't exist for them at all (unless they were, say, asexual, but then the other person isn't a gender they're attracted to).

This is especially true if you have friends who see you two are close and tease you about it. It's inevitable to think of that "what if", but doesn't necessarily have to be a serious thought and can be easily pushed out of your mind as a passing thought.

… Is it really weird, to have friends of the opposite sex who are just that, friends?

IMO, yes and no.  It is my opinion that (assuming you're straight, obv) if you're both single, while you can be friends and it's not even that weird, what would be weird is if there was no speculation in the back of either of your minds.  There's always a slight background tension in friendships between single people who are attracted to each other's gender, particularly if they're around the same age, and particularly if they're young.  Always that "what if . . . ?" somewhere.  Doesn't have to ever come to the surface, or be a major component of the relationship, but I'd really doubt someone who said it didn't exist for them at all (unless they were, say, asexual, but then the other person isn't a gender they're attracted to).

Not that anyone's complaining, but was he trying to show off his body? Just saying because he could have easy brought a change of clothes to the bathroom instead of waltzing around in a towel. But hey if he's not shy about it all the better for our heroine. ;)
I am a girl, and I have a real life guy friend that does this. It's not a "showing off" thing for him...he's just not self conscious at all in his own home, and he doesn't really care what other people think. Like many guys, he's most comfy shirtless and that's how he goes. My brothers are the same way. However, since this IS a romance webtoon, it could be showing off. It could also have been a plot device to introduce that scar of his, or show that she is developing feelings about seeing him shirtless. It's too early to tell.

Not that anyone's complaining, but was he trying to show off his body? Just saying because he could have easy brought a change of clothes to the bathroom instead of waltzing around in a towel. But hey if he's not shy about it all the better for our heroine. ;)

It's possible that it's simply nothing out of the ordinary in their relationship for them to see each other wrapped in towels after a bath or shower. As they have been close friends for fifteen years, they may even have taken baths together when they were kids, so seeing each other naked might not be a new thing at all. It would be nice to learn more about their history together, to see how their relationship had developed up until now.

check out my webtoon, manga and manhwa projects here

Hahaha. With the way he smiled at the "sharing" of umbrella, my romance alarm seems to go off saying that he's actually happy about it. He quickly cover up with running and a remark to "keep up with him" to not ring her own alarm though. Lol. I even imagine him purposely taking the bed not only to rile her up, but make her to go to him in a fit of anger xD

Of course, that's just the romance goggles speaking.

I agree with the translator though. Needs a backstory for that scar. *slides another dollar*

Whoever was writing the translator notes this last chapter, I feel you...*fist bumps my comrade*

Are there actually people who react this way to thunder/lightning every time? Like it seems like every manga/anime girl is absolutely terrified of it, even when it doesn't catch them by surprise. Like who literally throws themselves to the floor like that? Who is actually that damn scared during regular storms when they're already inside??

G30yttr.jpg

I'm used to weirdly rapey lines from romance manga and stuff, but this is some high level autism. Who the fuck says this shit?

I belong to a group of six people who have been friends for more than 20 years, since our High School Days. Three Ys, three Xs, only one of whom is gay. None of us has ever dated another, it's just friendship. A couple got spouses or stable relationships over the years, but the significant others just joined the gang. The ones in relationships still go out with us without being glued to their matches. No outbursts of jealousy at all.

That's one reason why I think this kind of series is not realistic. Or am I the one-in-a-million oddity here?

its not, no normal human wants to bang every person of the opposite sex they see but i guess Koreans like this situation or sth? There's already a few manhwa similar to this

Yes. At least for males.

Reminds me of that one webtoon: "Our relationship is ..."

except I think that one got licensed because I can't find it anywhere else anymore other than lehzin.

I belong to a group of six people who have been friends for more than 20 years, since our High School Days. Three Ys, three Xs, only one of whom is gay. None of us has ever dated another, it's just friendship. A couple got spouses or stable relationships over the years, but the significant others just joined the gang. The ones in relationships still go out with us without being glued to their matches. No outbursts of jealousy at all.

That's one reason why I think this kind of series is not realistic. Or am I the one-in-a-million oddity here?

It's not really that unusual, but a lot of people do tend to stick to same-gender friends when they're young, so they dont understand. I have close friends of both genders from junior high and high school too, and occasionally people would just assume I was dating someone because we hung out and were opposite genders. Just given general odds and hormones, it's also pretty common in a mixed group for crushes to form. I mean, you're friends because you share common interests and like each other, so if there's any physical attraction, it's a perfect set up for a romantic relationship. Among my group, there were occasional crushes, but they weren't acted on because the person didn't want to mess up the friend dynamic if things went wrong. But we've all remained friends and significant others just got added to the group. I admit it is rarer that we hang out without SOs these days - family life has consumed a lot of that...

I almost think it's part of certain cultures. My dad (whose Lebanese) doesn't believe in actual real friendships between males and females, but my mum (whose Italian/German) does, and from my own personal expirience I would say it depends on the person. In my group, on two of the people started dating and that ended as a disaster.

Yes! Childhood friends! One of my favorite kinds of romance!

And dang, the girl should have beat him into breaking up. The guy said it first when she was about to because he knew she was about to say it. It saved him shame, but our girl is the one who has to deal with the embarrassment of being dumped. He felt like an ass, but I guess he's just one of those realistic guys out there.

The art reminds me of a Akagi
Goddamn their faces really are pizza slices.

Dude shouldn't set his self up on the friend zone. 

We're really going in for a long ride. . .

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics