Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.65 - 132votes)

Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro

Alt Names: alt Demonic Detective Neuro Nougamialt Demonic Detective Nougami Neuroalt 魔人偵探腦嚙涅羅alt 魔人探偵脳噛ネウロalt Majintantei Nougami Neuroalt Neuro - Le Mange-mystèresalt Nougami Neuro
Author: Matsui Yuusei
Artist: Matsui Yuusei
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyHorror HorrorMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalShounen ShounenSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The Demon Neuro has a raging hunger for ‘mysteries.’ Being dissatisfied with his current regime in hell, he’s come into the mortal realm in order to satiate his ever-growing appetite. The murder case of a young girl’s father seems to be sufficiently enticing for the Demon’s needs.. But what else might happen between these two? Find out in this disturbingly good murder-mystery series.
Go to Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

43 Comments

It. Was. Worth it. :batoto_022:
FakeHero, I will take that step. I dearly hope its worth it, which would please me greatly. :batoto_028:
what about akane???????
Is hard to describe how great this manga is. Every time I try I fail. I can´t put into words how epic Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro is, for that I apologize.

For I wish everyone who´re slightly interested in manga to take this amazing ride through a story that deserve the "masterpiece stamp".

Please read it.
If you like the concept of a hungry demon tormenting a human straight-man, I recommend Hell's Kitchen. Dogma (HK) must be a disciple of Neuro, I mean, after all the use of demon world creatures and stuff (not named 777 tools, of course) to torment a poor bastard. The series has no murders, only the MC can see Dogma and it is about cooking, but it's still a great read (5/5 in my book); of course, it's not as good as Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro (10/5 IMO), but then again, this series is one of the best I've ever read. If you're browsing the comments before deciding whether you should read it or not, take my word for it and click the link to the first chapter. Shame about Akane though, Neuro never got around resolving that...
guys calm down about the american dude im japanese but i don't think in such way lollll
I tried reading this about 3 years ago, but stopped in the middle because of the disturbing drawings of the criminals (I even had a nightmare that I was being chased by them >o<) And then, one day, I just decided to give this another chance. It was probably the best decision I've made in my manga-reading life. Before, I really hated the way the criminals were drawn because they scared the shit out of me. But now, I really appreciate them because they add to the impact and lets me feel the same fear that Yako feels while facing these criminals.
Yeh it was really good, few times I was about to start reading this and was hesitant.
After I finished reading this, I can say that it's really interesting and worth the read.
boomisbored and Sholum aren't kidding. The guy from chapter 34 is the mostly overtly and pointlessly racist caricature of an American I've ever seen in a comic. I honestly can't believe the publisher let it see print.
Manga that is completely worth the time it takes to read. The first manga I've ever read, and my favorite to this day. Would devour again.
If you're expecting a hardcore mystery detective story like Conan, then you're wrong here. It looks like a mystery manga and is actually also one, but it focuses more on the main characters' interactions (namely, Neuro abusing his 'slaves' through various methods like threats, bribery or even manipulation) and growth than the criminals themselves.
Which brings me to the next point, after a case is solved and the culprit is revealed, their .. appearance changes and they start talking about their reasons. As I've said before, this isn't a 'real' mystery manga, so one can't take this too seriously (because it's absurd).

Character growth is in my eyes well done, for many characters start out weak, but become stronger with each case. (Some more or less stay the way they are, but I digress). Especially evident is this in Yako, who at first trembles at the very sight of a certain murderer, which disappears at their second meeting; not to mention that she manages to help other characters some times.
At the end, Yako has matured so much that she
Spoiler

Overall, this was a very pleasant read for me. What I enjoyed most were the funny moments every now and then.
@boomisbored
I think I've read maybe one story where an American was cool and wasn't a nut case. Apparently, in Japan all Americans are crazy, all the Jews are rich, and (like in American movies) the black guy always dies first, that is, when there is a black guy.
volume 5 chapter 34.....really? is that how the japanese view americans?? ive never met a person like that sure some of us cant sleep soundly with a revolver or some other weapon under their pillow but.....really??? are we really viewed as that disturbing? i eat more than hamburgers and bbq tyvm
I'd heard a lot about the series, but for some reason I didn't try it for a long time. I just started it yesterday when I saw it was on here and was sorry I didn't start it sooner. The art takes a little getting used to but the story and characters (Neuro) are great. It makes up for the art by a longshot. Not even the 80's shoujo style would have put me off this.
Demon Detective Neuro needs to be a model for all up and coming mangaka. It's witty, emotional, and thrilling as Neuro and his unwilling assistant, Yako, tackle different mysteries for the sake of fulfilling Neuro's stomach. The series undergoes an very interesting transition about halfway when a mysterious and deadly organization takes the spotlight, threatening the human race which Neuro depends upon for his sustenance. If you enjoy a hilarious, sadistic lead character like Hiruma from Eyeshield 21, Neuro will definitely fulfill your expectations.

First Impressions: 5/5
It's an excellent series, but mainly because the main character is such a charming nutcase. One of the best characters the jump has produced...
This is a great little series. It is done tho I will say that. Fropm what I know I know that this one has been completed for awhile but it is really good.
sounds a bit like detective conan with a fantasy touch

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics