Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.29 - 217votes)

Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji

Alt Names: alt オオカミ少女と黒王子alt 狼少女与黑王子alt Kurt Kız ve Kara Prensalt La Chica Lobo y el Principe Negroalt Wolf Girl and Black Prince
Author: Hatta Ayuko
Artist: Hatta Ayuko
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShoujo ShoujoSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Shinohara Erika, a vain 16-year-old girl, tells her friends about her romantic exploits, though she actually has no boyfriend. She shows them a candid photo of an anonymous guy as her boyfriend, yet it turns out the guy is a schoolmate named Sata Kyouya. She has no choice but to convince him to act as her fake boyfriend. Unfortunately, Kyouya may look like a sweet person, but he is actually an ultra-black-hearted sadist.
Go to Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Sata Kyouya is abusive? New Window jaxkels
  • 22 Replies

377 Comments

Kyouya is the who makes the manga entertaining for me.

He's just a hardcore male tsundere. lol
Well, in my opinion the guys like Kusakabe-kun are the most dangerous. There were little hints that he might be a sociopath or with some darker emotions. He's the type I'd like to avoid, I'd be nice to him but he's really unstable.

That aside, main guy in shoujo are always like him. I mean, they always seem to be overly possesive and as a man, I can be pretty possesive of what I love but not as petty. Anyways, I'm in this for some character growth, especially from Erika. I hope Erika will become more confident and assertive of herself. [Cause I hate the typical heroine and main guy in shoujo, got sick of them...]
Purple, good point. Although I don't recall Kyouya ever actually lying (aside from the whole dating thing, and his feelings for Erika), his whole school personality is a facade. However, often times people do keep a "public" and "private" persona (as in, people act differently when in front of strangers/classmates vs. close friends/family), though probably not as severe as his, and not for the same reasons.
But yes, he is actually a conniving petty asshole. That much is certain. I just don't find Erika to be much better- she's a nicer person, but way worse at maintaining this public image, and doesn't seem to learn from her mistakes.
A more positive way of looking at this is that at least all of the characters have flaws. I'm sick and tired of the lead characters in shoujo manga being essentially perfect (minus the "charm points" like being a clutz or bad at cooking). Perfect people are boring.
I don't think this is the most brutal romance I've ever read, but if it was totally straight(completely serious, without the humorous elements of the story) it'd be real close.
In real life, Erika shouldn't date either of them. It's fun to read about Kyouya's jerkish behavior, and a realistic happy ending for a couple like this is a break-up where they both mature a little. Kasukabe is way too vulnerable to date right away. It's really hard to date someone like and not take advantage of them. I am not reading for realism in the end, so I'll follow the drama wherever it goes.

As a story development Kasukabe is a nice touch. It takes some of the control away from Kyouya.
I agree with Purple, the main lead definitely lies more than she does. I think the main reason he didn't want to go out with her was that he wanted to maintain his image of just pretending to be her boyfriend and didn't want to admit that he might actually have feelings for her or at that time when she confessed to him, he might have genuinely not had any feelings for her yet. It was obvious later that he does in fact like her but continued with his lies and sadistic attitude occasionally showing his caring side.
I disagree, her going out with kusakabe would be boring. Kyouya is an arse, but he is entertaining. This is a story i chose to read because kyouya is like that, its good to not always have a super perfect nice guy.
She should just go out with Kusakabe-kun; he'd make a much better boyfriend than Kyouya.
Amrai, he's hardly in a position to complain about that. First, he's one of those "maintains a public persona completely at odds with his real personality" guys. Second, he's the one who decided to go along with her deception in return for the right to boss her around. So, his reaction to her lie was not outraged honesty, but blackmail.
So, sure, if he were you, or some other honest person, he might be thinking "well, I don't know about dating someone who tells social lies to fit in", but he isn't, he's more dishonest than she is.
Anyway, it's clear that as part of a long shoujo tradition, he loves her, he just loves being in control a lot more (so far) so he doesn't admit it. It's not my favourite shoujo tradition.
She's an M...
Am I the only one who kind of gets where the male lead is coming from? Yeah, he's being an asshole on so many levels, but seriously, I wouldn't want to actually date the female lead either, with her tendency to lie just to save face. I'm kind of on the fence about this series, because it's following the regular shoujo plot patterns, and it's pretty obvious where this road leads to. I feel like this would have been a decent one-volume series, but they're going to drag this on as long as its popular...
I love the art, but I really disliked the heroine at first.
@Kaixe-Rho He definitely seems like an asshole. The one difference, tho', is that he actually does have something of a heart, whereas a genuine asshole normally doesn't.
No idea how she puts up with him but I guess as long as she's happy.
"Black Prince", "Sadistic Boy"...where I come from we just call them "Asshole".
Whenever Kyouya is being...well, Kyouya, I just can't help feeling 'I really want to strangle this guy'.
This is one of those manga where the male lead really, really needs to be kicked in the 'nads. Repeatedly.
With no context, chapter 6 is pretty great.
I don't quite enjoy stories that can crumble with a single act of honesty or when the mc can just be truthful about a single pathetic thing
I think the "wolf girl" here parodies the "girl" who cried wolf from Aesop's fables, meaning a liar.
Also, "S*o" in Ch.1 must be Suneo from Dora-emon. Suneo always follows and flatters Giant.
Well, I like the male lead...but the female lead feels like she could easily erupt into a geyser of tears. I hate that.
Said before, but it's a good execution of a mediocre premise. Interesting enough to keep me reading, for sure.
A lot better than I expected. o:
You guys may be right, but! I still like it!
The premise is overused, but Hatta Ayuko made it work.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics