Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.46 - 123votes)

Shikkaku Mon no Saikyou Kenja

Alt Names: alt 失格紋の最強賢者alt 失格紋の最強賢者 ~世界最強の賢者が更に強くなるために転生しました~alt 실격문장의 최강 현자alt 실격문장의 최강 현자alt Shikkaku Mon no Saikyou Kenja - Sekai Saikyou no Kenja ga Sara ni Tsuyokunaru Tame ni Tensei Shimashitaalt The Strongest Sage of Disqualified Crestalt The Strongest Sage of Disqualified Crest~ The World's Strongest Sage Reincarnated Himself to Become Even Stronger~
Author: Shinkou Shotou
Artist: Liverjam (Friendly Land)
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHarem HaremHistorical HistoricalMartial Arts Martial ArtsRomance RomanceSchool Life School Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: In a certain world, there was someone who excelled in magic combat, people called him 『Sage』. Seeking the strongest combat art, he devoted himself to researching every magic and combat art in existence. And the conclusion he arrived at was very cruel, 『My body is not fit for magic combat』.

Having defeated every monster in his world, he sealed his own soul with a magic art in search of more power, and was reborn in a far-off future. And the magic theory in the completely changed world he saw there was of unbelievably low level.
Go to Shikkaku Mon no Saikyou Kenja Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

143 Comments

Common-sense-chan...we knew you well...

I just realized how creepy it is to reincarnate into a 6 year old kids body.  Like, what happened to the original kid?

And I guess a calamity happened in the 12,700(?) years since he first lived to make society regress to this point.

I would recommend to make a revision of the translated names, because Lake (Elder Brother) and Vivgel (Second Brother) does not have that medieval feeling, compared to WN's translation Reich (Elder Brother) and Biffgel (Second Brother) and a change the family name "Hill de Heimer" into Hildesheimr or something similar.

PD: Im using the transated WN as reference

I don't think they're trying for the medieval feeling, more of the "fantasy-world" feeling where more complicated names are attributed to elder or more experienced people.

I would recommend to make a revision of the translated names, because Lake (Elder Brother) and Vivgel (Second Brother) does not have that medieval feeling, compared to WN's translation Reich (Elder Brother) and Biffgel (Second Brother) and a change the family name "Hill de Heimer" into Hildesheimr or something similar.

PD: Im using the transated WN as reference

or did he mean 'The Mage Will Master Magic Efficiently In His Second Life'

based on description of the manga

There is also Tales of Demons and Gods (RIP to the novel btw) with a similar premise. (Closer to "The Mage Will Master Magic Efficiently In His Second Life" though, since it's rewind time instead of rebirth).

The is also Emperor's domination in the same style (no manga, only a novel. No really a rebirth or rewind but pretty similar).

Anyway, I find it better that "Magus second life" (for short), seems likely to have less fan service, and I think there is no level system. Plus, from the comments, it seems that the story has depth. With totally lack at "magus second life" (Didn't read these two novel btw, only TDG and ED)

I was of the same mind as Abu Hajaar, but this actually sounds more lame.

Spoiler

Well, even with his original first crest he had managed to become the most powerful mage in existence in his old life.  A lot of his success could probably be attributed to the fact he had a first crest because it's the crest for production which needs extensive knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of magic to properly utilize it into making good enchantments and spells.  Though the crest is great for production and initially has the most power it has an extremely low growth rate which makes it undesirable in the long run for combat.

The crests of this world are like an RPG class system; each excel in some areas and have weaknesses in others.

The first crest is initially the strongest but has a low growth rate and is best utilized in processing materials and making enchantments.  

The second crest is initially weaker than the first crest, has a higher growth rate than the first crest, and is specialized in long range elemental attacks.  

The third crest is also initially weaker than the first crest, has a higher growth rate than the first crest, and although the magic power of its spells is weak it can rapid cast at the highest rate of the crests.  

And the fourth crest is initially the weakest, is extremely weak with any spell that has long range such as ranged elemental attacks and teleportation, is bad at processing materials and making enchantments, but has the highest growth rate of all the crests and is the most powerful with short range abilities such as body strengthening and erecting barriers around small areas.

Though the author has yet to really elaborate on what he means with growth rates.  I imagine the growth rate has extreme diminished returns when applied to the weakness of a crest and as such no matter how much a fourth crest grows it won't have the kind of aptitude with long range spells that any of the other three crests can reach with much less work.

this is one of the better WN adaptations i've seen so far.

ahhh i wonder how the "M" commonsense-chan will do. :)

don't think it was neccesary for demons to be there, the surviving ones, probably changed the truth 'cause the first mark/crest was too dangerous and destroyed their world.

Kenji's referencing the light novel. The 'magic is weak because of a demon conspiracy' is Matty's current working theory as of the most recently translated chapter on Sousetsuka. Of course, as you might be able to tell from the current chapter, intuitive reasoning is not exactly Matty's strong point. Though given our current knowledge, it's about as reasonable a theory as any.

No.

Spoiler

don't think it was neccesary for demons to be there, the surviving ones, probably changed the truth 'cause the first mark/crest was too dangerous and destroyed their world.

Sorry but from which manga is that image?

Because MC in This Story Lives in Another World With Magic
and Truck-Kun Senpai Still alive and Healty in Japan, so Senpai Hasn't reincarnate yet...

Spoiler

Sadly, Truck-kun is in for repairs after trying to send an ogre to the other side. We all wish him the best.

Spoiler

Above From Kyou no Cerberus
Bottom From Uramikoi, Koi Uramikoi
Dont Give a Shit About Truck-kun Those Girls are Very Stronk!!!

No.

Spoiler

I was of the same mind as Abu Hajaar, but this actually sounds more lame.

Spoiler

My only despair is that there is only one chapter in English for now.

Poor bird :/

Spoiler

And that's what he looked like afterwards:

Spoiler

Is this the debut for Common-sense-chan!? Finally she'll make her appearance in a manga!

xD

So lemme guess. He was a legend during his time and so society changed its view on the crest leading to his shitty one becoming the new S tier in the meta and reversing that 4-star one to bottom tier.

And now he's in the future and everyone sucks because no one actually knows how to use his original crest.

No.

Spoiler

So lemme guess. He was a legend during his time and so society changed its view on the crest leading to his shitty one becoming the new S tier in the meta and reversing that 4-star one to bottom tier.

And now he's in the future and everyone sucks because no one actually knows how to use his original crest.

Spoiler

This story looks awesome! I'm such a sucker for these types of stories.

Urami Koi Koi Urami Koi I believe.

UPDATE: oops I looked at the wrong image (Sep10Trion's image). The one you are looking for is Kyou no Cerebus.

A reincarnation manga WITHOUT Truck-kun's blessing?!

WHAT IS THIS BLASPHEMY???

Sadly, Truck-kun is in for repairs after trying to send an ogre to the other side. We all wish him the best.img000010.png

and Truck-Kun Senpai Still alive and Healty in Japan, so Senpai Hasn't reincarnate yet...

Spoiler

it ain't an isekaijin from japan. A person from their own world that stays in their own world. This is closer to the world's dragon strongest dragon becoming a human than any other series. I read the novels by the way. I practically read every novel that is being translated right now. 

I think he is some kind of time traveler as well. Though I dont know if he went to the past or future of his world.  

love how the title even in the manga properly translates to crest but when talking about it they translate to mark..... pretty sloppy job on that

Yeah, that bothered me a bit too. They also have the novel translation to reference as well. It's like if they tried to translate Naruto for the English market and butchering the main character's name as "Fishcake" even though it's right in the title.

Poor bird :/

Spoiler

I can't be the only one who thought:

Spoiler

A reincarnation manga WITHOUT Truck-kun's blessing?!

WHAT IS THIS BLASPHEMY???

Spoiler

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics