Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.52 - 864votes)

Akame ga KILL!

Alt Names: alt Akame ga Kiru!alt Akame Slashes!alt อาคาเมะสวยประหารalt アカメが斬る!alt 아카메가 벤다!alt Red-Eyed Killer!alt 斩·赤红之瞳!alt אקאמה גה קיל
Author: Takahiro
Artist: Tetsuya Tashiro
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHorror HorrorPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceShounen ShounenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Tatsumi is a fighter who, accompanied by his two childhood friends, sets off to the Capital in search of a way to make money to assist his poverty-stricken village. After being separated from his friends, Tatsumi not only fails to enlist in the army, but is swindled out of all his money. He is then taken in by a noble family who offer him help; after finding himself in a messy situation Tatsumi is rescued by a group of assassins known as Night Raid, and is invited to join their ranks. Composed of the swordswoman Akame, a young woman armed with a huge pair of scissors named Sheele, the string manipulator Lubbock, the armored warrior Bulat, the sniper Mine, the beast fighter Leone and their leader Najenda, Night Raid is also part of the revolutionary forces assembled to overthrow Prime Minister Honest, who manipulates the young emperor for his and his men's personal gain, leading the rest of the nation to poverty and strife.

Prequel:

> Akame ga Kill! Zero
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/akame-ga-kill-zero-r9902 )
Go to Akame ga KILL! Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Spin-off New Window Not Original
  • 1 Replies
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion New Window HoneyBadger
  • 206 Replies
Topic Esdese & Tatsumi New Window truepurple
  • 310 Replies
Topic Theory: Tatsumi gets a new teigu *READ CHAPTER 61 BEFORE THIS* New Window mandom
  • 0 Replies
Topic Just 1 season of anime? New Window f0rtitude
  • 10 Replies
Topic Spoiler Thread - talk about anything up to latest chapter release in Japan New Window soranokira
  • 274 Replies

4699 Comments

Suitably dark, breaking away from a lot of stereotypes that I've seen in other mangas like this:
  • A main character, while slightly naive, is not entirely pathetic or subject to excessive moping about brutal choices.
  • Female characters, while still developing, are interesting enough in that they don't just fall in love with the main character immediately and each seem capable rather than in constant peril.
  • No pulling punches.
    Spoiler
  • No excessive fan service.
  • No foreshadowing of some secret, hidden power. Just a man with some skill, trying his best and learning what he can.
Despite it being rather dark, it doesn't seem to wrap itself in constant tragedy and seems to herald itself back to some wonderful fantasy where I hope we can see this group heal the capital, fight injustice and maybe see a touch of romance. Sincerely hope the English translation can catch up to the raw release, thanks for an interesting release!
I remember reading this ages ago, it was good.
Anways, thanks for the upload.
first of all thank you PinkFatale for thw amazing manga you picked up and can someone spell that annihilation to ogre in a short word? i could go with OWND but is not worthy enough
I have to say I'm really pleasantly surprised with the third chapter.
I was almost sure the chapter was going to end with the typical "When your superior tells you: you are not ready for this mission, you should shut up and not be so full of yourself as to go against her advice, or you'll end up being dead" moral lesson crap, and when the target recovered from the surprise attack and it seemed like Tatsumi was going to be killed, I was sure Akame was going to appear from somewhere to save his ass and teach him a lesson in humility, but instead he went badass mode and dismembered and cut the bastard into pieces, to finally going to Akame to gloriously announce she was wrong in having understimated him, I was really surprised since THAT was entertainment at its best.
Thank you PinkFatale for picking this up, I waited almost a year for this chapter but the wait was definitively worth it.
Hope to see more of this! Thanks for picking it up!
ok people lets celebrate some one finally pick this manga up ^_^
Its been so long since last chapter
Oh shitt an update! My day just got 10x better now, thanks a lot!
Posted ImageThank you for Chapter 3 PinkFatale Posted Image
it's good i like it, it's just i find Akame a little annoying at times but i guess it's getting easier to handle.
Finally!!!
LOL the catgirl, he is good at annoying people.
Akame...I...I love you, I want the main to say that, or will this have harem?
Dun dun dun!
Finally a new chapter! Can't wait for more releases.
Yah, it's freaking awesome. i think there are a lot of raws out but releases are slow :S
Fuck. We need faster translations before I go insane.
Pretty good so far! The twist caught me by surprise (though I probably should have seen it coming).

=====TO All Members=====

Mod Warning: Place All Images (that's bigger than banner size) in [spoiler] Tag!

[Spoiler] [Img=IMG_LINK_HERE] [/spoiler]
Also Plots/summary that spoils chapter must be in [spoiler] tag,too!

This will count as verbal warning in advance to all members. Please EDIT your posts if needed!

nice, thanks for picking it up! This was among the list of manga I had considered to pick up actually, but the no. of pages argh.
man these 3 chapter are awesome. its been awhile since it was last translated i completely forgot about this manga
@Abyssal/Knight:

Thanks for the info! :)
I'm kinda shocked to know that Chinese translations could actually be faster, and in a good manga too! O___O I'm feeling impatient now XD
@softpick good news it's not a monthly manga, but bad news people aren't really translating it very fast. The chinese raws/translation are already passed 30 chapters while the english translations only have 3 chapters :)
wow, that was dark. I definitely didn't see that coming.
Many thanks to PinkFatale!
Btw, with 40+ pages per chapter, is this a monthly manga?
Finally a new release! Thank you so much! :D
thats it! this is the series ive been looking for a while but couldnt find or remember the name

someone should pick this up ;)

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics