Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 140votes)

Yuki to Sumi

Alt Names: alt ユキトスミalt Snow and Ink
Author: Onio
Artist: Onio
Genres: Comedy ComedyRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Yukino Tachibana is a calligraphy prodigy.
At the tender age of 16 she is already one of Japan's most exciting young artists, performing live calligraphy demonstrations to sell-out crowds on worldwide tours.
With her refined, beautiful, and mysterious air, she is so popular at her new high school that she has earned the appellation of 'The School Madonna'.

She is also as dumb as a post.

As artful her brushstrokes, as demure her outward demeanor, the real Yukino Tachibana is far-removed from the image her classmates see on television and in the school hallways - in reality, apart from her calligraphy genius, Yukino is completely useless, rude, and possessing of a distinctly inflated sense of self-worth.
There is only one classmate who fails to be fooled by her facade: run-of-the-mill protagonist du jour Tarou Nakamura. Sitting next to her in class, Nakamura doesn't really get why the rest of the school finds her so enthralling - he's much more interested in his crush, Amano-san. But this indifference might prove to be his downfall, as circumstances cause Yukino to set her eyes on him....

This boy, this poor, poor boy, is burdened with a Herculean task - to keep Yukino's true nature a secret from the rest of the school, while trying to win the heart of his sweeheart. Can Nakamura really keep this brainless beauty's utter idiocy a secret!? And can he win Amano's heart through the power of calligraphy at the same time!?
Go to Yuki to Sumi Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

105 Comments

That's not accurate. Pretty much every official English translation has a back-of-the-book translation that long. Since a lot of the fan translations here are from official translations into other languages (that is, the English translation posted here will be based on a Chinese, French, Korean, or whatever edition of the Japanese original) the back-of-the-book-blurb theory is at least reasonable.

Really?

I just grabbed my Love in Hell: Death Life V1 to check. It's literally 3 sentences, one paragraph long, plus two quotes and a catchy "The sequel to the cult classic Love in Hell" sticker in the shape of a heart.

My Polish tankos are all almost devoid of text on covers, except Monster Musume which does have a paragraph long "description" on the bottom of the back cover, and Dragons Rioting has a short description.

The only books even close to that amount of text are LNs with Re:Zero having basically a summary of first chapter... and yet some series like Overlord or Log Horizon have almost nothing at all.

I seriously can't imagine this much text being shoved onto a back cover.

I love the art style, it's so unique.

No tanko has descriptions THAT long. It's almost a review of the first chapter/volume...

That's not accurate. Pretty much every official English translation has a back-of-the-book translation that long. Since a lot of the fan translations here are from official translations into other languages (that is, the English translation posted here will be based on a Chinese, French, Korean, or whatever edition of the Japanese original) the back-of-the-book-blurb theory is at least reasonable.
why i got the feeling like i have seen these girl characters before in 'love is hard for otaku'

At least he isn't Yugami-kun. People praise that guy for being an asshat

I rather have an asshat MC then a boring, flat as fuck "perfectly normal and generic" MC.
    • BCS likes this

Followed for the eyebrows

Hard to top Satsuki, but I agree. Though you can have too much of a good thing.

dorothy.jpg

Just like rough sketch senpai, the synopsis kind of make it looks like a shit mangá

It's pretty good, though

I hope it didn't get too repetitive like rought sketch senpai

It would seem that some people might have mistaken the Megumi in my previous comment with Amano Megumi when I was actually referring to this much more adorable goddess by the same author

Spoiler
Fyi, her name is also Megumi. Megumi Arashi. I have no reason at all to bring Amano Megumi into this lmao, Megumi Arashi wins over both Yukino in this series and Amano ez.

delinquent, yet shy kind of pervy girl is pretty good, also a cute tsukkomi is also appreciated.

90% for black-haired girl, 10% for Amano.

In a lot of manga like this, the hero love one girl since a long time but fall for the main girl just bcz.

yep, if the hero grew some balls outta nowhere he could get blond girl and help girl Handa.

Oh my god I love this manga already. That was a really solid first chapter.

Love this mangaka's art style too. So sketchy but solid.

She looks like Art Senpai's sister from the lewd art manga. 

And really, any girl that looks like Lewd Art Senpai is bound to be trouble for any MC. Seems like fun.

huhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhu

It would seem that some people might have mistaken the Megumi in my previous comment with Amano Megumi when I was actually referring to this much more adorable goddess by the same author
Spoiler
Fyi, her name is also Megumi. Megumi Arashi. I have no reason at all to bring Amano Megumi into this lmao, Megumi Arashi wins over both Yukino in this series and Amano ez.

>run off the mill protagonist
Hahah no. Fuck this "perfectly plain ordinary MC" trope. Fuck it with a pole.

At least he isn't Yugami-kun. People praise that guy for being an asshat
>run off the mill protagonist Hahah no. Fuck this "perfectly plain ordinary MC" trope. Fuck it with a pole.

Maaaaan!

Main girl a good one for once!!

Also I don't like the blondie.

Instantly recognized the art style from that lewd art model senpai manga.

In a lot of manga like this, the hero love one girl since a long time but fall for the main girl just bcz.

Im 100% blonde cos nobody takes away my free time!!!!! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ok, which girl will win? the blonde or the black-haired? probably the black one i guess. tsk

Why not both ?

because japan doesnt like harem end ... -.-!

ok, which girl will win? the blonde or the black-haired? probably the black one i guess. tsk

Why not both ?

Good to see the author has another series. And all the characters seem likeable so far. Thanks for picking this one up.

I prefer the black haired girl. She isn't really arrogant. She's protecting her rep, but she isn't some violent tsundere. Unlike some other manga. She's cute too and nice to mc
Am I the only one who thinks the main heroine is way cuter and hotter than Amano? I feel as if she's some sort of closet biatch hiding in a facade. Not sure though.

Man I'd read anything by Rough Sketch Senpai author any day but the main girl is making it difficult when Megumi exists.

I think the longer descriptions are translations of the back-of-the-tankouban blurb, so they're professionally-written marketing material.

No tanko has descriptions THAT long. It's almost a review of the first chapter/volume...

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics