Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.63 - 233votes)

Exterminator

Alt Names: alt 駆除人alt 방역업자(구제인)alt Kujonin
Author: Hana Kuroko
Artist: Asakawa Keiji
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyHarem HaremRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: An exterminator dies and finds himself in a fantasy world, without any skill with the sword or wand he carries on doing what he knows best.

Korean scans : http://marumaru.in/b/manga/226118
Go to Exterminator Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

293 Comments

This MC seems on par with Tarou from Owe to Kawazu-san no Isekai Hourouki with the way he goes about things. Wish someone would translate the WN...

I'm kind of surprised he's not taking any precautions for sewer gas, which could be lethal in various ways. And where did he get the helmet with the electric lamp? This being a fantasy setting you'd think harnessed electricity would be unknown.
MidoriKitzune
Jul 16 2017 06:47 PM

LOL

An OP ISEKAI novel based manga.

WITH actualy plot!

*rubs his eyes*

i can beleifeeee thiisiseeess!

...and it has loli elf + foxgirl.... mostly foxgirl.

Decent start (for an isekai), but one thing seriously worries me; he uses the same gloves throughout - handles toxic substances, touches the granny, guild exchanges, probably has his meals with them on as well. At this rate, he'll start a friggin plague.

yup and thats is why he's called exterminator,,,start with poison end it with plaque.. :)

Is there no web novel or ligth novel of this around?

Decent start (for an isekai), but one thing seriously worries me; he uses the same gloves throughout - handles toxic substances, touches the granny, guild exchanges, probably has his meals with them on as well. At this rate, he'll start a friggin plague.

Page 20 > Hahaha, granny harem, that's new LOL Page 43 > .......LUCKY BASTARD!!!

isekai. isekai everywhere

Yep. This is going to be a good series. And dangit, I was hoping to find a light novel somewhere but no such luck. Definitely keeping an eye on this.

All the noob adventures are going to be pissed when they find out he killed all of the mobs in the forest without even having to go into it.

Sooooo on pg 11, the main character assumes 50 notts = 5000 yen, and he makes an hourly salary of 1000 yen. But is it really??

This manga was released in 2017 so we will go by the price of gold of that year which is $39.50/1g of gold. (source goldprice)

Since the weight of gold in the coin is not given in the manga, I have to make a rather LARGE assumption of how much gold is really in the 100 nott coin. I will assume the weight is 31.1g of gold/ 1 gold coin which is the typical weight of pure gold in the "American Gold Eagle" coin.

(39.50 USD / 1 g of gold) * (112.54 yen / 1 USD) * (31.1 g of pure gold/ 1 gold coin) * (1 gold coin / 100 notts) * (10 notts / 1 silver coin)

= 13824 yen / 1 silver coin.

I am assuming it took him about 5 hours to clean the house because his conversion to hourly salary from 5000 yen / (1000 yen/1 hr) = 5 hr.

Therefore, he would have actually got paid 69120 yen in total for his 5 hours of work cleaning. On page 11, he has only 4 coins in his hands; however, page 9, the owner is shown giving him 5 coins.

So the hourly wage is approximately 13824 yen / 1 hr. Put that in perspective, the minimum wage in japan is 714 to 932 yen / hr. 

For his lodging it costs 20 notts; (13824 yen / 1 silver coin ) * 2 silver coins = 27648 yen. 

For completeness, I will calculate silver since he was actually paid in silver coins.

($0.52 USD / 1 gram of silver) * (112.54 yen / 1 USD) * (31.101 g / 1 silver coin) = 1820 yen / 1 silver coin is the actual amount of raw material he was paid.

However, if one wanted to calculate the actually conversion between yen to nott, I believe it would follow a logarithmic pattern.

Conversion for 1 nott = 1 copper coin

($2.6699 USD/ 1 lb) * (1 lb / 453.592g) * (112,54 yen / 1 USD) * (13.48g / 1 penny) = 9 yen, the weight was taken from an american penny at 1793(100% copper).

Plotting this into excel, it matches power series quite well with an R^2 of 0.9966. Therefore, with some confidence I can say the conversion between nott and yen is (nott) = 10.595(yen)^2.0932

So using this conversion ratio, he got paid about 2 yen in their world.

This assumes the typical coin has 31.1g of pure gold, 31.101g of pure silver, and 13.48g of pure copper in manga's world. But hey, it's just a theory, a manga theory. Thanks for reading.

You are applying to the values of this world.
The price of metals vary according to the difficulty of obtaining
There is no way to know the proportion of gold/silver per ton of earth in the other world unless it is said
And you're right, the value depends a lot on the purity.

Spoiler

That needs to stop.
It makes sense to compare currency only when production values are similar, or when you still have your local currency to make comparisons with, to see if life is more expensive over there.
Otherwise, it's completely arbitrary and meaningless. It's just there for a convenient mental calculation that is most certainly inaccurate. I want at least 1 story to stop doing that, and instead have the MC calculate costs based on necessities.
"Oh, 2 meals and a place to sleep are about 20 coppers. That job gets me 3 days of living expenses, not bad!"

Naturally, that mindset stops working when you're working with "a payroll that gets you 2,000 days of living expenses", but if you're working with numbers that are THAT BIG, it's already safe to assume that the characters are accustomed to the world and already have an intuitive sense for value.
Honestly, that tidbit is getting so much hate every single time a new isekai is posted, that I don't get how I never saw even one story make a point out of doing it differently.

Nothing wrong with what he (the story) did, he doesn't need to have access to Yen to make this comparison. All he did was a basic straight conversion which any of us would likely do when moving to a new place with no real knowledge of cost of living. Basically he is saying to himself he is making 10 Nott per hour instead of his previous 1000 yen/hr (for cleaning). It is just for a frame of reference to know how much his job pays in his old currency even if it is "useless".

People do the same in the real world and it is similarly useless even with access to your old currency as most people aren't conducting some sort of currency arbitrage. An example is when people see prices/wages in other countries. You hear about "sweat shops" on the news, people making $1 USD per day in some poor country right? How many go further and talk about how much that $1 buys in that country? Or you hear the minimum wage is $xx.xx in some other area, yet no mention how much it costs to live there. Nobody plans on converting their money or anything it is just a (useless) frame of reference.

It isn't accurate, but perfectly natural. He late goes on to calculate his housing expenses so he knows he needs to make more money. So no big deal.

...it's aryt

Sooooo on pg 11, the main character assumes 50 notts = 5000 yen, and he makes an hourly salary of 1000 yen. But is it really??
This manga was released in 2017 so we will go by the price of gold of that year which is $39.50/1g of gold. (source goldprice)
Since the weight of gold in the coin is not given in the manga, I have to make a rather LARGE assumption of how much gold is really in the 100 nott coin. I will assume the weight is 31.1g of gold/ 1 gold coin which is the typical weight of pure gold in the "American Gold Eagle" coin.

(39.50 USD / 1 g of gold) * (112.54 yen / 1 USD) * (31.1 g of pure gold/ 1 gold coin) * (1 gold coin / 100 notts) * (10 notts / 1 silver coin)

I am assuming it took him about 5 hours to clean the house because his conversion to hourly salary from 5000 yen / (1000 yen/1 hr) = 5 hr.
Therefore, he would have actually got paid 69120 yen in total for his 5 hours of work cleaning. On page 11, he has only 4 coins in his hands; however, page 9, the owner is shown giving him 5 coins.
So the hourly wage is approximately 13824 yen / 1 hr. Put that in perspective, the minimum wage in japan is 714 to 932 yen / hr. 
For his lodging it costs 20 notts; (13824 yen / 1 silver coin ) * 2 silver coins = 27648 yen. 
For completeness, I will calculate silver since he was actually paid in silver coins.
($0.52 USD / 1 gram of silver) * (112.54 yen / 1 USD) * (31.101 g / 1 silver coin) = 1820 yen / 1 silver coin is the actual amount of raw material he was paid.
However, if one wanted to calculate the actually conversion between yen to nott, I believe it would follow a logarithmic pattern.
($2.6699 USD/ 1 lb) * (1 lb / 453.592g) * (112,54 yen / 1 USD) * (13.48g / 1 penny) = 9 yen, the weight was taken from an american penny at 1793(100% copper).
Plotting this into excel, it matches power series quite well with an R^2 of 0.9966. Therefore, with some confidence I can say the conversion between nott and yen is (nott) = 10.595(yen)^2.0932

This assumes the typical coin has 31.1g of pure gold, 31.101g of pure silver, and 13.48g of pure copper in manga's world. But hey, it's just a theory, a manga theory. Thanks for reading.

I sure hope there is an accounting isekai in the future. Also, you would make a killing in the Spice and Wolf world.

How amusing. I'm curious where the series is heading after this.

Will a slime girl ever appear in the future to help with exterminating or cleaning duties?

.... What!? That few or am I reading it wrong?

Also, although people often complain about reincarnation/isekai type of manga, I can recommend this series because this is a pretty unique way to approach to isekai stories. For now we don't have any kind of forced storytelling of 'Human world is fighting against the Demon King blahblahblah..' because we only see that the MC is working with a short-termed goal, which is to-- nevermind, I ain't spoiling anything. Furthermore, the pace seems slow and relaxed unlike the usual isekai stories in which the MC joins an adventurer's guild. (I don't know about this one, I may lack research)

I don't know, maybe the concept 'isekai' may turn future readers off but personally I don't mind as long as it is well-executed!

Spoiler

That needs to stop.
It makes sense to compare currency only when production values are similar, or when you still have your local currency to make comparisons with, to see if life is more expensive over there.
Otherwise, it's completely arbitrary and meaningless. It's just there for a convenient mental calculation that is most certainly inaccurate. I want at least 1 story to stop doing that, and instead have the MC calculate costs based on necessities.
"Oh, 2 meals and a place to sleep are about 20 coppers. That job gets me 3 days of living expenses, not bad!"

Naturally, that mindset stops working when you're working with "a payroll that gets you 2,000 days of living expenses", but if you're working with numbers that are THAT BIG, it's already safe to assume that the characters are accustomed to the world and already have an intuitive sense for value.
Honestly, that tidbit is getting so much hate every single time a new isekai is posted, that I don't get how I never saw even one story make a point out of doing it differently.

To be honest.. it's literally an errant thought. The MC having an errant thought isn't exactly a bad thing you know. How many times have you personally thought of something completely pointless... just because? Getting money and deciding.. "hmm what would this have been like at home" is more of a matter of sense of scale more than anything else. It's just a random useless thing to think about when first getting money. There have been many times where I've pointlessly calculated out things for no real reason other than I was bored then again maybe I'm just crazy.

Spoiler

That needs to stop.

It's what he can buy for the "nott" in the world he lives in that's important. A room for the night in RPGland is 20 notts, a cheap hotel room in a city in Japan is about fifty bucks (I've paid 4400 yen a night for a salaryman hotel room in central Tokyo). Assuming the economics scales to things like food then he's only getting about a hundred bucks a day at most -- isekai world food tends to be cheap for some reason (manga meat!) but again in Japan you can eat cheap if you know what you're doing -- MacDonalds 100 yen specials, udon stalls and of course the ever-open Yoshinoya gyudon places.

Gold coins in that world aren't super-valuable, they're just coins that circulate at face value rather than being over-valued collector's items. There are things in that world like healing potions and cat girls we can't buy at any price even with gold and we have things here like Internet connection and clean tap water that they can't buy at any price, even with gold.

Exactly, his estimates are based on cost of living, there's no point in doing anything else if you can't travel back and forth because there's no arbitration and thus no shared scale of value.

so Kamira was hiding her age? lol

It's what he can buy for the "nott" in the world he lives in that's important. A room for the night in RPGland is 20 notts, a cheap hotel room in a city in Japan is about fifty bucks (I've paid 4400 yen a night for a salaryman hotel room in central Tokyo). Assuming the economics scales to things like food then he's only getting about a hundred bucks a day at most -- isekai world food tends to be cheap for some reason (manga meat!) but again in Japan you can eat cheap if you know what you're doing -- MacDonalds 100 yen specials, udon stalls and of course the ever-open Yoshinoya gyudon places.

Gold coins in that world aren't super-valuable, they're just coins that circulate at face value rather than being over-valued collector's items. There are things in that world like healing potions and cat girls we can't buy at any price even with gold and we have things here like Internet connection and clean tap water that they can't buy at any price, even with gold.

>dumps hazardous carcasses into pristine forested land

Fucking reporting this man right now https://www.epa.gov/enforcement/report-environmental-violations

Also, he specifically got permission to do it. So that should be fine.

The sudden power up is silly but who am I kidding, I have a weakness for dumb isekai where the MC does normal jobs and shit.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics