Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.6 - 197votes)

Kuragehime

Alt Names: alt くらげひめalt Kurage Himealt Princess Jellyfishalt 海月姫
Author: Higashimura Akiko
Artist: Higashimura Akiko
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaGender Bender Gender BenderJosei JoseiRomance RomanceSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Kurashita Tsukimi is an 18 year old 'kurage otaku' (jellyfish fanatic). She lives in Tokyo in an all-female apartment complex full of various types of otaku. They fear and despise beautiful, fashionable people while existing happily in their no-man, no make-up world.
That all changes when a 'hipster' saves the life of a jellyfish and intrudes upon Tsukimi's isolated existence. Things are made even more complicated when it turns out that the beautiful woman is actually a man in drag.
Go to Kuragehime Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion - current chapter spoilers go HERE New Window Shamune
  • 3 Replies

256 Comments

I'm actually tearing up for Kuranosuke. I'm still on his side. This is one strange situation when I'm truly torn between two love interests. I usually abhor love triangles and often want to smack the girl for not making up her dang mind, but this time it's very different. There's nothing scheming about Tsukimi, and she's already decided since the beginning; I just can't accept it 'cause, aww, my sweet Kuranosuke. D:

Nii-san is a very sweet, kind, decent guy (rich, too, ahem). On the other choice, it's not even that Kuranosuke is the bad boy type. He's certainly not staid, but the main reason I'm rooting for him is because he's been there since the beginning, and all the development she's had are thanks to him; they happened with him. Who will make Tsukimi happiest? Arrghh...
tsukimi doesn't like kuranosuke like that though, and he knows it
I think he's going to go punch his brother for being an old-fashioned dumbass and then shuu will go out with tsukimi normally
if the realtor lady comes back who knows what could happen though
pam pam pam marriage
I REALLY CURIOUS IF kurano WILL sabotage Shuu's chance with Tsukimi..... I don't know who to root for i am torn between the two brothers!
I think in the end the jellyfish is a SAFE BET!! =3
Volume 9 was pretty good! The extra was hilarious. Higashimura-sensei and the people in her life are so quirky, so funny.

Still rooting for Kuranosuke, the Lady Killer in Love. He's so in denial about his feelings for Tsukimi and she's clueless about it (and unfortunately for him, she's not interested either, for now).

Long wait for Volume 10, which probably won't be out until summer to early fall.
Why does every single chapter of this make me bust a gut laughing?
Another great chapter, was laughing most of the way through it. I'm also now rooting for Hanamori and Nisha as a couple since they work so well together. ;)
I am honestly torn between Shuu and Kuranosuke! I love them both in some strange way! And gosh, that letter...I can't believe he's writing a letter. XD
wow...what a strange way of thinking..writing a letterPosted Image
@ Purple Library Guy, yeah i think that Shuu and that evil-developer-woman will end up together too since the Higashimura-san is most likely gonna have Tsukimi end up with Kurano. & Hanamori will probably end up with his Mercedes.
Posted ImageAhhh Young Virgin Love
marshy09--Tsukimi with Shuu is nice in a way, but actually I'm rooting for Shuu and evil-developer-woman (which is what I suspect will happen in the end). OK, stand by for stone-age-looking statement & don't take it the wrong way:
Evil-developer-woman won't be so bad once she's tamed by the love of a good man.

No, really. Her problem is just that she doesn't know what really makes her happy, so she's been filling in the blank by trying for money and power.
Meanwhile, I love all the characters. Every single one of them. Every person in this manga is capable of taking over a scene and making it brilliant. Even the sweet-shop guy, for Pete's sake. I am in awe of Higashimura-sensei's ability to dream up such vivid people.
This chapter was so cute and heartbreaking on so many levels :3
Hanamori-san makes this manga just even more awesome xD His attitude is just hilarious!
a cliffhangerrrrr!!!! i dont know why but i prefer tsukimi with shuu than with kurano! shuu is just too cute!!!
Such a good chapter. Poor kuranosuke
Hanamori is awesome, just saying. :D
So good.
PG 15: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Love this moar and moar Tsukimi is so cute, great manga, the anime was good too, short but good, btw love the songs :3
i am so glad i stumbled upon ths, may i stumble upon more fun manga like these in the future!!

I can't wait for more!!...
*camps infront at the entrance of hajimitsu scans*
It was never dropped, you just have to be patient and wait for the volumes to be published. It is no regular magazine scan that's why you have to be patient after each volume is done. Why don't you visit their homepage http://hachimitsu-scans.blogspot.de/ and see for yourself :-)

Hanamori is just too damn hilarious, I couldn't stop laughing at his actions and his costume xD
Posted ImageI'm just happy someone is scanlating this Manga again...

Hachimitsu Scans I Thank You Posted Image
So shocked that a new chapter came out. Finally!!
Oh, man! Higashimura-san's still got it. Nothing much happened--it was so good!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics