Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.44 - 108votes)

Next Life

Alt Names: alt ネクストライフalt 转生奇谭alt 넥스트 라이프
Author: Aino Jin
Artist: Ichikura Tokage
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyRomance RomanceSeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Yamada Takashi lost his life in the snowy mountains—that is what he thought, but he then appeared in an unknown place; another world that looked like the game he played. Moreover there are many things that he doesn't know... While puzzled, he still retains the strongest class ability and is relieved.

High rank magician, "Wise man" Marius is still living till today.
Go to Next Life Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Raws New Window garismaatti
  • 0 Replies

95 Comments

God damn japan, think up a new idea.

Also, learn the difference between a kobold and a gnoll.

Japanese western-fantasy is highly influenced by old-school DnD, more specifically 2e, where Kobolds were dog-like. Same with how Japanese portray orcs as pig-men.

God damn japan, think up a new idea.

Also, learn the difference between a kobold and a gnoll.

I have nothing again Isekai genre of WN, OP Mc with an army of generic, one dimension girls is also fine. But why it always has to be a game-like world, complete with a game system that has mini map, exp, monster dropping item and money, level up, stats upgrade, skill upgrade and all that MMO trope?

Why can't it be a normal sword and magic world?

Because it's easier this way for (bad) authors.

If a isekai have jrpg system, you already know it will be (very) bad, 95% of time.

The best Isekai like Mushoku tensei don't have this, and it's better like that.

This is also why almost every one of these goddamn things has an Adventurer's Guild. (shoot me now I am so tired of that trope)

Guilds were things that actually existed in the real-world medieval period, so it makes some sense that there would be some sort of organization that manages/coordinates the adventurers in fantasy medieval settings.  The quest mechanic also ensures that you don't have different groups tripping over each other to try to do the same one-off task, and ranking keeps noobs from getting in over their heads.

If not for something like that, then adventurers would all be off doing their own things, with no coordination, and no way to judge how skilled they were.

Link's Awakening is not isekai at all. He already lives in a fantasy world, not coming from a modern world, he fights monsters to begin with. Besides, he got thrown into the divine whale's dream, so he's not dreaming, I think, or he would've drowned already.

Well, I think it's possible to be sent to a world with similar tropes, it doesn't necessarily have to be modern to fantasy; it's just the favorite. Hell, Shadowrun is Science Fiction with fantasy races awakening. And yes, Link was waterlogged. What doesn't make a whole hell of a lot of sense is that Marin was apparently a seagull the whole time. And Wart/Mamu from Mario 2/Doki Doki Panic was also in it. So we have another dream being in a dreamworld controlled by sentient nightmares. What? Also, a pretty funny spin on the genre was Simon the Sorcerer 2: the fantasy world doesn't play Dungeons and Dragons but rather Apartments and Accountants. It's attention to detail like that which makes stories memorable.

The whole "It was a coma" and so on explanations are some of the weaker classes of alternative spins. They really require no real effort on the part of the writer. In the creepypasta groups, it's become the telltale sign that someone is new. However, their particular approach when using the coma etc explanations always does seem to provide some insight on how to direct them to develop their writing skills.

I have read one though it is not japanese. Mc is hunting criminals amd in this world criminals turn into monsters with powers. He have the same power as them(foreshadow) . His relatives was killed by them . In the final boss battle the criminal king turn out to be himself. Turns out he is in a coma and the one who killed them is himself and the whole story is just him regretting his actions.

There are times when I think "isekai" is just a dream where the person that "died" actually is stuck in a coma after the life-threatening event and they are living in a coma dream of something they enjoyed while alive. It would be amusing to find an isekai story with that ending.

The whole "It was a coma" and so on explanations are some of the weaker classes of alternative spins. They really require no real effort on the part of the writer. In the creepypasta groups, it's become the telltale sign that someone is new. However, their particular approach when using the coma etc explanations always does seem to provide some insight on how to direct them to develop their writing skills.

Link's Awakening might fit, though it's more like his consciousness was linked to the dream world of a divine whale. I'm serious. 

Link's Awakening is not isekai at all. He already lives in a fantasy world, not coming from a modern world, he fights monsters to begin with. Besides, he got thrown into the divine whale's dream, so he's not dreaming, I think, or he would've drowned already.

There are times when I think "isekai" is just a dream where the person that "died" actually is stuck in a coma after the life-threatening event and they are living in a coma dream of something they enjoyed while alive. It would be amusing to find an isekai story with that ending.

Have you played (or read here the manga adaptation) Eternal Sonata/Trusty Bell?

So like the PC game The Whispered World (the fantasy setting was because his father was reading the little boy stories while he was in a coma).

Link's Awakening might fit, though it's more like his consciousness was linked to the dream world of a divine whale. I'm serious. 

Lizard girls are better. You can chain them up and amputate them repeatedly for free protein.

Spoiler

You're assuming readers actually want such a thing. If they did, they'd read some normal novels instead. But they're reading light novels (or web novels in the light novel format) for a reason.

same reason fanfiction.net still exists. everybody loves garbage, even me #holler

Priorities: speaking, onsen, magic practice. Wish the happy days could last longer before the drama sets in.

Because they are lazy. Instead of explaining *how* something works, they find it easier to just grab a template that readers will already understand. (JRPG mechanics) This is also why almost every one of these goddamn things has an Adventurer's Guild. (shoot me now I am so tired of that trope)

Don't get me wrong. I'm fine with RPG mechanics existing in a world that was supposed to be a game, or was a game become real. But outside of that, it seems extremely lazy.

You're assuming readers actually want such a thing. If they did, they'd read some normal novels instead. But they're reading light novels (or web novels in the light novel format) for a reason.

Lizard girls are better. You can chain them up and amputate them repeatedly for free protein.

Thinking of poor Liz from Death March.

That's a fate more befitting Liz and Ard from Wild Arms 2.

Im starting to think Isekai is like crack, it doesnt matter how bad it is you keep wanting more. Next thing you know, you are following 7 isekai web novels that are badly translated and eating every manga adaption that comes out.

It's because Isekai is a genre with infinite potential. Some of the best stories in the world are a variant of Isekai. Being so popular, it also attracted lots of bad authors with no imagination, but that's not the fault of the genre itself.

Every time I read an over used Isekai trope I lose some of my brain cells 

But why it always has to be a game-like world, complete with a game system that has mini map, exp, monster dropping item and money, level up, stats upgrade, skill upgrade and all that MMO trope?

Because they are lazy. Instead of explaining *how* something works, they find it easier to just grab a template that readers will already understand. (JRPG mechanics) This is also why almost every one of these goddamn things has an Adventurer's Guild. (shoot me now I am so tired of that trope)

Don't get me wrong. I'm fine with RPG mechanics existing in a world that was supposed to be a game, or was a game become real. But outside of that, it seems extremely lazy.

I feel so sorry for the friend...  One moment talking about playing games when they get back, the next his friend's dead.

I feel more sorry for the orc and kobold, who were just having a casual conversation before

GET BACK, MONSTER SCUM. IMMA STUN U

I feel so sorry for the friend...  One moment talking about playing games when they get back, the next his friend's dead.

2020, nobody's left in Japan. Everybody's gone to the rapt... Isekai.

ISEKAI!!!!

We seriously need a tag for that!!!

Batoto you hear me?

ISEKAI!!!!

Spoiler

That kid in the spoiler reminds me of someone...

alg-smoking-baby-jpg.jpg

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics