Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.72 - 317votes)

Kusuriya no Hitorigoto

Alt Names: alt 药屋少女的呢喃alt 薬屋のひとりごとalt 약사의 혼잣말alt The Pharmacist's Monologuealt The Pharmacist's Soliloquies
Author: Hyuuga Natsu
Artist: Nekokurage
Genres: Drama DramaHistorical HistoricalMedical MedicalMystery MysterySeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: In the imperial court, a young woman is put into servitude, Maomao. The tale is just beginning for the woman doctor/pharmacist from the red-light district, as rumors circulate about the emperor's children's lives being short-lived. Her curious nature and thirst for knowledge pushes her to action. To satisfy her curiosity, this young doctor/pharmacist will investigate the origin! What is shifting in the imperial court..!?
Go to Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

306 Comments

It's interesting, but it really sounds like it's from a LN. The constant soliloquy of the MC is typical.

It's an isekai without the Truck-kun prop. A person with knowledge beyond her age and station put in a situation were she has to use it, and her wits and so becomes super important.

But I lke the MC. She's caught between not wanting to stand out, being wary of that man and her "mad scientist" instincts.

And this man is probably from the Emperor's family, not and eunuch. Maybe a romance will start, but I think *he* will be the one pursuing her first.

Let's see...
A deductive intellectual person and the taller of the two...
A curious and pharmacy-knowledgeable person and the shorter of the two...

Hello ancient Japanese (or maybe Chinese? Korean?) 's Holmes and Watson duo. :P

Jokes aside, the first chapter is good, and i wish future chapters will also have this mystery-solving atmosphere.

I think, it's ancient Chinese, because it looks similar to what depicted in other manga/tv series /movies about ancient Chinese empire.. Besides, Maomao and Jinshi? Sounds like Chinese name

Anyway, I'm glad someone's translating it...

FYI I'm not the one who translated this, merely uploaded it for them because they were having troubles without Contributor status. Same anon who did Chapter 1 is responsible for Chapter 2.

Chapter 2 got translated

Might have something to do with the bishounen being a eunuch.

Spoiler

if anyone can provide the raws and TL, i can do the TS. i haven't done it before, but i have GIMP and a lot of time on my hands

Raws for Chapter 2 have been out for a while now.  Someone needs to pick this up!

As of now, interesting

'Flag Crusher'... that's quite a tag. To say that one's own work defies conventions, hmm...

Well, I suppose it's no more presumptuous than calling one's own work a deconstruction of any more specific trope(s).

Might have something to do with the bishounen being a eunuch.

This is good. I want moaarr

Dear author, thank you for making the hot guy,
Spoiler
I would not ship this main character with such an emperor. I approve if this turn of this events, and perhaps this kind of conflict as well. This approval will be negated if someone doesn't deal with the kidnappers soon. :P (dunno why I suddenly felt like talking like that)

Seems nice, especially MC slowly considering things, but

Spoiler

The chinese atmosphere is strong and the story is very intelligent, I'm hooked <3

I get what you're talking about but Japanese authors usually uses 'harem' tag in the modern meaning of it (as the relationship, not the place) and I was simply refering to that.

Actually agree with your point but your 'Oh come on' preface comes out as condenscending to me... I don't know whether it's intentional but I hope it's not.

Ah well, i was actually also replying to Neorasp about his joke. Considering the harem mentioned in this manga is very different in technicality to what Harem tag is usually about. Hence his joke really is a miss.

I see, i guess i do can came of a little unfriendly there. Edited!

Spoiler

Glad to see that you've managed to upload it in spite of the "Maximum size: 2MB" glitch. :P

There is no reason whatsoever for a single manga page to be bigger than 1MB, much less 2MB.

Apparently the author tagged his series as 'R-15', 'Cruelty Depiction', 'Romance', 'Deduction', 'Chinese Atmosphere', and 'Flag Crusher' >_> By the way, this is a Light Novel adaptation.

'Flag Crusher'... that's quite a tag. To say that one's own work defies conventions, hmm...

Well, I suppose it's no more presumptuous than calling one's own work a deconstruction of any more specific trope(s).

Huh. Seems very interesting.

Oh come on, it's clear the Harem here refer to it's original and possibly oldest meaning, a prohibited (to public) and private area where many wives of one reside. It's a "place", not a "group".

I get what you're talking about but Japanese authors usually uses 'harem' tag in the modern meaning of it (as the relationship, not the place) and I was simply refering to that.

Actually agree with your point but your 'Oh come on' preface comes out as condenscending to me... I don't know whether it's intentional but I hope it's not.

Apparently the author tagged her series as 'flag crusher', so it might be the opposite: she's trying to evade being included in harem >_> This is a LN adaptation btw

Come on guys, it's clear the Harem here refer to it's original and possibly oldest meaning, a prohibited (to public) and private area where many wives of one reside. It's a "place", not a "group".

Spoiler

I find it funny that a manga about a harem doesn't have the 'harem' tag.

Apparently the author tagged his series as 'R-15', 'Cruelty Depiction', 'Romance', 'Deduction', 'Chinese Atmosphere', and 'Flag Crusher' >_> By the way, this is a Light Novel adaptation.

I changed the Author name from "Natsu Hinata" to "Natsu Hyuuga" since the author specified the reading as Hyuuga in the furigana (from the author's syosetsu page / you can zoom in the cover and look at the furigana above the author's name):

ユーザネーム: 日向夏, フリガナ: ひゅうがなつ

This looks great! Can't wait to read more.
Big ups to priamos! You did a great job. Hope to see more.
Spoiler

I find it funny that a manga about a harem doesn't have the 'harem' tag.

Nice. Hope a group picks it up

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics