Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.06 - 33votes)

Innocent Devil

Alt Names: alt イノセントデビル
Author: Nakamura Moto
Artist: Souichirou
Genres: Action ActionHorror HorrorPsychological PsychologicalShounen ShounenSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: "Jack the Ripper; Ed Gein; Andrei Chikatilo; John Wayne Gacy; Jeffrey Dahmer - separate from these serial killers who shocked the world, there exist offenders known as "Innocent Devils", who murder without malice. A criminal psychologist and her beautiful assistant probe the depths their minds." By Timeless Scans
Go to Innocent Devil Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

53 Comments

Is she just not going to face repercussions for stabbing a child?

Never underestimate the ability of the Ministry of Economy, Trade, and Industry to sweep inconvenient murders under the rug.

Given that the kid was basically collateral damage to a battle that the government doesn't want the public to know? Yes.

If anything they probably went in with possibility of collateral damage in mind already, especially knowing that devils will do ANYTHING to survive, others' lives be damned.

Spoiler

OK, now I see the difference between "them" and psychopaths...

Aren't these innocent devils basically psychopaths (ie incapable of feeling emotion) ?

from the little that was shown until now it's a type of psychopathy, the kind that's normally not a sociopath and only kills as the means, not the end. And they have feelings, but kind of different and can prioritize, of sorts. Of course normally it's not that ease to weaponize it as shown in here, if it's really "just" psychopathy, but hey, manga. (I'm not a psychologist, neurologist or anything like that, just have a friend that is one and is a nightmare to his therapist)

will batoto ever get a "crazy bitch" tag?

this work here really needs it and Its almost a genre apart from psychological horror.

...Well, that escalated fast.

The tone of this is absolutely atrocious. It's like it wants to appeal to the lowest common denominator with the lol so random loli sensei and big titty psychopath, and then it suddenly wants to be dark and psychological in the blink of an eye. Settle for one or the other, don't do this awful attempt at mixing the two, because it just doesn't work.

I think the schizophrenic approach lends the story a certain charm.

The work is highly stylized, prioritizing narration over realism. This can detract from the reader's emotional investment - Akane's flashbacks feel so out of place that they just do nothing to elicit sympathy, but they do effectively highlight what an unstable and broken person she is.

On the other hand, the little domestic scenes between her and Kamijou do make me feel something for them as characters. They draw heavily on stereotype, but in a way that serves their personalities. Kamijou looks like a child, but there are no silly gags where she's mistaken for a kid. Instead, her appearance ties in with her anxious and excitable nature (there are silly gags, but those more often reference the stereotype of the distracted professor, lost in her research and out of touch with societal norms). Akane is adept at manipulating people, but she's not a stereotypical sociopath. She feels sad, and she genuinely cares for Kamijou.

Overall, I'm still not sure what (if anything) the author is trying to say. This might just be a pulpy slasher story with a veneer of psychological analysis. I think it's trying to be more, but even if that's all there is, it's still a lot of fun.

The tone of this is absolutely atrocious. It's like it wants to appeal to the lowest common denominator with the lol so random loli sensei and big titty psychopath, and then it suddenly wants to be dark and psychological in the blink of an eye. Settle for one or the other, don't do this awful attempt at mixing the two, because it just doesn't work.

No idea what an innocent devil is even supposed to be. So they kill without motive and has no remorse. That doesn't say shit about what they're like when they're not punching through someone's eye socket to their brains, or how they're a step up from mankind at all. Also all these "taking the best course of action" shit reminds me way too much of a certain spider girl. Considering how that one turns out to be....

Thats not how alignments work.

Agreed. That's trying do malform the alignment system, which explicity is meant as an abstraction layer for systems where "Evil" is an actual, tangible force and apply it to our own reality. 

Neutral Evil is neutral, because the person will act on their own benefits, regardless of morality or circumstances. Evil, because their actions are actually Evil and can be prevented or hindered by mechanisms. 

Doesn't work here all that much. 

Basically, the purest definition for em' here, is Neutral Evil. :v
Act in ways which we consider evil, but they treat their actions as something natural, something that is not good or bad, just something that 'is'.

Thats not how alignments work.

will batoto ever get a "crazy bitch" tag?

Basically, the purest definition for em' here, is Neutral Evil. :v
Act in ways which we consider evil, but they treat their actions as something natural, something that is not good or bad, just something that 'is'.

She's just a run of the mill sociopath. There's not really any big mystery to it.

This reminds me of Happy Sugar Life. Coincidentally, it is as much disgustingly bad as that trash. Also, what's kind of pseudo-psychology from Wikipedia is that?

Happy Sugar Life isn't trash it's just not so good as it believes itself to be.

that said it's still better than this. But loli sensei is getting me hooked.

I am a shallow person

This reminds me of Happy Sugar Life.

You aren't the only one who's noticed the similarities.

Spoiler

This reminds me of Happy Sugar Life. Coincidentally, it is as much disgustingly bad as that trash. Also, what's kind of pseudo-psychology from Wikipedia is that?

Aren't these innocent devils basically psychopaths (ie incapable of feeling emotion) ?

"Psychopathy" as you describe it is almost entirely fictional. The closest defined disorder, Anti-Social Personality Disorder, is much more complicated, and definitely doesn't include "inability to feel emotion". Still, this is fiction, so perhaps that's how "psychopaths" in this story work (no sign of that yet).

In any case, it's pretty obvious from this chapter that Akane is capable of feeling emotion. She is quite depressed and introspective at the end of the chapter, and she seems to genuinely care about Kamijou.

I'm not really sure what the author is going for, but it seems like that line "kill without remorse" is not a very good description, since it also covers a whole bunch of other pathological murderers. This is the source of the principal's misunderstanding - he thinks he's an Innocent Devil when in reality he's just a really irritated teacher who takes out his frustration by murdering problem students. So clearly there is a distinction, it's just not clear exactly what it is.

I wonder how these Innocent devils are different from bona fide psychopaths...

Not a very good first chapter, but I think the setup might lend itself to something decent maybe. So let's see where this goes I guess.

What kind of angle is it? I'm pretty sure it's not the RIGHT angle given the name.

It's... a cute angle?

The best artwork in the world cannot make up for a terrible plot.

reading the description...bla bla bla bla..."and her beautiful assistant probe the depths their minds." SOLD..."By Timeless Scans"...INSTANT FOLLOW

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics