Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (3.81 - 26votes)

Ichigo 100% - East Side Story

Alt Names:
Author: Kawashita Mizuki
Artist: Kawashita Mizuki
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A side story from the original one from another perspective.
Go to Ichigo 100% - East Side Story Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Recruit a translator and a proofreader for Ichigo 100% East Side Story New Window Mana Light
  • 0 Replies

59 Comments

Let it be known that... Ichigo 100% is the first manga where the best girl won.

*runs away*

this, preach it! fuck the first girl always wins trope

or that they're setting Satsuki to lose again. 

i know... i always liked Satsuki more! i really do hope this is not another story where she has to suffer

Don't know what pissses me off the most, that the MC is so similar to the last one even down to the family name which is just Manaka rearranged, that the girls are still not over him even after three years, despite the original MC being nothing to write home about, or that they're setting Satsuki to lose again. This guy is loyal? Don't make me laugh. As a Manaka clone he'll end up as spineless and wishy-washy as him. Which girls here absolutely love.

I'm pretty sure that all the ManakaxAya fans would hate seeing this. Obviously the other girls would have had to move on at the end of the original series, but I think it's one of those things that's best left to the imagination. Seeing a continuation with their own eyes that is in of itself a reminder that their pairing didn't happen would just be salt in the wounds for them, especially since they had to get over it years ago only for this sequel to start now.

It has been more than 10 years since the original. I'm sure the Japanese audience who read it back then has move on by now. I doubt anyone will care if Aya gets with another dude at this point.

Now, if the author tried to publish it one or two years after the original ended, that would have been a problem. You could say now is the perfect moment to publish this.

Finally, Aya gets her due. Maybe this will be a more mature story, since the characters are a bit older. That would be a nice change of pace.

>Gratuitous panty shot, book inexplicably mashed into cleavage.

...guess not. But that's Kawashita Mizuki for you. Hopefully Aya ends up happy without too much unnecessary drama.

shhhhhhttt!!! what's the description of this manga???!!! i love the ichigo 100% and i really want to know what's the story of this one!!!

the story of the black hair girl getting a dude

mfw by complete coincidence I started this on the exact date I started the original six years ago.

Never mind, I was a month off.

Are you talking about the part when...

Spoiler

You are correct

Spoiler
Let it be known that... Ichigo 100% is the first manga where the best girl won.

*runs away*

shhhhhhttt!!! what's the description of this manga???!!! i love the ichigo 100% and i really want to know what's the story of this one!!!

Whu....who......at what point was that ever implied? Because according to my memories, at least 90% of Manaka's interactions with Nishino are stuttering, awkward silence, and general social fumbling. Nevermind

Spoiler
, I cannot remember them having a single meaningful interaction EVER. Their entire relationship was built off a misunderstanding to begin with. Toujou Aya was clearly more suited for Manaka in every way. It may have been many years, but I still find it hard to believe anything happened between Manaka and Nishino.

The School festival at the end even implied that Manaka and Aya suited each other best because

Spoiler

I'm not sure if you've simply skimmed the manga or have chosen to ignore the Nishino-related events that took place.  You can't possibly tell me that you've forgotten:

Spoiler

Those are just some of the events that come to my mind.  I'm sure there are many others, but I'm also sure you get my point: there are a lot of significant interactions that happen between Nishino and Manaka; enough for him to make a decision on which girl to choose in the end.

And if you're saying that the key indicator that Manaka and Toujo are the perfect couple because of their paired numbers, you've probably forgotten that

Spoiler

meh

can we have anedoki sequel next please

INSTA-FOLLOW!

Damn, after several years, we finally get something for Aya. Please let her be happy now.. But she still hasn't forgotten about Junpei. Damn you Junpei!!!

I'll just think of this as an alternate world, or rather, the previous didn't exists.. Yeah, that's good for my heart.

IMO if you thought the ending to Ichigo 100% was "wrong" then you really didn't pay attention to the story. Don't get me wrong, nothing bad about liking one girl over the other, but the story definitely was going the direction it ended the whole time. I don't even think people realize

Spoiler

Are you talking about the part when...

Spoiler

lol that's some strong PTSD

Whu....who......at what point was that ever implied? Because according to my memories, at least 90% of Manaka's interactions with Nishino are stuttering, awkward silence, and general social fumbling. Nevermind

Spoiler
, I cannot remember them having a single meaningful interaction EVER. Their entire relationship was built off a misunderstanding to begin with. Toujou Aya was clearly more suited for Manaka in every way. It may have been many years, but I still find it hard to believe anything happened between Manaka and Nishino.

The School festival at the end even implied that Manaka and Aya suited each other best because

Spoiler

If you really think that way you really should read it again, this time pay attention to the subtle messages as there are a lot. Plus it was Aya and Manaka that had all of the awkward silence scenes. After her "transformation" they never really talked much and there were a ton of misunderstandings between them. Nishino and Manaka on the other hand had a lot of very normal interactions, not many that stood out as heavy and emotional, but lots of important development. She cleared up every single misunderstanding he had about her.

I wanna see if how many caught the part I am talking about so I won't reveal that yet, but I will mention another very early interaction. Do you remember the part where Nishino asks Manaka to shake her hand? Do you remember what that was really about? This is very early in the story when they first dated btw.

IMO if you thought the ending to Ichigo 100% was "wrong" then you really didn't pay attention to the story. Don't get me wrong, nothing bad about liking one girl over the other, but the story definitely was going the direction it ended the whole time. I don't even think people realize

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

After so many years, finally the story of Toujou Aya

nice to see mizuki kawashita back in business. even if it's an old classic revamped. she deserved much more than only recent success with her samurai manga only to get cancelled after 5 volumes again.

When MC chose Nishino, I ended up throwing the book against the wall out of anger back then. That was over a decade ago, I feel old. :D

so she still didnt get over her high school crush huh?

an older onee-san romcom is not bad though..

I'm pretty sure that all the ManakaxAya fans would hate seeing this. Obviously the other girls would have had to move on at the end of the original series, but I think it's one of those things that's best left to the imagination. Seeing a continuation with their own eyes that is in of itself a reminder that their pairing didn't happen would just be salt in the wounds for them, especially since they had to get over it years ago only for this sequel to start now.

... dispite i liked this series years ago, still fuking pissed that i bought every translated volumes and Viz stopped it at vol 14 making it SEEMED it was concluded, but there was still another 2-3 volumes left if i remembered correctly This is one of many reasons why I never bothered buying localised books now.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics