Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.44 - 122votes)

If You're Gonna Dress Up, Do It Like This

Alt Names: alt Đã ăn diện thì phải ăn diện sao cho đúng.alt Do it this way if you wear the clothesalt 衣服要这么穿alt Fuku wo Kiru Nara Konna Fuu nialt 服を着るならこんなふうに
Author: Shimano Yae
Artist: Shimano Yae
Genres: Comedy ComedySeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Yuusuke, an average office worker meets with his friend at a reunion, only to find out that the fashion world has left him behind. Now, with the help of his sister Tamaki, Yuusuke must take his step into the world of trends and charisma.
Go to If You're Gonna Dress Up, Do It Like This Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

302 Comments

Nutrition is the only factor of importance in the food we eat. Taste is meaningless as an ascetic quality. Anyone who prioritizes taste in their consumption is an unrealistic fool who deserves to die of malnutrition.

Idk, taste can be pretty serious at time though, my mom forced to go almost have vegetarian diet because of health reason and sometimes she's just stressed because she can't eat some of her favourite food mmm...

fashion is for superficial people only,though.

Clothes are made to be worn as a tool for us to evade weather effects on our skin as well as insect bites, and to be unashamed for our bodies (many clothes fail in that aspect,though, especially if you're overweight af) because we don't have any fur to cover us up...

Being "trendy"/hipster/fashionista is just another way of people being retards.

Wonder why people still do wars? What can we expect of people who buy clothes because of "trends"/social pressure [and do the same for mobile phone types e.g., look at all those Japanese running around with either mobile phones from Samseong or Apple...]???

Believe it or not, people are very superficial and will judge a person very quickly based on their appearance. Dressing nicely is a way to maintain a social image. You can disagree with it, but its something that is difficult to go against the flow.

if you wear your watch on your right wrist you're going to spill your drink

What is wrong with a little bit narcissism? if you can't love yourself you won't be able to love anything.

(font relat- oh, there is no narkisim font on batoto. what. a. bummer.)

Clothes make the men, but clothes (unlike the human tongue) are men-made. men make the clothes that makes the men I.E fashion is just another mediumby which we humans submit to society. you guys who worry about appearances, who are you trying to impress with 3-month salary accessories? I hope they are worth it.

The point Im trying to make is, you shouldn't need other people love to love yourself.

Clothes are made to be worn as a tool for us to evade weather effects on our skin as well as insect bites, and to be unashamed for our bodies (many clothes fail in that aspect,though, especially if you're overweight af) because we don't have any fur to cover us up...

Wonder why people still do wars? What can we expect of people who buy clothes because of "trends"/social pressure [and do the same for mobile phone types e.g., look at all those Japanese running around with either mobile phones from Samseong or Apple...]???

"I'm just pretending to be autistic."

If you're looking for a proofreader, hit me up. My experience is mostly with journalism and technical writing, but I'd love to work on manga for fun.

His friends look like a bunch of hipsters... Seriously, a scarf when it's not winter? Gimme a break.

Also, while I don't have as much time as I used to, let me know if you need a proofreader and nobody else steps forward.

Either way, I like this approach to fashion in manga.  It's like cooking manga, but for clothes.  That is to say, it's instructional, as opposed to artistic - or so it appears to be thus far.

Is it too much to ask for both?  True enough though, it's clearly leaning towards the former.

Lol this manga I can relate to, I always wear sweatpants to go to college cause its loose fitting as well as a hoodie and I always felt out of placethe but I dont really care plus I dress my chara ter in GTA Online like I do in real life, running shoes, hoodie and work/sweatpants

It feels like I'm reading a manga about my future self.

This should be a fun read.

In the last 3-4 years I've finally decided to try and dress a bit nicer and I think I've got a decent sense of style at this point.

Though, a newly acquired devotion to Converse shoes has thrown me for a loop since I end up wearing them with almost everything now. I somehow got my boss to accept the fact that I am going to wear my Converses with my button up and slacks for work.

Thankfully, as a white-collar salaryman who interfaced with/inspected industrial facilities, my garb is/was pretty simple.

-nice, but durable cargo pants

-pique polo/golf shirt

-cotton field jacket

Of which were natural fibers.  Satou-kun and his sister didn't have to worry "If I catch on fire, will this melt to my skin and make things worse?" as a limiting factor. <_<
So business casual* but a bit more durable and able to be washed easily in case of dirt/machine grease/grain dust/etc.  Supplemented by ballistic safety sunglasses and flame-resistant clothing as needed.

*("Business casual" is a nebulous term that people need to stop abusing.)

Thus my criteria were durable, comfortable, and if necessary, armored.  Fashion won't help you when that trendy polyester blend burn-melts to your skin and gives you fatal burns.

*coughs*

That said, Tamaki-chan looks quite fine in either glasses or contacts. ;)

Your neckbeard is so long man. So long.

I'm not saying you should go crazy about fashion, but calling people that care about fashion superficial is too much. "clothes make the man" don't expect people to take you seriously if you dressed like a bum. What do people observe first when they see another person? That's right, it's your clothes. Even just before the other person does anything, people will judge the other from their appearance. Your clothes tell you who you are whether you like it or not, or whether you believe it or not. And it's not "social pressure" it's called "socializing".

It's hilarious how he "became" so self-conscious.  I'm inclined to think his sister's words had something to do with it, but he might very well have been that way from the start and simply never realized it himself.

Either way, I like this approach to fashion in manga.  It's like cooking manga, but for clothes.  That is to say, it's instructional, as opposed to artistic - or so it appears to be thus far.

This hits a little too close to home

Especially the "So that's why I decided to stop going outside other than for work" part...

Nutrition is the only factor of importance in the food we eat. Taste is meaningless as an ascetic quality. Anyone who prioritizes taste in their consumption is an unrealistic fool who deserves to die of malnutrition.

You must feel really enlightened. Nice fedora you are wearing. 

This hits a little too close to home

2 megane main character, like it already mmm...

My weak point exactly.

And the main character is quite relatable, I don't understand people who buy really expensive clothing mmm...

Even I don't get buying expensive clothing, but being fashionable doesn't really rely on how much money you spend. You can buy all the brand names and still look like crap if you put them together weirdly. Idk, it's just important to get clothes that (1) fit you properly and (2) flatter your figure. Cheap or not cheap, if you know how to mix and match, you can make anything look good.

It's okay, MC, I only have one new clothes last year. 

Spoiler

By the way, instead of "sweet", I think "naive" is more accurate.

I need this, I dress like someone was making a Sims and clicked on "random" as a clothing option.

And the main character is quite relatable, I don't understand people who buy really expensive clothing mmm...

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics