Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.61 - 33votes)

Robot x Laserbeam

Alt Names: alt ロボレーザービームalt Robot Laserbeam
Author: Fujimaki Tadatoshi
Artist: Fujimaki Tadatoshi
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Protagonist, Robato, is a super serious, dead-pan, neat freak who is also the least flexible and can never read a situation right. His unfeeling and expressionless face gave him the nickname—Robo. One day this Robo meets golf and...!?
Go to Robot x Laserbeam Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

54 Comments

Golf thugs.  Now we have golf thugs.  Wut.

Not just any old thugs

Yakuza-Hot-Shots.jpg

Golf thugs.  Now we have golf thugs.  Wut.

To be more hopeful, sports like Tennis and Basketball are very "vs" like, which can be comparable to fighting and thus be more prone to shonen power-ups. 

With golf, according to my limited knowledge on the subject, I get the feeling that the sport is less a fight against your opponent and more like a fight against the course.  Possibly less likely of a chance to go "super"?

Yeah, golf does tend to be a lot about the player vs. the course.  Which is why this intro of the regulars with their lowest 18-hole scores seemed so silly to a real golfer.  There is a lot of variation in golf courses, and even on the same golf course with different t-boxes, flag positions, and environmental conditions.

I hope that they introduce the handicaps of the characters involved soon, cause that is a better indication of their skill.

Also, shooting under 90 regularly (18 handicap) means that the person is a really good golfer.  So unless these boys are playing super easy golf courses, they are all starting off very overpowered.

To be more hopeful, sports like Tennis and Basketball are very "vs" like, which can be comparable to fighting and thus be more prone to shonen power-ups. 

With golf, according to my limited knowledge on the subject, I get the feeling that the sport is less a fight against your opponent and more like a fight against the course.  Possibly less likely of a chance to go "super"?

The few movies I've watched about Golf highlighted its more about 'vs oneself'.  

I can't recall which movie it was, but it was mentioned 'you could always lie on the card, no one else would ever know.  Except you'.

Seems good so far.

Just... Please don't start making the characters go "super" like in Prince of Tennis/Kuroko No Basket.

Seems good so far.

Just... Please don't start making the characters go "super" like in Prince of Tennis/Kuroko No Basket.

This is literally the guy who did Kuroko, so don't count on it.

(though Kuroko was never as bad as The Prince of Tennis got, imo. Unique anime superpowers is one thing, but "the zone" is a real thing for athletes [... and also gamers and such] so it was much less ridiculous for that to be a "powerup that multiple people could get" than Muga no Kyoichi and the three Pinnacles. There are at least 5 characters so far that have unlocked Teni Muhou no Kiwami. Ew.)

Initial D: Golf Edition 

I see it as sort of a combination between 'Initial D' and 'Baby Steps'.

It's drawn me in for now anyways.  Hope Viz officially picks it up

Seems good so far.

Initial D: Golf Edition 

Finally.

Then, doesn't this manga will end up also not to your liking then? Considering this is tagged Shounen and most manga tagged Shounen i know always have exaggerated things.

Oh btw, ever heard about "Dan-Doh!!" series?

It's another shounen golf sport manga where it was delivered like an action manga and really takes the "Shounen" trope up-to-eleven with its still middleschooler MC (he turns highschooler later, still a shounen tho), borderline-absurd skills, clever tactics and strategies, and villainous antagonists, and yet still a legit golf sport with official rules and all. It is also the only Golf Manga i think that puts so much emphasis on the usefulness of a Caddy.

It's also probably will end up not to your liking, but it is one of my favorite sport manga of all time, mainly for actually managing to turn Golf into a thrilling battle of wits and guts i never thought it could.

Just read Dan Doh, was pretty fun, but sadly only 3 volumes on Batoto.  Anyone know if there's a way to read at least some more?

But nobody took it up since MangaCity died right?

sadly, I think that's true. Other than Nanatsu no taizai, it doesn't seem like there's any of nakaba's manga being translated (2 of them have been completely scanlated, though)

try suzuki nakaba's Rising Impact. Actually, this manga kiiiind of reminded me of it

But nobody took it up since MangaCity died right?

Thank you so much for picking up this manga!!!!!! I'm a golfer and have long lamented that there are no good golf manga.  I was so excited to hear about this one, but super worried that nobody would pick it up.

Thanks again, I'm looking forward to more in the future...like Robot putting.

try suzuki nakaba's Rising Impact. Actually, this manga kiiiind of reminded me of it

9aRQVIp.jpg

Even the chapter title ships its characters.

Too bad, I want it the other way around.
Man, even in a different manga, Aomine seems scary...

9aRQVIp.jpg

Even the chapter title ships its characters.

Really digging it so far. Thanks for picking it up.

2nd, I tried to get into King Golf, but couldn't.  None of the characters in it are people that I can imagine playing golf.  Also, its how the game is approached in that manga.  The way I was taught to play the game was very much in the mode of it being a gentleman's/lady's sport.  King Golf came off as the opposite of that.

Then, doesn't this manga will end up also not to your liking then? Considering this is tagged Shounen and most manga tagged Shounen i know always have exaggerated things.

Oh btw, ever heard about "Dan-Doh!!" series?

It's another shounen golf sport manga where it was delivered like an action manga and really takes the "Shounen" trope up-to-eleven with its still middleschooler MC (he turns highschooler later, still a shounen tho), borderline-absurd skills, clever tactics and strategies, and villainous antagonists, and yet still a legit golf sport with official rules and all. It is also the only Golf Manga i think that puts so much emphasis on the usefulness of a Caddy.

It's also probably will end up not to your liking, but it is one of my favorite sport manga of all time, mainly for actually managing to turn Golf into a thrilling battle of wits and guts i never thought it could.

Thank you so much for picking up this manga!!!!!! I'm a golfer and have long lamented that there are no good golf manga.  I was so excited to hear about this one, but super worried that nobody would pick it up.

Thanks again, I'm looking forward to more in the future...like Robot putting.

What about Dan Doh!! ? I quite like it when I read the localization(not english). Shame there is no ongoing scanlation

This is only series of these new 6 in WSJ that I can't stomach. Sport is boring genre especially when it's fujobait.

1st, its the only other golf manga I know about.  When there are dozens about basketball, and hundreds about soccer and baseball.

2nd, I tried to get into King Golf, but couldn't.  None of the characters in it are people that I can imagine playing golf.  Also, its how the game is approached in that manga.  The way I was taught to play the game was very much in the mode of it being a gentleman's/lady's sport.  King Golf came off as the opposite of that.

You should give it another go then. While King Golf does delve into the realm of absurdity a tiny bit, one of the opponents is someone that is of the "gentleman" variety (highly exaggerated form of it, but nevertheless). The setting is to paint a picture for the main character's background and his growth. Not to mention comedic purposes.

It does delve into mentality aspects quite a bit too, which is very exaggerated in distinguishing each player's character, but it helps to paint the picture and pull you in. If you ever get hooked that is. The most recent translated chapters bank on that, but coupled with what's going on in the story, makes sense.

What about King Golf?

1st, its the only other golf manga I know about.  When there are dozens about basketball, and hundreds about soccer and baseball.

It's a manga called Robot x Laserbeam about golf. If that doesn't pique your interest, I don't know what else will.

After reading it, the title actually kinda genius and fitting.

Spoiler

It's a manga called Robot x Laserbeam about golf. If that doesn't pique your interest, I don't know what else will.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics