Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.44 - 72votes)

Hibiki - Shousetsuka ni Naru Houhou

Alt Names: alt 响~成为小说家的方法~alt 響~小説家になる方法~alt Resonance~Way to Become a Novelist~alt Yankı ~Yazar Olma Yolları~
Author: Yanamoto Mitsuharu
Artist: Yanamoto Mitsuharu
Genres: Action ActionAward Winning Award WinningDrama DramaPsychological PsychologicalSchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Winner of the 2017 Manga Taisho Award.

The literature industry is suffering from the publishing recession. While the literary magazine 'Mokuren' was grieving over the present state of affairs, a composition intended for their Newcomer's Award was sent to their editing department. However, it completely ignored the application rules. It should have been torn to shreds, but the work caught the eye of a sole editor. As a result, the world began to change.
Go to Hibiki - Shousetsuka ni Naru Houhou Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

160 Comments

That phone call (ch.05) was kind on anti-climatic. All she did was hang up prematurely. With her track record from previous chapters, I was expecting her to reply all the editor's praises with "Hmph, that work was trash. Your publication clearly has no standards" and then hang up.

Honestly, I was expecting something along the lines of "sorry, I didn't mean for my feelings to slip in." or something. Like, the stuff she was being praised for is stuff she hates in books.

Editor needs to think fast.

At least the editor has her full name now.  Maybe she'll be able to track her down.

That phone call (ch.05) was kind on anti-climatic. All she did was hang up prematurely. With her track record from previous chapters, I was expecting her to reply all the editor's praises with "Hmph, that work was trash. Your publication clearly has no standards" and then hang up.

Okay. So, we have a team of 5 people gathering in the literature club room, them being an unusual bookworm, a shy girl, a brick face, a guy with common sense and the main heroine who will change this boring (literature) world and who evokes nearly zero sympathy while doing that.
I am actually surprised no one mentioned the similarities yet.

It's Award Winning manga for reason.

That's happy Hibiki is so cute.

Be careful. She crawls into your mind while putting on a cute show, to ruthlessly take advantage of you moments later. Just like a certain someone.

It's Award Winning manga for reason.

That's happy Hibiki is so cute.

have read till ch5, and can't like the mc. so, yeah, seems like i'll drop it. Though, I'd say the pace is actually kinda good.

I guess it's not my cup of tea, at least for now. I'd still prefer my usual ln adaptation manga which later will be axed or something absurd like deadtube and the friend, lol. Well, i might pick it up again later.

They're talking about novel, not light novel. Mentioning manga is just to compare with another medium of literature. 

Yeah, they say pretty specifically something like, "Things are bad even in the manga world, but for us in literature it's far worse!" kind of thing.

I'm not sure if things are as bad in english-language fiction, though.  Maybe for "real" literature.  But at the middlebrow level, and I don't care what you might say about the actual quality of the writing, but J.K. Rowling may have singlehandedly rescued the English-language publishing industry 20 years ago

Spoiler

But, apparently she writes well.

Poor guy. Sure she's a unique character but having her as a friend will get him(or both of them) killed one day. I have a feeling that she'd pick a fight even with Grizzly on first opportunity just because his saliva got on her book. Last time I saw such a stubborn and dangerous character in Aku no Hana but at least Nakamura was an open and loud nutcase while this girlie is a plain little creature that would turn into your worst nightmare if you cross her path.

I wonder if Hibiki has some kind of slight autistic disorder (or another mental illness)... Her way to act feels too alien to be just an awkward teenager

Spoiler

Hm, I think this page needs some fixing.
Spoiler

There, done. I've just wasted 10 minutes of my life on such a terrible joke... oh wait.
Spoiler

After reading author's other work, I'm getting even more interested in this.

Ah, it was the author of Onnanoko ga Shinu Hanashi after all. I thought the art was familiar. And maybe the characters too.

As I said before, I'll do chapter 4 since no one showed up. I'll probably finish it by tomorrow since today I'm busy, so don't worry, anon translator.

Thanks for the update!

"If I stick to this person, will I one day be able to find that confidence within myself?"

No guarantees on the confidence, girl, but you might pick up her batshit temper, so you might be able to make your prison debut one day.

^ I lol'd hard.

"If I stick to this person, will I one day be able to find that confidence within myself?"

No guarantees on the confidence, girl, but you might pick up her batshit temper, so you might be able to make your prison debut one day.

I don't know,but the way they described the novel sound like hundred years of solitude. 

tried to read till ch3, and I still can't like the heroine. So, yeah, gonna wait till ch5 before deciding whether to drop it or not. :(

Hahaha! That last page though! :rofl:

I hope you guys enjoy this series. It has won this year's Manga Taishō award. One anon translated the first volume and a few of us have decided to typeset them.

If, by any chance, you need the raws for volumes 1-4, I bought them in Japan about half a year (plus) ago. I can probably scan them as long as doing so doesn't involve ruining my copies of the manga and/or ripping the pages out of the book.

Interesting, interesting.

They mainly talk in regards to novels, but they clearly mention manga, right on the first page.

They're talking about novel, not light novel. Mentioning manga is just to compare with another medium of literature. 

still better than new "isekai" manga :D looks interesting , waiting for more :)

This was great and I hope to be able to read more. That MC is awesome and I totally relate with her. Why even bother with the majority of Sheeple around? They're all morons! 

Is the author's name Yanamoto or Yanagimoto? This is the same author as Onnanoko ga Shinu Hanashi, no?

Yes, it's the same author. I have fixed his name.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics