Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.44 - 72votes)

Hibiki - Shousetsuka ni Naru Houhou

Alt Names: alt 响~成为小说家的方法~alt 響~小説家になる方法~alt Resonance~Way to Become a Novelist~alt Yankı ~Yazar Olma Yolları~
Author: Yanamoto Mitsuharu
Artist: Yanamoto Mitsuharu
Genres: Action ActionAward Winning Award WinningDrama DramaPsychological PsychologicalSchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Winner of the 2017 Manga Taisho Award.

The literature industry is suffering from the publishing recession. While the literary magazine 'Mokuren' was grieving over the present state of affairs, a composition intended for their Newcomer's Award was sent to their editing department. However, it completely ignored the application rules. It should have been torn to shreds, but the work caught the eye of a sole editor. As a result, the world began to change.
Go to Hibiki - Shousetsuka ni Naru Houhou Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

160 Comments

For some reason the creepiness factor of the walls full of her picture is oddly subverted when it's not a secret.

Er... no it's not.

Obviously, he doesn't want her to be an author. Because then, she won't belong to him anymore. As long as she's a lone sociopath, ignored by everyone and she writes for  herself, he's gonna ignore it.

Now, I wonder what he will do to keep her from winning that award, or to destroy her career. He will stop at nothing, like I said earlier.

It's rare to see a male yandere. But he fits the bill. The type to cut her hands, so she can't write anymore.

For some reason the creepiness factor of the walls full of her picture is oddly subverted when it's not a secret.

119265-pedobear

What a creep.

And of course Hibiki herself doesn't give a damn.

Hibiki and Ryoutarou are sociopath and psychopath. Putting them together will probably not lead to anything good.

Oh, and if you think back to chapter 1, she's been treating him like a creep for a while now.

Oh my...

Hey Ryouta, here's a pro tip;

You know that all-in-one laser printer/scanner on your desk - it sucks in terms of image quality. You need to get one of those pro level Epson or Canon inkjets. The types that come with around a dozen separate ink carts. That way, you can print fine-art quality images of Hibiki on museum grade archival (50+ year permanence) paper. Will put you in good steed for when you want to exhibit them in public in the near future. You can thank me later.

The way he is so open about it makes Ryouta quite a unique perverted stalker

Good lord Ryouta you twisted bastard..

There is one mention of "Shinjuku" still left, at page 18 of chapter 20.

Thanks for noticing. Will change when I get the chance to.

I made a mistake in chapters 19 & 20 because I put 'Shinjuku' instead of 'Harajuku'. So don't panic if you see missing chapters.

There is one mention of "Shinjuku" still left, at page 18 of chapter 20.

I think I see where this is going. If Rika REALLY loves her father(not like 'that'), it might reflect why she's so 'afraid' of Hibiki's abilities. I thought it was because of the realization that Hibiki's writing far surpasses hers, but if what Yoshino says is true, there might be a fear that her father will become enamored with Hibiki's writing so much, he'll toss her away. He didn't sound like that kind of man when talking with the editor-in-chief, but given how Hibiki's made some authors quit, it might be special enough to ignite some kind of spark in him. And that may be something Rika wants to do for herself and her love of her father.

Frankly though, that whole 'slip-of-the-tongue' by Hanai was bulls***. As much as I really like this series, stuff like that happening just to stir up drama, and so blatantly out-of-character at that is just bad writing >=0[. 

You know, when it comes to looks, I can well imagine the Japanese taste considering Yoshino-sensei totally awful-looking, but to me . . . her face is kind of raw-boned, but interesting and full of character, and her body is vavavoom.  So she's tall, so what.  Even on a physical level, I could totally go for that woman.

I see you're a man that can see quality in more than just the physical =03. Sometimes, there are other elements aside from looks that draw you to a person.

I'm honestly impressed at how the author crafted Yoshino's personality, simple yet deep and even somewhat relatable (also a good example of how looks alone mean squat).

Never judge a book by its cover, as the saying goes (and as a reminder to myself).

...still, I don't like where this is going for Rika. I've seen this kind of scenario before, with one character being the no-name underdog and the other being an elite genius, and the former stealing the latter's thunder by being that rare raw gem everyone wants to polish.

You know, when it comes to looks, I can well imagine the Japanese taste considering Yoshino-sensei totally awful-looking, but to me . . . her face is kind of raw-boned, but interesting and full of character, and her body is vavavoom.  So she's tall, so what.  Even on a physical level, I could totally go for that woman.

Ryouta's got competition and Yoshino unknowingly clearly describes what the relationship between him and Hibiki. Twisted.

"If only Hibiki was Sobue-san's daughter"

Way to put your foot in your mouth...

I feel for Rika. I hope she doesn't end up hating Hibiki.

And I think the childhood friend is going to be trouble. He will try to stop her from being a novelist. At all cost.

I made a mistake in chapters 19 & 20 because I put 'Shinjuku' instead of 'Harajuku'. So don't panic if you see missing chapters.

Her future books  will have a warning like No authors were harmed during the writing of this book

this manga is like "beck," but with books instead of music. just like in that manga, it's hard to believe that a work can be that compelling without actually experiencing it for yourself, so it becomes a little frustrating when you just have to believe that her writing is so incredible. beck did it a little better because it was able to portray it visually, but this manga can only make it believable through the characters, which it does a pretty good job of (so far).

Spoiler

Oh geez, it begins again.

This new woman author is awesome.

>ah..good thing it's updated really fast.. :)

>cliffhanger again
Arggh..

Urg I am getting tired of her being so super mega awesome that everyone is floored and realize how inadequate they are. I think I will just drop it soon. Her being a violent weirdo kept me interested for a bit but isn't really enough to keep me reading.

I'll admit, it'll start to get a bit repetitious if this goes on, but I think in this chapter(19), this new character, Kikyou Yoshino, kind of subtly illuminates the fragility of Hibiki's persona; like tempered glass, its strong, resilient, but once broken, shatters into a thousand pieces.

I think this is also what Ryouta was/is worried about. After rereading this a few times, I have suspicions he's either a novelist himself under a diff name, or his father/mother is a novelist. He obsessively avoids talk that may lead to such discussion(it may also be why Rika talks to Hibiki alone about it, keeping Ryouta out of it). It feels like there is something traumatic he experienced that makes him convinced that regardless how amazing Hibiki's stories are, she should avoid being an author, and try to live a 'typically normal life'. 

This is not to say that any particular roadblock/drama that may unfold in regards to her struggling to accomplish something will be a payoff for you in the end, just that I can see something being set up in the background of all of this that'll cause Hibiki some trouble. However deep that rabbit hole will go, I cannot say =01.

Hibiki's most likely a super talented sociopath. Sometimes, they honestly don't make the greatest MCs since they usually destroy people with both their (usually overwhelming) talent and lack of common sense (by 'normal' social standards). They also don't really change personality wise. Some people like them though, and others don't.

I'm here to watch hibiki burn everything and everyone to ground, both figuratively and literally.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics