Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.69 - 316votes)

Tondemo Skill de Isekai Hourou Meshi

Alt Names: alt とんでもスキルで異世界放浪メシalt Gourmet Adventure of Legendary Tameralt Tondemo Skill
Author: Eguchi Ren
Artist: Akagishi K
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyCooking CookingDrama DramaFantasy FantasySeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Mukouda Tsuyoshi, summoned from modern Japan to a different world of sword and magic.

He thought of what kind of a huge adventure was waiting for him, but actually, Mukouda is just a civilian who got caught in a 『Hero Summoning』!!

And that Mukouda’s base status shabby compared to the legitimate heroes(There’s even three of them!)……

On top of that, the king who summoned Mukouda and the rest were suspicious, and Mukouda left the castle by himself realizing 「Ah, this is the type that heroes would only be used」.

The only thing that Mukouda could rely on in this world is his unique skill 『Net Supermarket』――it can only order goods from modern Japan to the different world.

“It is not for combat, but if I use it properly, I might have no trouble living?”, Mukouda thought lightly, but actually――he found out that the modern「food」that he ordered would display ridiculous effects!

On top of that, ridiculous guys who were attracted by a different world’s food gathers……?!!

Raw : http://over-lap.co.jp/Form/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?shop=0&pid=ZG0010&vid=&cat=CGS&swrd=
Go to Tondemo Skill de Isekai Hourou Meshi Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic LN Tondemo Skill de Isekai Hourou Meshi New Window Nefrytone
  • 1 Replies
Topic RAW Tondemo Skill de Isekai Hourou Meshi New Window Nefrytone
  • 0 Replies

304 Comments

why translate ネットスーパー into "food menu"? da hell? there even a cloth menu in the ネットスーパー Mukoda uses. so you say clothes are foods?

Please name the wolf Sif...

New meme: Taming the other world with food

At least, in that isekai story about a bar, the chef had to train to become a chef in the first place and theres no magic handwaving, its all using modern food ingredients and cooking techniques. Here, the MC is your average salaryman and every meal he makes is automatically amazing. Why? Magic.

Hi, what the name of this manga ? Ty o/

Well this has potential. Much better than those angsty OP main character bs that most isekai have. Follow'd!

Oh hey its another one of those "accidentally summoned to another world then realised that the country is just going to exploit him so the MC wants to leave" series.

MC even has the near-identical job that the MC of another series has. The other one has "innocent bystander", this one has "peasant accidentally summoned".

Video game mechanics = trash. Its almost always a sign that the author wants to make things easier for himself by skipping a huge amount of plot exposition, character building and explanation. In the first chapter alone, the video game mechanics are used as a plot device to hand wave a ton of obstacles away. A shit ton of things can be skipped simply by having the MC bring up a game menu. It is lazy storytelling.

Also has one of the most ridiculous plot devices ever. A food menu that lets the MC buy food and other related items through magical amazon. And the food is all magical and automatically tastes like a 5 star chef made it apparently.

At least, in that isekai story about a bar, the chef had to train to become a chef in the first place and theres no magic handwaving, its all using modern food ingredients and cooking techniques. Here, the MC is your average salaryman and every meal he makes is automatically amazing. Why? Magic.

And how the hell does an average salaryman know precisely what items to buy for a foot trip to past the border? I mean, your average salaryman would be completely clueless in this situation. What would probably have happened, realistically speaking :

-Scammed when buying clothes because hes obviously not local

-Scammed at the horse cart because everyone can tell hes not local

-Scammed when buying supplies

-Bought useless/wrong supplies

If the MC was like, mac guvyer or something, yea okay. But there is no way an average salaryman would instantly know how to do half the things the MC does. Not even 1 in 10 would know. Even a hiker wouldnt instantly know that he should get a cloak that can double as a sleeping bag...because cloaks dont exist IRL anymore. At best, he would be thinking that he should get something like a jacket but it would take time for him to realise or find out that he can use a cloak to substitute for that.

There is way too much handwaving in the first chapter alone. It should have taken the MC a lot longer to figure out what to do and how, rather than instantly knowing everything. No explanation is provided for how the MC knows exactly how to survive in a fantasy world. He just instantly knows everything. And hes supposed to be an average salaryman? Give me a break. The handwaving is there precisely because the author cannot be bothered with proper plot/character development and he wants to skip all the "boring" parts (boring for him). The MC instantly knows everything because the author doesnt want to show him learning this stuff, the average salaryman bit is just there for the target audience to self-insert into, etc.

Zero attempt is made to develop a plausible character background, not even giving the MC a hiking background or whatever. Hes just an average salaryman who instantly knows how to survive in a fantasy world.

I just could not stop cringing everytime he cooked something. The way the adventurers reacted. So cringey. "I have never eaten anything like this!!!". Like, really? Its just stir fried pork dude. Prepared by your average salary man, not a 5 star chef.

This is like those terribly bad stories where the MC is a "ordinary high school boy" who just happens to be soooo talented at martial arts that he can beat up special forces or whatever.

dungeon meshi is one of my favorite mangas ever.  this is nothing like it.

Doesn't mean it's bad. The premise is like that "word magic" manga, but nothing like it also.
This has the potential, imo.

I see Isekai, I follow. I'm a pretty simple person.

Toaru Ossan is indistinguishable from bog-standard isekai 90% of the time because the author is too lazy to stick to even that surface-level distinction.

I look at it as the latest in a neverending spew of creatively bankrupt wish fulfilment of virgin losers randomly given OP skills and stat overlays in cliché videogame fantasy trope backdrops.

Comparing this to Dungeon Meshi (presumably solely because they both have "meshi" in their name) is a bad joke.

Well I would'nt call this "virgin loser randomly given OP skills and stats", the story is similar to "Konjiki no Moji Tsukai" where in the MC was just accidentally summoned along with the 3 others. He is a salary man at that. The main difference to "Konjiki no Moji Tsukai" is that this one focuses more on his skill which is similar to "Internet Supermarket" and also his cooking skills from being a working adult.

dungeon meshi is one of my favorite mangas ever.  this is nothing like it.

Holy crap! A celebrity is here! Truck-kun, I welcome you to the community. And I must say, your method of transporting

MC's into the fantasy world is vastly preferential to some namby-pamby hero summoning. I also enjoyed your cousin

Ambulance-chan in Diamond is Unbreakable.

Also, the focus is probably just cooking on this one, rather than the award-winning world building of Dungeon Meshi.

I just want to see the vending machine isekai as a manga...

Well Toaru Ossan is more of a Virtual MMO Game while this one is a summoned person into a fantasy.

Toaru Ossan is indistinguishable from bog-standard isekai 90% of the time because the author is too lazy to stick to even that surface-level distinction.

As for being insipid, well it depends on how you look at it.

I look at it as the latest in a neverending spew of creatively bankrupt wish fulfilment of virgin losers randomly given OP skills and stat overlays in cliché videogame fantasy trope backdrops.

Comparing this to Dungeon Meshi (presumably solely because they both have "meshi" in their name) is a bad joke.

this is fun
isekai + cooking
feels like dungeon meshi

I hope it's also has comedy party as well like marshell etc..1440318417701.gif

*awaits generic batoto comments about hating Isekai mangas*

This is Toaru Ossan but somehow even more insipid.

Well Toaru Ossan is more of a Virtual MMO Game while this one is a summoned person into a fantasy. As for being insipid, well it depends on how you look at it.

This is Toaru Ossan but somehow even more insipid.

the second isekai+cooking genre... gonaa follow this...

As long as it's not more harem crap, I'm always down for isekai.

"Great, another one of those ordinary guys in a RPG world"

Thats what I thought at first, but this one is actually fun and with a charm of its own.

this is fun

isekai + cooking

feels like dungeon meshi

hmm 27 year old get summon in world of magic and sword just for cook !

simple story with many potential !

I'm down

Might be the best/funniest isekai since that Yamcha one. Reminds of the cooking part in Dragon's

Crown and other Vanillaware games, buffs and all. And who doesn't love cooking? Followed!

You want to start domesticating animals? Coz that's how you start domesticating animals

This suit my taste! Followed!

I love Fantasy Cooking manga! This is going to be pretty good. I'm drooling!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics