Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.69 - 316votes)

Tondemo Skill de Isekai Hourou Meshi

Alt Names: alt とんでもスキルで異世界放浪メシalt Gourmet Adventure of Legendary Tameralt Tondemo Skill
Author: Eguchi Ren
Artist: Akagishi K
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyCooking CookingDrama DramaFantasy FantasySeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Mukouda Tsuyoshi, summoned from modern Japan to a different world of sword and magic.

He thought of what kind of a huge adventure was waiting for him, but actually, Mukouda is just a civilian who got caught in a 『Hero Summoning』!!

And that Mukouda’s base status shabby compared to the legitimate heroes(There’s even three of them!)……

On top of that, the king who summoned Mukouda and the rest were suspicious, and Mukouda left the castle by himself realizing 「Ah, this is the type that heroes would only be used」.

The only thing that Mukouda could rely on in this world is his unique skill 『Net Supermarket』――it can only order goods from modern Japan to the different world.

“It is not for combat, but if I use it properly, I might have no trouble living?”, Mukouda thought lightly, but actually――he found out that the modern「food」that he ordered would display ridiculous effects!

On top of that, ridiculous guys who were attracted by a different world’s food gathers……?!!

Raw : http://over-lap.co.jp/Form/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?shop=0&pid=ZG0010&vid=&cat=CGS&swrd=
Go to Tondemo Skill de Isekai Hourou Meshi Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic LN Tondemo Skill de Isekai Hourou Meshi New Window Nefrytone
  • 1 Replies
Topic RAW Tondemo Skill de Isekai Hourou Meshi New Window Nefrytone
  • 0 Replies

304 Comments

Is it really necessary to describe him as "virgin" and whatever.  I mean I know they're trying to show off how pathetic he is and other such traits, but that trope is getting real boring. Given the trend of other "transported to another world" stories, that super intimidating wolf monster is going to transform into a kawaii moe wolf girl and then he'll eventually build himself a harem

I would love to be wrong

Oh I hope I am wrong

Side note, this power is actually pretty useful, especially for survival. You can carry around a million dollars, but it can't help you when you're starving and there's nowhere to buy food. Reselling common foodstuffs where it is rare is also an option, but it's pretty risky, since people might question where you got them from. I wonder if he keeps the cardboard boxes, cause that too can be useful (especially when trying to draw background perspectives *wink*)

EDIT: Oh, the light novel has a translation! I'll go check out whether I was wrong! I sure hope I was wrong

EDIT 2: Quote from TL on the first chapter "No harem, less serious," YES, I WAS WRONG! WOOHOO

The "average salaryman virgin" setup is just there to make it easier for the target audience to self insert into.

One thing I have noticed from manga is that it is VERY important for the author to make the MC easy to self insert into. They must have the following traits :

-Virgin

-"average" (until he gets a super special power at the start of the series)

-Typically Highschooler for shounen series or Salary man for seinen

-As bland as possible

-As generic looking as possible

The amount of series that follow this format is wayyy more than the amount of series that do not. It is usually quite easy to spot a shitty series simply from the use of this format. Its like a shounen series that starts with "girl fell from the sky", "MC bumped into a girl and she exposed her panties" or "MC walks in on a girl changing". You instanty know its going to be shit.

You will notice that almost all the decent Isekai series avoid the use of "I was an average X until I was summoned/reincarnated/whatever into another world".

Edit : Oh this is a series published in Comic Gardo which is a shounen magazine that also publishes garbage like Arifureta which has the typical Isekai garbage like an OP mary sue MC, eating monsters to level up and the MC gaining a harem effortlessly. No wonder the storytelling in it is bad. All the other Isekai series that this magazine publishes all have the usual Isekai red flags (mary sue MC, girls effortlessly falling in love with the MC, handwaving obstacles away via plot devices, etc).

I guess the problem is with the magazine editor himself. No quality control.

Is it really necessary to describe him as "virgin" and whatever.

Well, you gotta have the audience identifying with the MMC, right?

Wayyyy too much copy-past trash isekai now,

LN really need to find a new trend, this one already became overused until no end.

Whoa, calm down. Maybe this salary man is an adept survivalist in his spare time.

See, the problem is, hes not, hes an average salary man, he looks like the average skinny Japanese, and he was shown struggling with the foot trip. He was never given an "Adept survivalist" background. This is bad storytelling. You want a character to be good at survivalist stuff, sure, then give him a survivalist background.

Look at Aragorn in LOTR, he can fight, he can do survivalist stuff. Why? Hes a ranger. Now imagine if you make Aragorn a farmer and he can kill 10 orcs by himself. Suddenly, it smells like bullshit.

And it's explained that the ingredients from another world he uses, actually have magical properties in this world, and, why not, a taste the people of this world are more sensitive to.

Even a high schooler should know "its magic" is a terrible storytelling device.

You can't read an Isekai without some suspension of disbelief, because it's always built on shaky premises.

There is always suspension of disbelief. But there are varying amounts required. In Drifters, the MC is a famous warrior from the Sengoku era. Not much suspension of disbelief is required for the reader to believe he can perform heroic feats. A LOT is required for the reader to believe that an average salaryman is mac guyver AND gordon ramsey. Especially when the only explanation for his food being so good is literally "its magic lol".

And why do you assume every single merchant or shop owner is a scammer waiting for an occasion to rob blind their customers?

Its a medieval fantasy world. Think less "western shopping mall" and more "flea market in India". When 99% of the population doesnt know how to read, they wont have printed prices and the merchants will be charging you based purely on how much they think they can get away with. Someone who looks like a local peasant will be charged VERY differently from someone who looks like a wealthy foreigner and probably doesnt even smell because he bathes everyday with modern toiletries.

Dont believe me, try asking a history professor about merchants in the medieval age.

I found it actually quite "realistic" that he'd hire bodyguards, because he's not a warrior or anything. And I find it nice that for once it's not a high schooler with an inferiority (or superiority) complex with a harem, but just an "ordinary" 27 year old guy.

I have no issues with him hiring body guards. Its the poor storytelling. The "Average salaryman" setup is total bullshit when he is a survivalist guru and the only explanation for him being able to instantly make awesome food is "its magic lol". If the MC was a survivalist guru AND a chef, and the series showed him putting effort into making the food taste good, then it would be much better. But the series skips all that just to make it easier for the author.

Isekai Nobu spends several pages on cooking at minimum and showing/explaining how the food tastes so good (I particularly like the part where they used modern chicken and it tastes good precisely because the local chicken sucks), this series just has him stiry fry some pork from a boar and it tastes amazing because "its magic lol". The boar meat wasnt even magic, it was a boar that the adventurers killed.

this is fun

isekai + cooking

feels like dungeon meshi

>isekai
>Dungeon Meshi

That is some quality shit post right here.

Is it really necessary to describe him as "virgin" and whatever.  I mean I know they're trying to show off how pathetic he is and other such traits, but that trope is getting real boring. Given the trend of other "transported to another world" stories, that super intimidating wolf monster is going to transform into a kawaii moe wolf girl and then he'll eventually build himself a harem

I would love to be wrong

Oh I hope I am wrong

Side note, this power is actually pretty useful, especially for survival. You can carry around a million dollars, but it can't help you when you're starving and there's nowhere to buy food. Reselling common foodstuffs where it is rare is also an option, but it's pretty risky, since people might question where you got them from. I wonder if he keeps the cardboard boxes, cause that too can be useful (especially when trying to draw background perspectives *wink*)

EDIT: Oh, the light novel has a translation! I'll go check out whether I was wrong! I sure hope I was wrong

EDIT 2: Quote from TL on the first chapter "No harem, less serious," YES, I WAS WRONG! WOOHOO

seems like it will be an interesting series. thank you for picking it up, I hope you continue to work on it. 

his superpower is online shopping.... ok

Just like dungeon meshi, this makes me hungry.

This is so fun, I just like characters who get left out by the main group and is really not a fighting type but excels on something else.

Time to find the novels

I just get hungry reading this.

Seems fun series so far though.

Hi, what the name of this manga ? Ty o/

Isekai Izakaya "Nobu"

this is interesting...
in my opinion, this manga would be more interesting if MC is a chef or a cook...

But then it would just be a worse version of Nobunaga no Chef...

this is interesting...
in my opinion, this manga would be more interesting if MC is a chef or a cook...

Oh hey its another one of those "accidentally summoned to another world then realised that the country is just going to exploit him so the MC wants to leave" series.

MC even has the near-identical job that the MC of another series has. The other one has "innocent bystander", this one has "peasant accidentally summoned".

Video game mechanics = trash. Its almost always a sign that the author wants to make things easier for himself by skipping a huge amount of plot exposition, character building and explanation. In the first chapter alone, the video game mechanics are used as a plot device to hand wave a ton of obstacles away. A shit ton of things can be skipped simply by having the MC bring up a game menu. It is lazy storytelling.

Also has one of the most ridiculous plot devices ever. A food menu that lets the MC buy food and other related items through magical amazon. And the food is all magical and automatically tastes like a 5 star chef made it apparently.

At least, in that isekai story about a bar, the chef had to train to become a chef in the first place and theres no magic handwaving, its all using modern food ingredients and cooking techniques. Here, the MC is your average salaryman and every meal he makes is automatically amazing. Why? Magic.

And how the hell does an average salaryman know precisely what items to buy for a foot trip to past the border? I mean, your average salaryman would be completely clueless in this situation. What would probably have happened, realistically speaking :

-Scammed when buying clothes because hes obviously not local

-Scammed at the horse cart because everyone can tell hes not local

-Scammed when buying supplies

-Bought useless/wrong supplies

If the MC was like, mac guvyer or something, yea okay. But there is no way an average salaryman would instantly know how to do half the things the MC does. Not even 1 in 10 would know. Even a hiker wouldnt instantly know that he should get a cloak that can double as a sleeping bag...because cloaks dont exist IRL anymore. At best, he would be thinking that he should get something like a jacket but it would take time for him to realise or find out that he can use a cloak to substitute for that.

There is way too much handwaving in the first chapter alone. It should have taken the MC a lot longer to figure out what to do and how, rather than instantly knowing everything. No explanation is provided for how the MC knows exactly how to survive in a fantasy world. He just instantly knows everything. And hes supposed to be an average salaryman? Give me a break. The handwaving is there precisely because the author cannot be bothered with proper plot/character development and he wants to skip all the "boring" parts (boring for him). The MC instantly knows everything because the author doesnt want to show him learning this stuff, the average salaryman bit is just there for the target audience to self-insert into, etc.

Zero attempt is made to develop a plausible character background, not even giving the MC a hiking background or whatever. Hes just an average salaryman who instantly knows how to survive in a fantasy world.

I just could not stop cringing everytime he cooked something. The way the adventurers reacted. So cringey. "I have never eaten anything like this!!!". Like, really? Its just stir fried pork dude. Prepared by your average salary man, not a 5 star chef.

This is like those terribly bad stories where the MC is a "ordinary high school boy" who just happens to be soooo talented at martial arts that he can beat up special forces or whatever.

Whoa, calm down. Maybe this salary man is an adept survivalist in his spare time.

I think it's pointless to rant about how unrealistic this setup is. It's The Magical Amazon skill ffs.

And it's explained that the ingredients from another world he uses, actually have magical properties in this world, and, why not, a taste the people of this world are more sensitive to.

It reminds me of Takarakuji de 40-oku Atattandakedo Isekai ni Ijuu Suru where the energy drink he brings back from our world is actually a miracle medicine there.

You can't read an Isekai without some suspension of disbelief, because it's always built on shaky premises.

If the author goes on to explain everything painstakingly, they lose the readers on the way because they become bored.

And why do you assume every single merchant or shop owner is a scammer waiting for an occasion to rob blind their customers? Got a bad experience in some place where you were not "a local"? If you run a shop, you'd know that usually, non local people have more money than locals because traveling costs money. So, by being eager to sell and selling them good stuff, they'd eventually, you know, COME BACK and not give you a bad reputation in their home place or elsewhere.

I hope you don't run a business if the first thing you think about when you see non local people is to scam them.

I found it actually quite "realistic" that he'd hire bodyguards, because he's not a warrior or anything. And I find it nice that for once it's not a high schooler with an inferiority (or superiority) complex with a harem, but just an "ordinary" 27 year old guy.

I think he will save both the humans and the demons, with food.

Which is quite nice.

lmao the op skill is amazon

same day delivery too

lmao the op skill is amazon

"Great, another one of those ordinary guys in a RPG world"

Thats what I thought at first, but this one is actually fun and with a charm of its own.

Maybe you should wait a few chapters before praising a story. You might turn out to be right, you might turn out to be wrong.

Dungeon Meshi is setting the bar pretty high chums, so I don't think what amounts to a goofy cooking manga with isekai elements

shouldn't shock anyone when it doesn't stand up to an award-winning counterpart. This is fluff, which is good every now and then. I also love Hakumei to Mikochi and Somali to Mori for a more refined fantasy flavor.

dungeon meshi is one of my favorite mangas ever.  this is nothing like it.

Thanks for saving my time.

the plot sucks, but i really like this artist

It's a cooking + fantasy/isekai so that's a yes from me.

why translate ネットスーパー into "food menu"? da hell? there even a cloth menu in the ネットスーパー Mukoda uses. so you say clothes are foods?

Yeah, the translation is more like Online Shop.  ネットスーパー -> Net Super(market) -> online shop.

Someone should do a manga ripoff of Callahan's Crosstime Saloon with its eclectic clientele.

It's a good way to visit many worlds without sending Truck-kun. Or is alcohol too risky a prospect?

So long as the manga is filled with puns I'm all for it.

Someone should do a manga ripoff of Callahan's Crosstime Saloon with its eclectic clientele.

It's a good way to visit many worlds without sending Truck-kun. Or is alcohol too risky a prospect?

why translate ネットスーパー into "food menu"? da hell? there even a cloth menu in the ネットスーパー Mukoda uses. so you say clothes are foods?

I went to the translators page to ask as well =)

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics