Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.5 - 10votes)

Shadowrun

Alt Names: alt Shadowrun Tokyo
Author: Kazuma Saiki
Artist: Kazuma Saiki
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyFantasy FantasySci-fi Sci-fi
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Based off of the roleplaying game of the same name, Shadowrun (also known as Shadowrun: Tokyo) is a manga following the exploits of the street mage Hashizou and his group of fellow Shadowrunners in the 6th world.

Consisting of five volumes released between 1996 and 1998, it was released only in Japan.
Go to Shadowrun Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

40 Comments

@BottomlessBag I mean, I guess, sure? I personally have never downloaded manga so it's not something I see personally as useful but if people (such as yourself) are asking for that then I guess I'll have to do that. Most likely I'll make it one large .zip file after finishing the entire translation, would that be alright?

Purple Library guy The Shadowrun Returns series is pretty awesome (having Kickstarted them worth over a hundred bucks, money well spent). The first in the series was honestly lacking compared to the others... But it was a pretty faitful rendition nevertheless.

We'd work on translating the game, but lack the technical knowledge. Our next translation will be the Shadowrun Tokyo sourcebook. Propably.

Oh, that sounds cool.  I'd definitely like to see that.

There's also an untranslated video game based off of the vision of Japan depicted in this manga (though to what extent, I'm not sure), though there's been a fan translation effort around for a while my impression is the game is old enough that modding the text is a serious technical PitA.

Thinking of Shadowrun video games, does anyone here play the group from Harebrained Schemes (Shadowrun Returns, Dragonfall, and Hong Kong)?  I thought they were a pretty good rendition.

@ Leevizer

Will you be making DL links available for this series?

A manga based on the RPG?? FOLLOWED

Hey, thanks everyone for the comments!

About the style and such in general, you guys do realize this was made in the 90's, right? And follows the manga tropes of it's time?

We'd work on translating the game, but lack the technical knowledge. Our next translation will be the Shadowrun Tokyo sourcebook. Propably.

Also, the first few chapters are the easygoing ones, it does get more action-oriented later. Pretty much like every other manga of it's period starting with jokes and the like and then slowly going more serious.

Cute.  Not the kind of thing I'd read if it wasn't Shadowrun, but not bad.  You can tell it's real Shadowrun because the Johnson tried to screw them over.

ditto

the style is really reminiscent of late 80', like Outland, early Appleseed and even Akira with those long lines

Wow, I'd never have guessed there was a Shadowrun manga out there. Thanks for the release.

There's also an untranslated video game based off of the vision of Japan depicted in this manga (though to what extent, I'm not sure), though there's been a fan translation effort around for a while my impression is the game is old enough that modding the text is a serious technical PitA.

Cute.  Not the kind of thing I'd read if it wasn't Shadowrun, but not bad.  You can tell it's real Shadowrun because the Johnson tried to screw them over.

Will they ever figure out if their bullets hit? Come back next chapter after the DM spends a LONG TIME looking at tables!

THEY ARE TRANSLATING IT?

FUUUUUCK YEAH!!

A Shadowrun manga? You mean Akira?

holy sheeeeeeeeeeeeet, a shadowrun manga? well, just hoped the art was a bit better.

Wow, I'd never have guessed there was a Shadowrun manga out there. Thanks for the release.

By the page with the illustration of Face on a bike I knew I'd love this, followed!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics