Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.72 - 179votes)

Kumika no Mikaku

Alt Names: alt クミカのミカク
Author: Ononoka Akihiro
Artist: Ononoka Akihiro
Genres: Comedy ComedyCooking CookingRomance RomanceSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Aliens have become common on Earth. Kumika is one such alien who can get nutrition just by breathing and therefore does not need to eat, but from unexpected circumstance she takes a bite of Earth food and has her first experience of delicious Earth food. The uptight Kumika discovers new tastes through eating and awakens to new kinds of emotions.
Go to Kumika no Mikaku Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

210 Comments

Beautiful way to end the chapter, this manga is gold.
So it's a tentacles No wonder it turn me on

Really digging this one, but one thing keeps me curious: If she gets her nutrition just from breathing, shouldn't that by itself not allow her to feel hungry? (or maybe the growls are just because the stomach was rusty or something?)

Edit: Forgot to thank the group, thank you lots Helvetica Scans for bringing this one to us!

Your digestive system has its own nerve system of sorts, so it can function independently of your brain. Even i. the case of spinal damage, your digestive system will keep trucking on.

It's quite possible that her form of nutrient production doesn't use the digestive system, so it had never been 'initialized'.

Really digging this one, but one thing keeps me curious: If she gets her nutrition just from breathing, shouldn't that by itself not allow her to feel hungry? (or maybe the growls are just because the stomach was rusty or something?)

Edit: Forgot to thank the group, thank you lots Helvetica Scans for bringing this one to us!

Waiting for a manga about foods looking to be eaten.

Dai Mahou Touge? Is an anime but has a bit about a potato cutting out its own eyes and boiling itself.

So...anyone think we're gonna see Kumika get super obese? Just like when fast food gets introduced to a population unused to eating it?

This may seem out of place and many would not understand it, but I'm here to say that Hokaben is not Hokben. They are different.

Cute alien? Sign me up. FOLLOWED

The concept of food and enjoying taste is kinda foreign to me.
BUT FOLLOWED!
(I was born with a defective sense of smell and taste. So foods just kind of a "Yep. Need to eat." matter for me. Not a "Oh I wanna try different tastes!" thing)

Wow man what a bummer.

The little "Did you mean" is a great touch. 

Her tentacles shine when she's pleased? Interesting.

Holy frick this was cute, followed instantly! Thanks for scanlating this gem Helvetica!

I love these kinds of manga, ones that are slice of life but with a twist that makes me want to scream from sheer joy~

The concept of food and enjoying taste is kinda foreign to me.
BUT FOLLOWED!
(I was born with a defective sense of smell and taste. So foods just kind of a "Yep. Need to eat." matter for me. Not a "Oh I wanna try different tastes!" thing)

hum ... mouokay ...
*add to follow list*

Yeah, I'm really jealous of Kumina's species right now. Can live off only air but can still taste/eat good food?

Anyway, this looks like another food lover's manga with comedy and cute moments. I'm in.

Holy damn, she's cute. That little head tentacle dance was awesome

Aww she's so cute, followed mmm...

Those are the happiest head-tentacles ever. T_T

Mikaku = 味覚 = taste, and the author just flipped the word to create the MC's name :P

manga about food just keeps on popping... good thing this is good... followed...

Aww she's so cute, followed mmm...

Then, does this mean she will finally need to go to the toilet for the first time ever? :P

Waiting for a manga about foods looking to be eaten.

There's that one meme with the suicide potato.

Which are the first two mangas?

I believe the first is Elf-san wa Yaserarenai. In which the elf gets chubby because she gets addicted to french fries. Not a gourmet novel but a diet novel. It also doesn't focus on her.

The second is The Mermaid Princess's Guilty Meal. In which the Mermaid Princess, Ela, learns that her fish friends are delicious.

first was an elf, then a mermaid. now an alien girl...

Which are the first two mangas?

So I guess "girl eats food with o-face" is a mainstream genre now?

What a time to be alive.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics