Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 351votes)

Beastars

Alt Names: alt ビースターズ
Author: Itagaki Paru
Artist: Itagaki Paru
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHorror HorrorMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: In a world populated by anthropomorphic animals, herbivores and carnivores coexist with each other. For the adolescences of the Cherryton School, school life is filled with hope, romance, distrust, and uneasiness.

The main character is Legosi the wolf, a member of the drama club. Despite his menacing appearance, he has a very gentle heart. Throughout most of his life, he has always been an object of fear and hatred by other animals, and he's been quite accustomed to that lifestyle. But soon, he finds himself becoming more involved with his fellow classmates who have their own share of insecurities and finds his life in school changing slowly.
Go to Beastars Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic alright, so....the murder. who done it? New Window Cautionary_Tale
  • 9 Replies
Topic Beastars Chapter discussions New Window truepurple
  • 11 Replies
Topic Thus, I reviewed Beastars New Window Swifft
  • 3 Replies
Topic So, I need help understanding what the title of Beastar really means New Window angelusalvus
  • 4 Replies
Topic Herbivores, carnivores, the other meanings. appetites, and how it plays out. New Window truepurple
  • 7 Replies
Topic Real nature doesn't work like this. New Window truepurple
  • 7 Replies

783 Comments

I am too greedy and I ask for moooooooooooooore , omg this one of best dark , crapy and creepy art passed me though awesome story , bring back memories from Ares manga 

Bodyguard Legosi huh... Best Direwolf Legosi, nothing fits him better.

So it's not Murenase and Koe no Katachi?

Actually how do you even get to Murenase and Koe no Katachi? They're so different.

Exploring my man, just exploring.

It's been a long time since I last found a manga like this. It is very much worth a read, even if you're bummed that this isn't another story about super fetishy monster girls and their zany, mildly sexual, antics. While it doesn't have lolis and ridiculously curvy 16-year-olds to obsess over, ship, and probably masturbate to, it does have an intriguing setting with interesting, developed, characters, and a coherent plot (not "plot") with good depth.

Spoiler

smut tag? that's... kind of scary this time around.

Tfw the smut tag does a better job of warning the reader about horror than the horror tag would.
Wow. o_o

Let me join in with the others who have been very pleasantly surprised by this one!

Followed! It is quite good!

This is Murenase, with the Koe no Katachi argument, but better and without the forced drama and the gold comedy.

So it's not Murenase and Koe no Katachi?

Actually how do you even get to Murenase and Koe no Katachi? They're so different.

You wouldn't think it, but this story is really good.  Despite its depth, it's easy to follow and it tells things in a way that makes you want to learn more about the world.

It's kind of surprising so little people are following this manga, and again it's not. It's a manga with a very interesting and deep storytelling, but it has almost no humor or action, no fan-service, no moe. It's just the plot and the art style is functional to it almost to a fault (I find it beatiful, nevertheless).

Wow. This is really good.

This is Murenase, with the Koe no Katachi argument, but better and without the forced drama and the gold comedy.

It's all good.

awoo

It seems well-realized so far. I love the artwork. Shouldn't there be a mystery tag in there?

I feel like giggling imagining Mazama Jin standing in the center of that spread page. Legosi is cool. That otter/weasel girl in the bottom right is surprisingly cute. Elephant-kun at the back looks really weird.

This is... SO FREAKING GOOD!!!

It's really sad, but just the right amount of sad to make you feel good.

That MC from Murenase would fucking hate this world

Zootopia but sad....followed. 

He's such an awkward but sweet wolf, I love this kind of misunderstood MC

He is a great mc.

The short series this is based on is great too.

Legosi, you're the direwolf everyone need in their lives! *Thumbs Up*

He's such an awkward but sweet wolf, I love this kind of misunderstood MC

So who was the killer? god damn it. i want to know who did it?!

Legosi, you're the direwolf everyone need in their lives! *Thumbs Up*

This manga is really good. Up to latest raw.

Talent for manga is genetic...

Here's to hoping the other manga websites don't copy v1. The page swap ruins the moment.

Weird thing is, the pages weren't swapped in the Hot Chocolate Scans online reader.

Chapter deleted in the middle of me reading it? RIP me

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics