Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.56 - 225votes)

Isekai Yakkyoku

Alt Names: alt 異世界薬局alt Different World Pharmacyalt 이세계 약국alt Parallel World Pharmacy
Author: Takayama Liz
Artist: Koya Hijiri
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHistorical HistoricalMedical MedicalMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A young pharmacologist and researcher in Japan died from overworking, and was reincarnated in a Medieval Parallel Europe.

He was reincarnated as a 10-year-old apprentice to a famous Royal Court pharmacist, had attained an inhuman skills of ability to see through disease, material creation, and material destruction.

In a society in which dubious medical practice are rampant, price gouging thru the monopoly of the pharmacist guild, and good medicine aren't available to the commoners.

He was recognized by the Emperor at that time and opened a Pharmacy at the corner of the town.

He will wipe out the fraud that has swept the world, and deliver to the commoners a truly effective medicine that was developed using present day pharmacology.

Thus the boy pharmacist will cheat by using his previous knowledge to create innovative medicines while helping the people of the parallel world, a story about living his new life to the fullest this time.

The popular web novel now comes in manga form, available in raw at:

http://comic-walker.com/contents/detail/KDCW_MF00000031010000_68/
Go to Isekai Yakkyoku Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Light Novel New Window iovis
  • 1 Replies
Topic Raw Manga New Window hiiro
  • 0 Replies

371 Comments

Why are protagonists in isekai so often like 10 years old?

Most likely to save the author the trouble of dealing with the character going through the awkward years of being a baby, toddler, and primary school kid. 10 is old enough to think and speak reasonably clearly, and young enough that people will call the "reincarnated" kid a child prodigy instead of finding their sudden change from being average 20-to-30-something derp to über-genius overnight suspicious as hell. Also gives the author room to have time skips and lengthy school or training arcs without the responsibilities and burdens of adult life poking their ugly faces in. People reading these often like the escapist nature of the world, where they don't have to think about the more boring, wearisome, and unpleasant aspects of day-to-day life in our world.
Should also note that it gives a good excuse for the MC to have a gorgeous young mother, adorable female friends his age who can grow up to be romantic interests, gorgeous older girls who won't feel nervous or guarded around a kid his age, and various other characters to play up romantic and sexual appeal without having to worry about actual relationship-building because the MC is too young.

Because, Ash Ketchum

He's going to make the first suppository in the fantasy world

And itll probably be acetaminophen... Although I am curious how will he supposedly synthesize it without the world (presumably renaissance) without a knowledge of the atomic table; thus not being able to provide him with the raw organic solutions. (like seriously, only a war historian will know how and where to extract the phenol - which according to wikipedia, is extracted from coal tars... I'd laugh if a research pharmacologist would know that random tidbit.)

Interesting premise for a isekai, probably one of the most curiously special one, next to that of the physician - and one I love to brainstorm about. Although, I am worried that the author may botch it up, since modern pharmacy is quite different, and I hope the author doesn't take some things for granted. (Like needing acetaminophen and just simply /have/ phenol laying around) But, heck, of the things he can discover; only 3 things he really need and reliably discover in a standardized renaissance world - as in, one without a systemic knowledge of atomic theory.

1. Penicillin (Although I wonder how he will perform the purification process, maybe another paper chromatography like in Jin? Although the big assumption is that the mold is also present in a fantasy world and also assumed to be able to make the antibiotic)

2. Opioid Analgesics (Yes, Morphine needs to exist in the world, its one of the major drugs; Although I doubt they need him to as much discover it as much as purify it; because lets face it, people knew opium was good stuff before they even bothered to isolate the morphine component)

3. Nitroglycerin (Ahaha, this is probably one I look forward to if the author include it; the raw material isn't as difficult to obtain as phenol, but the implications are beyond just medicine)

The other question ill be looking forward to is how will he react to placebos, which I really hope the author will include.

In short, I'll be following it, but given the scientific progress implied by the setting, I sincerely hope the author doesn't take things for granted and botch this up.

p.s. The biggest assumption of all the isekai, that the physiology of the beings are the same. Because heck, it shouldn't be logically reasonable that every being have a vestigial appendix ;p And of all things, to assume the drug interactions will be identical will be folly - it'd be nice to have that tidbit of realism, such as a completely absurdly low or high p450 metabolism with the population, thus making him reevaluate his assumptions about drug dosage. (without going too deep into the technical, a difference may be a drug being curative vs fatally poisonous; basically the same as chugging a whole bottle of acetaminophen and watching your liver crash. For medication with a very narrow therapeutic index, the implications are huuuge - ie. Digoxin.)

Really wish we had an isekai tag now.  Can someone ask the higher ups if it's possible to add it as a genre tag?  :3

LOL @ San Froob Empire. I wonder what the neighboring country is called. Los Noob Republic?

This one seems to be good.

Yo, that's a body snatch. Come clean about it to everyone u dishonest punk. You're like that one manga about that fat turd who spent his early years sucking titty and being pampered despite being 35.

>more isekai

Truly, we are living in a golden age. 

art *check

plot *check

story *seems got some potentials

FOLLOW~~

Baron? I thought it was archduke

Either mistranslation, or the LN have some stuff changed. The translated one was a WN right?

Always nice to see a new idea but, I feel like their aren't enough that take advantage of death and rebirth in or transporting to another world in new ways that would make them fresh and exciting again. Let's see how this and the 7 superhuman (in natural ability, not cheat skills) high schoolers go for now, since they seem to be based in non-leveling worlds.

Baron? I thought it was archduke

I'm hooked on these other world mangas.

"attained an inhuman skills of ability to see through disease, material creation, and material destruction"

So he's God.

Alchemist on crack.

who is matsumoto-kun?

He's going to make the first suppository in the fantasy world

yet another isekai iteration. though this one got some pretty interesting concept. followed, for now :v

I'm getting sick of those.
Get it? 'sick'? haha im so rad.

it made me laugh, only the part about rad though

"attained an inhuman skills of ability to see through disease, material creation, and material destruction"

So he's God.

Another Isekai? Time to read~

I'm getting sick of those.
Get it? 'sick'? haha im so rad.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics