Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (3.55 - 60votes)

Gyaru Yuri

Alt Names: alt ギャルゆり
Author: Ahiru
Artist: Ahiru
Genres: Comedy ComedyShoujo Ai Shoujo AiShounen ShounenWebtoon Webtoon
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Original Webtoon: http://www.comico.jp/articleList.nhn?titleNo=18659
Go to Gyaru Yuri Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

87 Comments

What sane parents would leave their daughter to a friend for a year?

It's a bit contrived.

It depends on how close they are, but honestly taking a kid who probably doesn't know the language to a foreign country when the kid still has school seems even worse to me.

What sane parents would leave their daughter to a friend for a year?

It's a bit contrived.

I definitely think cutting back on the TL notes would be a good idea. Instances where the manga is intentionally pointing out gyaru lingo is mostly fine especially when the manga is actually dedicating space to explain it, but things like "I'll be home in seconds*" getting a TL note "I'll be going home right now" what is even the point in that?

Also, I can't tell since the TL is written over the original text but the "This is yabai" line in the prologue, was she using gyaru lingo there and you simply forgot to rewrite it that way there? Cause yabai is a totally normal word in Japanese and it comes off like TL's that will spell out "You baka!" instead of translating it to idiot or dummy. If she was literally saying that, then simply "this is bad" would make a far more appropriate translation than leaving raw Japanese in there...

It's all according to keikaku.

Note: Keikaku means plan.

I definitely think cutting back on the TL notes would be a good idea. Instances where the manga is intentionally pointing out gyaru lingo is mostly fine especially when the manga is actually dedicating space to explain it, but things like "I'll be home in seconds*" getting a TL note "I'll be going home right now" what is even the point in that?

Also, I can't tell since the TL is written over the original text but the "This is yabai" line in the prologue, was she using gyaru lingo there and you simply forgot to rewrite it that way there? Cause yabai is a totally normal word in Japanese and it comes off like TL's that will spell out "You baka!" instead of translating it to idiot or dummy. If she was literally saying that, then simply "this is bad" would make a far more appropriate translation than leaving raw Japanese in there...

She using gyaru-talk which pretty much gibberish even for native non-gyaru Japanese people. Those asterixs probably came from the author, not the translator: Dialogue box with gibberish gyaru-talk then the author explain it in normal Japanese out of the dialogue box.

Though I do agree sometimes the grammar feels awkward, they need an editor...

The problem is that the humor of it just does not work outside of Japan, trying to stay true to the source material is commendable, but in this case only serves as an active detriment to the quality of the translation.

Lolicon, yuri, gryaru and co-habitation. What more does one need?

...Better translations comes to mind. Seriously, this is not the best translation I have read, but at least it is mostly legible. I can't really complain, I can't translate anything at all, so I should be happy someone is scanning this for me to read. (Seriously though, stop with the asterisk all the time, just translate it in the box!)

You forgot loli. You cannot forget the loli!

She using gyaru-talk which pretty much gibberish even for native non-gyaru Japanese people. Those asterixs probably came from the author, not the translator: Dialogue box with gibberish gyaru-talk then the author explain it in normal Japanese out of the dialogue box.

Though I do agree sometimes the grammar feels awkward, they need an editor...

Lolicon, yuri, gryaru and co-habitation. What more does one need?

...Better translations comes to mind. Seriously, this is not the best translation I have read, but at least it is mostly legible. I can't really complain, I can't translate anything at all, so I should be happy someone is scanning this for me to read. (Seriously though, stop with the asterisk all the time, just translate it in the box!)

Gyaru. Yuri. Enough said...followed.

You forgot loli. You cannot forget the loli!

Well aint that an on the nose title?

I'm not a fan of the translation.

well...as promised..where's my new next chapter???lol

Go read JC No Life!. That's the new chapter lol
    • Gao likes this

well...as promised..where's my new next chapter???lol

Gyaru. Yuri. Enough said...followed.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics