Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.52 - 183votes)

Takarakuji de 40-oku Atattandakedo Isekai ni Ijuu Suru

Alt Names: alt 宝くじで40億当たったんだけど異世界に移住するalt 中了40亿的我要搬到异世界去住了alt 복권으로 40억에 당첨됐지만 이세계로 이주한다alt I Won 4 Billion in a Lottery But I Went to Another Worldalt Я выиграл 4 миллиарда в лотерее и попал в другой мир
Author: Suzunoki Kuro
Artist: Imai Mujii & Kurojishi
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureDrama DramaFantasy FantasyRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Kazura was selected as the winner on a lottery that he bought on a whim, and received ¥4,000,000,000 (4 billion yen).
To evade the hyenas that smelled the scent of his money, Kazura took refuge at an old residence that had been handed down from generation to generation in his family.
When Kazura was investigating the place that would become his shelter, he stumbled on a certain room where it was possible to go into and back from another world.
The culture and technology level of that world was relatively low. The protagonist sometimes brought goods, sometimes brought technological knowledge.
At that world, he would find his true value as a person.

Source: http://comic-walker.com/contents/detail/KDCW_MF00000030010000_68/
Go to Takarakuji de 40-oku Atattandakedo Isekai ni Ijuu Suru Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic To continue following Hairy Wizardz Translations... New Window HarryDong
  • 0 Replies
Topic Web Novel New Window shizuku kyun
  • 0 Replies

262 Comments

I can't wait when the equivalent of either the Romans, Carthaginians or Barbarians suddenly appear and the RICH MC is forced to hire a PMC to protect them

To clarify, he's 25, she's 15. Exactly 10 years (a point they mention in the novels but not so much in the manga). In that world, she's already an adult of marriageable age, because of the  due to the usual undeveloped medieval world, periodic famines, poor hygiene, wars drafts, bandits...etc. Normally, you were expected to already be married at her age especially with war looming or during, because it's not unusual for the would-be husbands to get drafted into war from their teens. Of course a normal person would want to pop a baby out before that happens if they were in that situation where they may not return alive.

FYI: in Japan, the age of marriage was 16 for girls and 18 for boys with parental consent. If Kazura was serious about following his own country's laws which he doesn't have to in another freaking world, all he would have to is butter up her dad and wait just a single year.

Edit: after reading chapter 2, noticed quite a few spelling and/or grammar errors. Not totally a big deal as it's still more than legible (which can't be said for some other scanlation groups), but it would definitely help to have an editor or another proofreader, as an extra pair of eyes would catch things the previous person didn't, and vice versa.

Soory but is no like that is comon missundertanding think "short life expectancy" when is was only for  childs who drop the stadistics on medieval era  and people think adults have "short life expectancy" when was not like that.

And yes she, was in marriage age whit 15 in a word like that.

So heartwarming. Instant follow!!

I had read much of the LN and so was familiar with the former but felt such a thing should really be up to the translator. As you may already know, Japanese pronounce 'r' and 'l' the same way because they only have one liquid consonant in Japanese.

Thusly Greysior is Gleishool without any real difference in linguistic authenticity, yet I found the avoidance of color in the name to be a refreshing alternative. While it might not be as smooth to the tongue as a pair of nice rhotic letters, I think Gleishool does bring an otherworldly feel to the name.

To cognate on that, Greysior connotes a deeper gray while Gleishool, alternatively, suggests earthly upheaval (land shovel). The benevolent MC is bringing that about, isn't he?

Coincidentally, my spell checker prefers the latter, but I'll mention your remark and see what the translator thinks. Either one is fine by me.

I'm going to have to disagree. The people on the other side all have western names firmly rooted in European origin, usually Latin, and by extension I'd have to assume their gods as well. As far as I'm concerned, the only people that should have final say is the author/publisher.
Character's and their name meanings:
Valletta (female lead): Italian origin/Latin place (City of Malta island in the Mediterranean)
Nina (Valleta's friend) the other teen girl in ch2: Russian, Georgian form Nino
Colts (the boy in ch2): English; ''From the dark town''
Not yet introduced characters:

Spoiler

They add  -sior suffix to the names of their gods, which I'd say is quite fitting to use the latter half of Excelsior, a Latin word often translated as "ever upward" or "still higher", considering gods, heaven, and whatnot.

And Huge spoiler alert about the real Greysior:

Spoiler

Side note: Balveil actually sounds more like a country than Valveel does. Don't be afraid to look at the novels for missed details or comparisons.

That all being said, thanks for working on this series.

To clarify, he's 25, she's 15. Exactly 10 years (a point they mention in the novels but not so much in the manga). In that world, she's already an adult of marriageable age, because of the short life expectancy due to the usual undeveloped medieval world, periodic famines, poor hygiene, wars drafts, bandits...etc. Normally, you were expected to already be married at her age especially with war looming or during, because it's not usual for the would-be husbands to get drafted into war from their teens. Of course a normal person would want to pop a baby out before that happens if they were in that situation where they may not return alive.

FYI: in Japan, the age of marriage was 16 for girls and 18 for boys with parental consent. If Kazura was serious about following his own country's laws which he doesn't have to in another freaking world, all he would have to is butter up her dad and wait just a single year.

Edit: after reading chapter 2, noticed quite a few spelling and/or grammar errors. Not totally a big deal as it's still more than legible (which can't be said for some other scanlation groups), but it would definitely help to have an editor or another proofreader, as an extra pair of eyes would catch things the previous person didn't, and vice versa.

I believe the exact wording at this point in the story was that she was turning 15 later that year. This would make her 14 and give an age gap of slightly over 10 years. However, I could be mistaken as it may have been a poor translation I was reading. My point remains that he is probably waiting till she's over the legal age (in Japan).

I am fully aware that their village in the setting would probably have been happy to sell her off 12 if they felt the need and the bride price was suitable.

As for the errors. I missed a 'this'(these) on page 7 but saw it the second I opened it on Batoto. I didn't get a look at the final product before it was posted, so perhaps a handful of other spelling and syntax errors which could have been caught weren't. I think it was pretty good given how fast they handled it. It was also 5:00 AM.

I'd like to imagine that you won't drag me out into the street and shoot me for the sin I committed by rushing it. :(

I can't do typesetting on my phone and I'm the only native English speaker in the group. I'd say they did a fantastic job as this is their first English trans. Buy me a new computer or get my Macbook out of intensive care and I'll clean + typeset it again. :P

As for the next one, I'll probably type it up at my workplace using a red font to highlight any changes.

Oh look, another chuuni make-believe power fantasy manga...

I dont think you know what that word means.

Money is the greatest superpower. Bruce Wayne knows the deal.

Buttercup: You can't just BUY superpowers.

Princess: Oh, yeah? Tell that to Batman.

...still can't buy parents though.

Despite the absence of loli appearances, that ass is over ten years his junior. He's probably waiting till she's past the jailbait stage, not that anyone in their world would care.

To clarify, he's 25, she's 15. Exactly 10 years (a point they mention in the novels but not so much in the manga). In that world, she's already an adult of marriageable age, because of the short life expectancy due to the usual undeveloped medieval world, periodic famines, poor hygiene, wars drafts, bandits...etc. Normally, you were expected to already be married at her age especially with war looming or during, because it's not unusual for the would-be husbands to get drafted into war from their teens. Of course a normal person would want to pop a baby out before that happens if they were in that situation where they may not return alive.

Is it just me, or is that water wheel super pointless?  It doesn't utilize the rotational motion except to lift water into a thigh-high aqueduct about 10 feet long where it falls to the channel they dug.  Why not just dig the channel a little farther? 

It's not explained in the manga, but the LN says that the village is at a higher elevation than the river and also very far away. They raise the water up several feet so that it can flow down to the village via a 5 mile long raised aqueduct, not a ground level channel.

The manga fails to depict this at all, the plot rushes along at breakneck speed, and in the LN the war was only 4 years ago which is why houses are still empty.

I blame the artist.

Is it just me, or is that water wheel super pointless?  It doesn't utilize the rotational motion except to lift water into a thigh-high aqueduct about 10 feet long where it falls to the channel they dug.  Why not just dig the channel a little farther? 

I want to like this series, but I think the writing's giving me a hard time.  Protagonist could stand to be smarter, fail more, and have the female lead show some more nuanced personality.  Well, we're still starting out here. So the war started 10 years ago? Hmmm...

i hope this will be my second mistake on plot prediction

Spoiler

This guy is spending millions to help the village so he could tap that ass. He's got priorities, priorities done right.

Despite the absence of loli appearances, that ass is over ten years his junior. He's probably waiting till she's past the jailbait stage, not that anyone in their world would care.

Comfy setting. As long as we don't suddenly go rpg here I'll follow.

The names of the gods here are a bit sketchy. I feel like Yukkuri did a better job with the naming. (i.e. "Greysior" instead of "Gleishool")

I had read much of the LN and so was familiar with the former but felt such a thing should really be up to the translator. As you may already know, Japanese pronounce 'r' and 'l' the same way because they only have one liquid consonant in Japanese.

Thusly Greysior is Gleishool without any real difference in linguistic authenticity, yet I found the avoidance of color in the name to be a refreshing alternative. While it might not be as smooth to the tongue as a pair of nice rhotic letters, I think Gleishool does bring an otherworldly feel to the name.

To cognate on that, Greysior connotes a deeper gray while Gleishool, alternatively, suggests earthly upheaval (land shovel). The benevolent MC is bringing that about, isn't he?

Coincidentally, my spell checker prefers the latter, but I'll mention your remark and see what the translator thinks. Either one is fine by me.

Money is too OP, please nerf.

The foreshadowing darkness make this cute manga a bit unsettling mmm...

This guy is spending millions to help the village so he could tap that ass. He's got priorities, priorities done right.

@MyMind, there are a lot of Satou's so which series do you mean? Also Jikuu Mahou de Isekai, seems like something I'd read so thanks!

If winning the lottery is a super power, maybe. Do you even know what chuuni means...?

Money is the greatest superpower. Bruce Wayne knows the deal.

If winning the lottery is a super power, maybe. Do you even know what chuuni means...?

unfortunately people of that world can't cross the barrier

how about bringing in cable tv or something?

Patitently awaiting the chapter where he shows her the modern world, I love shit like that.

unfortunately people of that world can't cross the barrier

theres a seinen and drama tag.

looks like things are only starting.

FOLLOW

Seeing as this is one were the MC isn't stuck in another world and can just walk back and forth from his house, I was wonder if there are any other series that have a similar mechanic? This can't be the only one to every use that concept, right?

There's Jikuu Mahou blah blah, I forgot the full name,

And there's Satou, although he's still searching for his own timeline..

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics