Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.52 - 183votes)

Takarakuji de 40-oku Atattandakedo Isekai ni Ijuu Suru

Alt Names: alt 宝くじで40億当たったんだけど異世界に移住するalt 中了40亿的我要搬到异世界去住了alt 복권으로 40억에 당첨됐지만 이세계로 이주한다alt I Won 4 Billion in a Lottery But I Went to Another Worldalt Я выиграл 4 миллиарда в лотерее и попал в другой мир
Author: Suzunoki Kuro
Artist: Imai Mujii & Kurojishi
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureDrama DramaFantasy FantasyRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Kazura was selected as the winner on a lottery that he bought on a whim, and received ¥4,000,000,000 (4 billion yen).
To evade the hyenas that smelled the scent of his money, Kazura took refuge at an old residence that had been handed down from generation to generation in his family.
When Kazura was investigating the place that would become his shelter, he stumbled on a certain room where it was possible to go into and back from another world.
The culture and technology level of that world was relatively low. The protagonist sometimes brought goods, sometimes brought technological knowledge.
At that world, he would find his true value as a person.

Source: http://comic-walker.com/contents/detail/KDCW_MF00000030010000_68/
Go to Takarakuji de 40-oku Atattandakedo Isekai ni Ijuu Suru Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic To continue following Hairy Wizardz Translations... New Window HarryDong
  • 0 Replies
Topic Web Novel New Window shizuku kyun
  • 0 Replies

262 Comments

How primitive of a society do you have to be to have never seen a shovel? Have they been digging with their hands this whole time? 

I couldn't even see a valid reason for his need to speed up the completion of the water wheel from 1 month to only 1 week. I mean even with the better work tools, it's still going to take those villagers time to dig the needed canals and construct the resevoir. Just seemed kinda skipped over even by manga standards to me. Why is there such a big rush?

I think the point was that they could more easily water crops and get them sooner. But with as much work as it took, they could have just carried water for an extra week and taken more time on the project.

The village probably would have been happier if he spent the extra 7 million on higher quality food.

Still Waiting an Arc When The Villagers Visit The Japan
I Called This "Reverse-Another World"

Spoiler

Dude really need to invest some of his money or else he going to run out with all his reckless spending.

I was having the same thought through a lot of this chapter. While 4 billion yen is a significant amount it translates to roughly 40 million dollars in U.S. currency.

While that is plenty of money to live a comfortable lifestyle for the rest of his life, at the rate he's spending it probably won't even last him 5 years most likely.

I couldn't even see a valid reason for his need to speed up the completion of the water wheel from 1 month to only 1 week. I mean even with the better work tools, it's still going to take those villagers time to dig the needed canals and construct the resevoir. Just seemed kinda skipped over even by manga standards to me. Why is there such a big rush?

Dude really need to invest some of his money or else he going to run out with all his reckless spending.

I see. One would normally assume it was split up like excel+sior rather than excels+ior. I misunderstood your point; no offense.

Excel (Latin excellere) is a word in English so that's probably the point of confusion, but Excelsior isn't a comparative of excellere.  Excelsior is a comparative of the adjective excelsus.

Excelsior: Ex- (prefix meaning out from) celsus (root meaning high) -ior (derivational suffix meaning more).

Celsus includes the inflectional suffix -sus which turns it into an adjective.

I would imagine that sior comes from se (himself, herself, itself, themselves) and -ior (more).

With this in mind, Greysior still just sounds grayer.

If I find any Romans walking around, I'll interrogate them further. *clutches his thumb screws*

That's actually correct in the manga (see page 7); it started 10 years ago, lasted for 6, and then ended with an 8-year treaty.  

I'm guessing the artist (who otherwise seems to be doing an okay job, assuming they have limited control of the writing) didn't really get what was going on with the water wheel. Notice how it completely omits any kind of surveying? Kind of super important if you want the water to flow where you want it to.

Ha, you're right. I typed this comment when my kids were coming home.

I was talking about the manga failing to depict the water wheel's functionality, but somehow I thought he mentioned the war ended 10 years ago rather than began, but he didn't mention that at all.

I should have split my paragraph or double checked, but I had to scoot. Please disregard my rambling on this.

Still Waiting an Arc When The Villagers Visit The Japan
I Called This "Reverse-Another World"

I didn't say it was incorrect to use sior, I said the s in excelsior is not part of the suffix. I didn't question their usage of sior or that it lacks meaning in some way. Please stop adding little straw man arguments or you'll make me feel like a sen'ior' citizen.

I know that Japanese combine words and I'm well aware of the examples you've given. Persocom from Chobits comes to mind.

I'm sure you could tell me many things about the LN as I've only read the portion that's been translated into English thus far while you seem to know more about what went into the story's construction. I.E. I know the identity of the bag of bones because that's in the LN itself, but I wasn't aware of developmental musings in the LN's construction or translation which you've pointed out.

That makes me imagine that you've done extensive research or are just very assumptive. I'll assume the prior since you've been so extraordinary in having done the Russian translation for this manga and it sounds like you put your fair share of passion into it. That's quite admirable.

I see. One would normally assume it was split up like excel+sior rather than excels+ior. I misunderstood your point; no offense.

...in the LN the war was only 4 years ago which is why houses are still empty

I blame the artist.

•  

That's actually correct in the manga (see page 7); it started 10 years ago, lasted for 6, and then ended with an 8-year treaty.  

I'm guessing the artist (who otherwise seems to be doing an okay job, assuming they have limited control of the writing) didn't really get what was going on with the water wheel. Notice how it completely omits any kind of surveying? Kind of super important if you want the water to flow where you want it to.

Mate, the release was gold, 99% of people won't care about one or two grammar and/or spelling errors if it means faster releases. A job well done even if it hadn't been their first english translation.

Thank you kindly.

Seems extremely rushed when compared to the novel. I'm aware that much of the inner monologue does not translate well to a manga format but this just seems like a summary rather than a proper manga adaption.

That was my thought exactly. They condensed 9 chapters into 2. What's actually happening doesn't always match the artwork and the story cuts from one scene to another without any attempt at progression.

I just hope it improves.

I admit I gave a poor example of real world usage, but the S in sior is not incorrect:

I didn't say it was incorrect to use sior, I said the s in excelsior is not part of the suffix. I didn't question their usage of sior or that it lacks meaning in some way. Please stop adding little straw man arguments or you'll make me feel like a sen'ior' citizen.

I know that Japanese combine words and I'm well aware of the examples you've given. Persocom from Chobits comes to mind.

I'm sure you could tell me many things about the LN as I've only read the portion that's been translated into English thus far while you seem to know more about what went into the story's construction. I.E. I know the identity of the bag of bones because that's in the LN itself, but I wasn't aware of developmental musings in the LN's construction or translation which you've pointed out.

That makes me imagine that you've done extensive research or are just very assumptive. I'll assume the prior since you've been so extraordinary in having done the Russian translation for this manga and it sounds like you put your fair share of passion into it. That's quite admirable.

Seems extremely rushed when compared to the novel. I'm aware that much of the inner monologue does not translate well to a manga format but this just seems like a summary rather than a proper manga adaption.

All this MC's actions can cause a lot of questions, just that no one has asked so far. There's this looming feeling that his naivety will bite everyone in the ass. Here's hoping that isn't the case.

But even as light hearted story, pray that there's a good character development on the MC's part, or he will be only be ogling at that girl forever.

I believe the exact wording at this point in the story was that she was turning 15 later that year. This would make her 14 and give an age gap of slightly over 10 years. However, I could be mistaken as it may have been a poor translation I was reading. My point remains that he is probably waiting till she's over the legal age (in Japan).

I am fully aware that their village in the setting would probably have been happy to sell her off 12 if they felt the need and the bride price was suitable.

As for the errors. I missed a 'this'(these) on page 7 but saw it the second I opened it on Batoto. I didn't get a look at the final product before it was posted, so perhaps a handful of other spelling and syntax errors which could have been caught weren't. I think it was pretty good given how fast they handled it. It was also 5:00 AM.

I'd like to imagine that you won't drag me out into the street and shoot me for the sin I committed by rushing it. :(

I can't do typesetting on my phone and I'm the only native English speaker in the group. I'd say they did a fantastic job as this is their first English trans. Buy me a new computer or get my Macbook out of intensive care and I'll clean + typeset it again. :P

As for the next one, I'll probably type it up at my workplace using a red font to highlight any changes.

Mate, the release was gold, 99% of people won't care about one or two grammar and/or spelling errors if it means faster releases. A job well done even if it hadn't been their first english translation.

You're welcome?

The disagreement you have is with my wording and as such is more of a colossal ditto than an argument against anything I've intentionally implied.

Again, I'll pass along the message to the translator and editor regarding the name. Again, it's up to them, not me. I ruminated over the plausible linguistic roots in my previous statement, but my ponderings or statements do not reflect any opinions held by the translator or team.

As a side note, -ior is a Latin suffix meaning more. That's how we get words like junior, ulterior, and superior. I wasn't aware that they had specifically taken "-sior" from excelsior. However, the s isn't part of the original Latin suffix. Excelsior is a comparative of excelsus with excelsissimus being superlative. Gloria in excelsis Deo.

I admit I gave a poor example of real world usage, but the S in sior is not incorrect:

Etymology:
- From Latin senior. Compare Italian signore.
Noun:
sior m (plural siori, feminine singular siora)
- master, lord
- mister, sir (form of addres)

Praise the lord and savior Jesus Kazura.

On top of that, the word sior changes with an accent:
sìor- Scottish Gaelic: Adjective; continual, continuous, incessant
síor- continual, eternal*, perpetual,
siôr - From Vulgar Latin seior: Rich man/Rich ...hmmm, kind of funny how apt this name is for him, almost like a double meaning.

and finally: seiðr -  type of Norse sorcery associated with Norse god Oðinn/ Odin the god of war, poetry and sorcery. seiðr, also associated with goddess Freyja, a member of the Vanir who were a group of gods associated with fertility, wisdom, nature, magic, and the ability to see the future.

By the way, Greysior is god of Benevolence and Harvest. And this is the supposedly 2nd coming of Greysior, a god like all gods immortal, or dare I say eternal*. With the addition of "magic" Kazura frequently displays like his trusty magical disposable butane lighter, the association with sorcery+gods seems more than fitting.

I personally doubt the author put that much thought into it beyond an afternoon or two on google, but as they say with coincidences: Once Is Chance, Twice is Coincidence, Third Time Is A Pattern.

Japanese people like to combine two whole words and shortening them to create new words, i.e. costume+play=cosplay, more so than using actual existing suffixes. I honestly don't expect them to follow all the rules and nuances of languages when they have no problem having random English buzzwords/phrases printed on shirts like "Crap your hands" (it's actually quite hilarious for those interested).

Just putting that out there.

he wouldn't have legal access to guns.
But he can buy fertilizers!

Easy enough to make black powder from common stuff and a mill, I've done it before. It's also easy to buy seamless pipe, lead, and caps.

He could also start a small machine shop with some of that cash.

I'm guessing some major shit is coming towards the village, what with its more sophisticated technology.  

With the amount of money he has, he can get most of what he'd want on the black market.

id prefer the mc to go back to real world, buy gatling guns ang ak47 incase those soldier attacks them .

I can't wait when the equivalent of either the Romans, Carthaginians or Barbarians suddenly appear and the RICH MC is forced to hire a PMC to protect them

id prefer the mc to go back to real world, buy gatling guns ang ak47 incase those soldier attacks them .

Alternative title: How to blow all your lottery winnings.

I'm going to have to disagree. The people on the other side all have western names firmly rooted in European origin, usually Latin, and by extension I'd have to assume their gods as well. As far as I'm concerned, the only people that should have final say is the author/publisher.
Character's and their name meanings:
Valletta (female lead): Italian origin/Latin place (City of Malta island in the Mediterranean)
Nina (Valleta's friend) the other teen girl in ch2: Russian, Georgian form Nino
Colts (the boy in ch2): English; ''From the dark town''
Not yet introduced characters:

Spoiler

They add  -sior suffix to the names of their gods, which I'd say is quite fitting to use the latter half of Excelsior, a Latin word often translated as "ever upward" or "still higher", considering gods, heaven, and whatnot.

And Huge spoiler alert about the real Greysior:

Spoiler

Side note: Balveil actually sounds more like a country than Valveel does. Don't be afraid to look at the novels for missed details or comparisons.

That all being said, thanks for working on this series.

You're welcome?

The disagreement you have is with my wording and as such is more of a colossal ditto than an argument against anything I've intentionally implied.

Again, I'll pass along the message to the translator and editor regarding the name. Again, it's up to them, not me. I ruminated over the plausible linguistic roots in my previous statement, but my ponderings or statements do not reflect any opinions held by the translator or team.

As a side note, -ior is a Latin suffix meaning more. That's how we get words like junior, ulterior, and superior. I wasn't aware that they had specifically taken "-sior" from excelsior. However, the s isn't part of the original Latin suffix. Excelsior is a comparative of excelsus with excelsissimus being superlative. Gloria in excelsis Deo.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics