Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.13 - 163votes)

Jinrou e no Tensei, Maou no Fukukan

Alt Names: alt 人狼への転生、魔王の副官alt 以人狼之姿转生alt Der Werwolfalt Reincarnated into Werewolf as The Demon King's Aidealt Transmigration to a Werewolf, the Demon Lord’s Camp
Author: Hyougetsu
Artist: Terada Isaza
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureDrama DramaFantasy FantasyMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Reincarnated to a werewolf magician, the Protagonist Vyett was instated as the vice head of the Demon Lord’s third brigade force.

Occupying a remote market town, he was entrusted to management and defense.

As a former human, born a monster, I can understand the sentiments of both sides well enough. Because of that, those around seem to think I’m a man of wisdom, or something of the like, but it’s really just one trouble after the next.

I have to follow those monsters that are overly quick to resort to violence, and do something about the humans, who start to complain immediately. So today as well, I’ll do my best at managing the Demon Lord’s main force.

JP Raw Link:
http://comic-earthstar.jp/detail/beowulf/
Go to Jinrou e no Tensei, Maou no Fukukan Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Second version of this manga New Window truepurple
  • 0 Replies
Topic Jinrou e no Tensei, Maou no Fukukan (Der Werwolf) Raw's New Window Izaya ∞
  • 1 Replies

125 Comments

The fad will pass in time. (Or at least die the **** down).

I would hesitate to call a trend like this a genre at this point--it's just a trope (or small set of tropes).

And Batoto's tags for the most part seem to stick to genres, target demographics, and media formats. There's a couple exceptions, like "gender bender" and "school life", and the traditional manga tags for gay romances, but...

Doubt that the fad would just simply die out when you can find on the raw WN hosting site having isekai themed stories categorized as a genre already.
Since it is a genre on that site and most of them are getting produced into LN...well you know the rest, manga conversion will just keep coming out.

So yeah i believe there should be a isekai genre tag made, because there will just be more of this stuff getting made.

i swear somebody please make an isekai tag

the manga setup is so common nowadays that it deserve its own genre tag

The fad will pass in time. (Or at least die the **** down).

I would hesitate to call a trend like this a genre at this point--it's just a trope (or small set of tropes).

And Batoto's tags for the most part seem to stick to genres, target demographics, and media formats. There's a couple exceptions, like "gender bender" and "school life", and the traditional manga tags for gay romances, but...

I feel so guilty for knowing the artist real name lol. The artstyle is so obvious. Good stuff tho.

I'm getting tired of these stories that start with the climax in the first chapter, then backtrack to the real beginning in the next. Its a cheap writer's ploy to get the reader more interested in the protagonist that is lazy and sinful as heck.

i swear somebody please make an isekai tag

the manga setup is so common nowadays that it deserve its own genre tag

Added Raw Link to description.

Mc's scary face really needs some improvement. He should channel his inner yandere

Spoiler

or perhaps a psycho smile

Spoiler

When I read a high school slice of life I don't say to myself "oh man, these people are from my world, making references to social media, I can now relate to them fully". My relating to the characters is dependent on what the author does with them. Reincarnation is a plot device, not an excuse for lazy writing and forgoing actually developing a character, which is apparently what you think it is best suited for.

Saying that I won't relate to a fantasy character that is smart/talented/etc without some hamfisted ties to our own world is ridiculous. How on earth anybody found the characters in the Record of Lodoss War compelling is truly a mystery of the ages then.

Your right, its a plot device, I'm just trying to say that its a powerful plot device that paves the way for an easy good start, the reason why its popular is cause it has this strength, it gets used a lot and I've seen a lot of comments bagging the use of it.  Its not right to react to many comments through one comment though, but that's the context I'm coming from.  

Developing a character is good, and always makes for a better story (unless they are meant to be an enigma as part of the joke, like Gintama hiding the face of that slave trader with spew/mosiacs so that they never were allowed to be introduced).  I do not know Record of Lodoss War sorry.  I would never say that my FAVOURITE mangas are reincarnation/summoned, I love them because they are just more likely to be easy-going stress free reading, and when your chasing that, you can forgo 'actually developing a character' because your reading to ease the mind by placing it in a world whose plot device allows you to follow a character without even remembering the previous chapter properly.  Something like that...  Come holiday time, or at the end of a big work project I can afford to read something proper.  

EDIT:  Re:Monster and Goblin Slayer are examples where I've found myself wishing I hadn't made the assumption I mention here, so its not fool-proof, but I don't think its totally wrong.  

EDIT2: (I am editing this a bunch of times as I re-evaluate) To clarify: This plot device ALLOWS you to cheapen a story, but it certainly doesn't mean that you should.  I just tend to forgive more when its used, and with some character development (heavy backstories only) comes the burden of carrying that character in your head as well, which is the opposite of stress-free reading.  

That's the negative way of the same thing I said in my comment (probably just 1 or two down from this one).  I read reincarnation/summoned stories, I love an OP main character, superheroes etc.  Often this is has parallels to a harem story so I often read them too, however ecchi and smut properly pisses me off in the same way that you look down upon it in your comment.  The escapism I'm after is more to do with having a character that you know 'will fix all the shit in the best way possible' in a world where 'good guys are strong', the same kinda stuff that makes a kids show (like Shrek or Megamind) fun for the adults as well, which is something anyone who gets upset with the News can appreciate.  I just wouldn't like to think of it as pathetic as you make it sound in your comment.  I personally don't understand how some people can read/watch a horror/smut/tragedy, if we were to give it a similarly negative spin the readers 'must be psychopaths' but that's really not the case.  People are more complicated.  

People may be complicated, but the purpose of our media, and the genres that describe them are simple. That is the point of genre tags after all, to describe a work's effect in a fashion one can filter a catalog for more of. Batoto has one, after all.

Horrors, tragedies, thrillers, psychological dramas all exist to shock the senses.  It is snuff that is the province of actual psychopaths.

As for the rest of that, we'll have to agree to disagree. I dislike OP main characters, and so I think we just have a fundamentally different taste in things.

So sales determine how relatable a character is? That's a faulty premise.

What about any given popular ecchi harem series? Those sell quite well, and there are thousands.

Are they selling well because they have relatable characters, or because they provide a physically erotic form of escapism that people enjoy? The feeling of being loved by dozens of beautiful girls is pleasant, but is it something that the majority of people reading ecchi harems relate to?  No.

Along the same lines, do reincarnation style Isekai stories sell well because they have relatable characters, or because they provide a mentally erotic form of escapism? The feeling of superiority that comes with knowing modern technologies, reasoning, and having a previous life's worth of experience at the start while surrounded by comparably primitive people is pleasant, but is it something that the majority of people reading reincarnation style Isekai stories relate to? No.

You see, reincarnation style Isekai is just another form of smut. So in a way, you are right. Sex sells, even when it's of the mental masturbatory variety.

That's the negative way of the same thing I said in my comment (probably just 1 or two down from this one).  I read reincarnation/summoned stories, I love an OP main character, superheroes etc.  Often this is has parallels to a harem story so I often read them too, however ecchi and smut properly pisses me off in the same way that you look down upon it in your comment.  The escapism I'm after is more to do with having a character that you know 'will fix all the shit in the best way possible' in a world where 'good guys are strong', the same kinda stuff that makes a kids show (like Shrek or Megamind) fun for the adults as well, which is something anyone who gets upset with the News can appreciate.  I just wouldn't like to think of it as pathetic as you make it sound in your comment.  I personally don't understand how some people can read/watch a horror/smut/tragedy, if we were to give it a similarly negative spin the readers 'must be psychopaths' but that's really not the case.  People are more complicated.  

If you want a story in another world, but you also want the MC to have jokes/thoughts based off our world to make it easier to write, then you have them reincarnate or summoned.  Its expected that the reader will be able to relate with the MC because he can joke about ordering a pizza with his/her cellphone even though he/she is sitting in a medieval other-world setting.  That's all it is, a way to skip setting up the story/character because the reader can assume 'that he/she is just someone like me'.  The reader won't relate if the MC is smart, but will relate if while 'being smart' the MC is thinking 'this is just common knowledge in my world, I am actually pretty average'.  The reader also won't relate if the MC is talented, but will relate if while 'being talented' the MC is thinking 'this is just normal in my world' the difference is that subconsciously the reader can think, 'if I was there I would also be considered talented in that world'.  However if you like character buildup on its own (serious readers of that give themselves proper story time) or if given the same opportunity you wouldn't do what the MC is doing (too aggressive, too passive or different logic altogether) then you simply won't appreciate it.  Its a grand idea in itself but because its so easy a lot of manga are doing it and either ruining it or diluting the genre.  I haven't read any of this manga as I'll wait for chapter 1 at least, so this is just in general.  I am totally for reincarnation/summoned stories but I am not a serious reader, I read a lot but its all just to stress-less, so give me a story about a boring office worker kicking ass in a new world anyday.  

When I read a high school slice of life I don't say to myself "oh man, these people are from my world, making references to social media, I can now relate to them fully". My relating to the characters is dependent on what the author does with them. Reincarnation is a plot device, not an excuse for lazy writing and forgoing actually developing a character, which is apparently what you think it is best suited for.

Saying that I won't, or am less able to relate to a fantasy character that is smart/talented/etc without some hamfisted ties to our own world is ridiculous. How on earth anybody found the characters in the Record of Lodoss War compelling is truly a mystery of the ages then.

Ow, can this just be the first chapter?

An isekai that didn't really dwell on the reincarnated part at the beginning for once...

This is the first chapter, I suggest reading the web novel I think it is pretty good.

Number of sales/ amount of these stories being made  is proof enough. It's unfortunate that you don't relate to it but there are far more people that do relate to these stories and that's the target audience.

In other words people don't like what you like get over it. =/

So sales determine how relatable a character is? That's a faulty premise.

What about any given popular ecchi harem series? Those sell quite well, and there are thousands.

Are they selling well because they have relatable characters, or because they provide a physically erotic form of escapism that people enjoy? The feeling of being loved by dozens of beautiful girls is pleasant, but is it something that the majority of people reading ecchi harems relate to?  No.

Along the same lines, do reincarnation style Isekai stories sell well because they have relatable characters, or because they provide a mentally erotic form of escapism? The feeling of superiority that comes with knowing modern technologies, reasoning, and having a previous life's worth of experience at the start while surrounded by comparably primitive people is pleasant, but is it something that the majority of people reading reincarnation style Isekai stories relate to? No.

You see, reincarnation style Isekai is just another form of smut. So in a way, you are right. Sex sells, even when it's of the mental masturbatory variety.

So what I as a reader find relatable is not a matter of opinion?

Explain why you think that, because I don't find the reincarnation gimmick that's popular these days inherently relatable at all.

If you want a story in another world, but you also want the MC to have jokes/thoughts based off our world to make it easier to write, then you have them reincarnate or summoned.  Its expected that the reader will be able to relate with the MC because he can joke about ordering a pizza with his/her cellphone even though he/she is sitting in a medieval other-world setting.  That's all it is, a way to skip setting up the story/character because the reader can assume 'that he/she is just someone like me'.  The reader won't relate if the MC is smart, but will relate if while 'being smart' the MC is thinking 'this is just common knowledge in my world, I am actually pretty average'.  The reader also won't relate if the MC is talented, but will relate if while 'being talented' the MC is thinking 'this is just normal in my world' the difference is that subconsciously the reader can think, 'if I was there I would also be considered talented in that world'.  However if you like character buildup on its own (serious readers of that give themselves proper story time) or if given the same opportunity you wouldn't do what the MC is doing (too aggressive, too passive or different logic altogether) then you simply won't appreciate it.  Its a grand idea in itself but because its so easy a lot of manga are doing it and either ruining it or diluting the genre.  I haven't read any of this manga as I'll wait for chapter 1 at least, so this is just in general.  I am totally for reincarnation/summoned stories but I am not a serious reader, I read a lot but its all just to stress-less, so give me a story about a boring office worker kicking ass in a new world anyday.  

Ow, can this just be the first chapter?

An isekai that didn't really dwell on the reincarnated part at the beginning for once...

Explain why you think that, because I don't find the reincarnation gimmick that's popular these days inherently relatable at all.

Number of sales/ amount of these stories being made  is proof enough. It's unfortunate that you don't relate to it but there are far more people that do relate to these stories and that's the target audience.

In other words people don't like what you like get over it. =/

Because having a reincarnated person from our world makes the MC more relatable. "Respectable" is a matter of opinion.

There is literally no reason to make the protagonist a "reincarnated human". You could make the story 100 times more respectable if he were just smart and/or raised by humans. It'd take less than a sentence.

Maybe the market/publisher/editor forced it? Kind of get the sense that the author didn't care for it either.

There is literally no reason to make the protagonist a "reincarnated human". You could make the story 100 times more respectable if he were just smart and/or raised by humans. It'd take less than a sentence.

Because having a reincarnated person from our world makes the MC more relatable. "Respectable" is a matter of opinion.

I've read the WN for this up to the last translated chapter (been a while, wonder if translator bailed) and it's decent compared to the majority of reincarnation stories. MC behaves rationally, doesn't have his brain in his dick, and the supporting cast is interesting enough. Hope the manga version doesn't butcher it.

Have to say i'm not a fan of how they are drawing the werewolves

I'm hoping to see more. It is starting out with an interesting twist on the overflow of reincarnation stories.

Everyone except for the to-be-main character talks like 5 years old.

"Why can't we kill them when we're stronger?"

FFS.

I hope someone picks it up~ * 3*

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics