Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.62 - 103votes)

RAINBOW

Alt Names: alt 少年犯之七人alt GÖKKUŞAĞIalt RAINBOW - 二舎六房の七人-alt Rainbow - Nisha Rokubō no Shichininalt Радуга
Author: Abe George
Artist: Kakizaki Masasumi
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningDrama DramaHistorical HistoricalPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Six minors (16 - 17 years) answering to the nicknames of Joe, Mario, Suppon, Baremoto, Heitai, and Kyabetsu are put into a reformatory for offenses such as aggravated assault, swindling, flight, etc. Their stay in hell begins immediately. Accommodated by a doctor pedophile, they are placed under the watch of a despotic and brutal crew. Cellmates with a certain Sakuragi (called Anchan), the tension rises between the band of buddies and their new "friend." A brawl breaks out, and our six prisoners are done rossés by the mysterious young man, thanks to his boxing talent.

The story will not only follow the lives of these seven characters surviving in their hellish environment, but also their disillusions due to the rejection by the outside world and by their close relations. This is about the extraodinary and invincible friendships between these young men.

Rainbow received the 2005 Shogakukan Manga Award for the seinen/general category along with A Spirit of the Sun.
Go to RAINBOW Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

95 Comments

Aww... You can just tell some shits gonna strike in the next chapter.
Beautiful manga. The drawing is friggin dramatic and unforgettable.
Couldn't. Stop. Reading.
Baremoto you stupid ass.
A good read, for any genre. It's more drama and life, something I'd recommend to anyone just to get them into manga.

If you're reading the comments to see if its worth it, like all the rest before me, I say read this. I'm just adding this comment now because the mangaka's other work reminded me I have yet to comment here.

You won't regret reading this.
This manga is amazing, manly tears were shed. Read it.

5/5 stars

Spoiler
after baremoto story it's supon and then mario gets the surgery and starts boxing which is where the anime ended.
I can't even put into words how great this manga is...
It grips your heart and captures you in a certain way that is ultimately beautiful...

I agree with MrPoogly, manly tears will be shed on this one

Spoiler

damn that pervert doctor

The tags were really spot-on to this one, I recommend it to everyone, especially those who are looking for Seinen reads.
MANLY TEARS WERE SHED
one of the best manga i´ve ever read... really heavy and all but pretty good.
one of my favorite mangas.
lol they came at the boxing guy one at a time like in a Bruce Lee movie. In real life, that guy would be dead in minutes.
Six men in a prison run by all men with a pedophile doctor.

It's not homophobia if they're really out to get you.
A really good read, thanks a lot to all the parties involved with the scanlation :)
Pretty good, and very inspiring, but there were some parts that I thought were really stupid.
Touching
i really enjoyed the anime, it was without a doubt one of the best series i have ever seen! have high expectations of this manga... it's probably even better :D
usually anime have alternate endings
anime are less descriptive as well most of them ending in 26 or 50 episodes
so better to go for manga as well if u want to enjoy the story more
Yes, Most likely.
does the story goes the same as Anime?

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics