Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 222votes)

Piano no Mori

Alt Names: alt วัยกระเตาะ ตึ่งตึงตึ๊งalt ピアノの森 - The perfect world of KAIalt 琴絃森林alt 피아노의 숲alt Piano Forestalt Piano no Mori: The Perfect World of Kaialt Piyano Ormanı: Kai'nun Mükemmel Dünyasıalt 森林中的钢琴师
Author: Isshiki Makoto
Artist: Isshiki Makoto
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaMusic MusicSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A tranquil tale about two boys from very different upbringings. On one hand you have Kai, born as the son of a prostitute, who's been playing the abandoned piano in the forest near his home ever since he was young. And on the other you have Syuhei, practically breast-fed by the piano as the son of a family of prestigious pianists. Yet it is their common bond with the piano that eventually intertwines their paths in life.

Piano no Mori won a Grand Prize from 2008 [12th] Japan Media Arts Festival.
Go to Piano no Mori Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic latest chapter discussion New Window annihilator
  • 8 Replies
Topic What's in the name? New Window Kusunoki
  • 0 Replies

800 Comments

SHORT!
WHY ARE THESE CHAPTERS SO DAMN SHORT!!! Arghhh....
WOW chapt. 91 was awesome.

Why do the chapters have to have so little pages!? Why?!
Chp 90 Cliffhanger was painful...... I need the next one lol
frost, piano mori has an anime?? really??

wahh linked me please...

grand performance to start!! go kai!!
hahah sorry man
In that time i was studying for an exam so maybe i was a little distracted v:
@Mr.Outsider What's up with that cliff hanger man!

well I searched it up myself and there is an anime movie adaptation of this and its called...Piano no Mori go figure lol.
I love this manga c:
thanks to the scanlations
BTW there is an Anime Movie of this isn´t as great as the manga but maybe there´s someone interested on it
it is called
Wow I read up to the latest chapter in one day. Great series, it seriously made me go on youtube and search up the songs they played and listen to them while I read the manga. Glad to know there's up to 20 volumes of this!
I highly recommend this manga to everyone. I have read this up to vol 20 and its getting more and more interesting to read.
How many volumes of this are out?
Can anyone recommend another manga like this, I thought this would be crap because there's no action in it, but I find that I enjoy this more than bleach.
Nooooooooooooo!!!I want more. Hope they are fast with new releases for this manga.
ahhh.... now kai has been found... wew!
I WANT THIS SERIES TO BE TURNED INTO A LIVE ACTION JAPANESE DRAMA.

And Koreans would do the musical score, because they do that so much better than Japan does...

At least make it into an anime >_>

It's so dramatic -tear-
Hooray, update.
This manga is one of the few mangas I don't mind reading over and over. I even downloaded it so I can read it on my iTouch.

I really can't wait for the next few chapters since
Spoiler

pac

Absolutely mesmerizing manga. At first I was worried it would feel forced and over-dramatic, but as I grew to love each one of the characters I found that nothing about it bothers me. I can empathize with each of the main character's struggles and triumphs, and at times the art can be absolutely gorgeous. Some moments are very tense, others are very funny, and still others are just heart-warming and sweet. It's a drama in the true sense, not in the soap opera sense.

I was originally looking for a funny romance manga like Nodame Cantabile, but I was certainly not disappointed when I found this. I'd recommend everyone to give this manga a try, even if it's not your usual genre.
Isn't that girl a little to desperate...
Ugh why is he with Sae chan... >.> I mean she's a good girl but what about the Bathroom Princess! This sucks.
Definitely, definitely one of my favourites.
His eccentric character is refreshing, and beautifully created.
I love every part of the story, and my interest in it has yet to dwindle a smidgen.
Isshiki Makoto retains her genius in crafting this story~ ♥
'Twill not dissapoint you.
This is a giid read but it can play with ur emotions abit haha. But definite read and thats coming from a person who doesnt like ones that can plkay with ur head to much if you know what i mean.
Nooooo!! Sae-chan!! Come backkkk (>.<) *sigh* thx for the scanlation m(_ _)m
Ah! This one! With new chapters! It's an amazing manga, even if it has a tendency to get a bit depressing in a sort of off-handed manner.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics